J-Pop Thread: Kana Nishino returns

Britneyfan09

16 hours ago, Suilen said:

JASMINE's new single out tomorrow, a j-pop emergency.

GH5S6epbkAA4KkK?format=jpg&name=small

Please support a struggling artist, and the man is NOT singing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Suilen

• Curaga

• AMIT

• UrMom

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Suilen said:

Trying to get into Akina's precursor Momoe Yamaguchi but the girl has 'a billion albums' (actually 22, but some of them are by the book idol stuff since, well, she is THE idol). But her later albums have some interesting stuff, and I like this Utada-covered classic.

Is there anyone's discography as interesting as Akina's? Did Momoe or Seiko come close? :jonny5:

6 hours ago, Suilen said:

Please support a struggling artist, and the man is NOT singing.

okayyyyyyy :gaycatina1:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, D.D.D. said:

Is there anyone's discography as interesting as Akina's? Did Momoe or Seiko come close? :jonny5:

I'm afraid that Akina ate them up, though Momoe did well for someone whose career lasted only 7 years. Maybe an artist like Yumi Matsutoya is theoretically more interesting due to the sheer amount of albums and genres she's done, but I count't vouch for that.

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator
On 3/5/2024 at 8:22 PM, Suilen said:

Trying to get into Akina's precursor Momoe Yamaguchi but the girl has 'a billion albums' (actually 22, but some of them are by the book idol stuff since, well, she is THE idol). But her later albums have some interesting stuff, and I like this Utada-covered classic.

I heard she has a lot of artsy projects.  I couldn’t find her on Spotify so said I’ll get to her later :laugh:  

Listening to TITO again ... 

• Haha 3

On 3/6/2024 at 3:24 PM, D.D.D. said:

these two masterpieces guarantee Momoe doesn’t go down without a fight!

Akina is the GOAT tho. Only maybe Akiko Yano has a more interesting work.

• Like 2

The Sheena singles rate is here, please participate

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Suilen said:

The Sheena singles rate is here, please participate

:party:

WOO HOO!! So excited for this!

• Like 2

This timeless bop :jonny5:

7 hours ago, madonnas said:

I heard she has a lot of artsy projects.  I couldn’t find her on Spotify so said I’ll get to her later :laugh:  

Yes, the albums she recorded outside of Japan, L.A. BLUES and Golden Flight, are interesting-ish, and Imitation Gold from the latter is definitely one of her best songs. Phoenix Densetsu is supposedly a rock opera, and I guess it did sound concept-like when I listened to it. I also like Yokosuka Story that has her biggest hit of the same name, she really made a song with barely a chorus work.

On 3/1/2024 at 7:50 PM, Suilen said:

That song was BENI's crazy girl, I revisited FORTUNE that had some nice production moments, so I thought I'd share it.

I love EMI MARIA's music but she kinda fell off for me due to her support of Trump, though the lack of a new album since EUPHORIA played its role too. 

crazy girl is THAT track. BENI was giving too many mid tempos and ballads so upbeat tracks like these are welcome.
EMI MARIA supports Trump! That is such a bummer because her music is good. :noparty:

BENI needs to release a legitimate city pop covers or original album since COVERS THE CITY wasn't a legit city pop covers album.
With Fly-Day Chinatown, Kimitachi Kiwi Papaya Mango Dane and Ride on Time, she is ready.

• Like 1

This song makes me feel beautiful

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Suilen said:

This song makes me feel beautiful

i have very fond memories associated with this song. i was once listening to it in the comfort of my own home and my brother came up to me and called me a 𝓯𝓪𝓰 and told me that "my music taste was gay". what did he mean by that? perhaps that miliyah is a gay icon? well, that much we know is true. we should ask those girls from the hilary duff commercial. family! :heart2:

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Maresia said:

i have very fond memories associated with this song. i was once listening to it in the comfort of my own home and my brother came up to me and called me a 𝓯𝓪𝓰 and told me that "my music taste was gay". what did he mean by that? perhaps that miliyah is a gay icon? well, that much we know is true. we should ask those girls from the hilary duff commercial. family! :heart2:

Sorry that it happened to you.

tumblr_mj1haoJgjF1rfduvxo1_500.gif

And Katoey Miliyah 10/10 queen of the japaneasese pop is indeed a gay icon.

-

Survived listening to aiko's album 秋 そばにいるよ, I guess it was cute, surprisingly enjoyed the songs by her usual producer more compared to the one who did Progress. Maybe hitomi is just too talented?

tumblr_mj1haoJgjF1rfduvxo1_500.gif

Edited by Suilen
  • Like 1

This queen just came up on my YT recs I need to know everything about her :jonny:

• Like 2

I finally had the time to check out this flop singer from late 90s/early 00s and she didn't dissapoint.

A cute debut that unfortunately has some of the best songs missing on streaming:

An undeniable bop aka her most popular song that was used in Dance Dance Revolution or something:

This is what tommy heavenly6 would've sounded like in an alternative universe:

Queen of understanding the gay experience:

Edited by Suilen
  • Like 2

It's been a minute since I've heard about Che'nelle. She was on Onirenchan not too long ago.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bewitched said:

This queen just came up on my YT recs I need to know everything about her :jonny:

She's originally a vocalist and a songwriter for The Brilliant Green, a rock band. Then in the 00s she went solo and split her projects into two alter-egos: tommy february6, who made synth-poppy stuff, and tommy heavenly6, who made pop rock. 

As tommy february6, she released several albums, two of which are on Spotify and considered classics by many j-pop fans:

She also had a bunch of minis and singles that weren't included on her albums that are worth listening, like Lonely in Gorgeous.

Tommy heavenly6 also has several albums, but I can't say I'm a big fan of that side of her, though I like these classics:

Her latest release was CUPCAKE ANGELS as tommy february6 in 2018, it's not even on Spotify I think, and it's been silent since then. 

Edited by Suilen
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Suilen said:

I finally had the time to check out this flop singer from late 90s/early 00s and she didn't dissapoint.

A cute debut that unfortunately has some of the best songs missing on streaming:

An undeniable bop aka her most popular song that was used in Dance Dance Revolution or something:

This is what tommy heavenly6 would've sounded like in an alternative universe:

Queen of understanding the gay experience:

Omg what kind of ayumi-x lovepears realness

Her producer stomped on the Dr. Luke of Japan I fear

• Like 1

It was an interesting idea to make a mini with each song done by different producer, though I mostly use vanity by MONDO GROSSO and I was a girl. Still better than LOVE FLOP.

She really said no Love Tricky 2 for you ever.

• Like 2

(1618).thumb.gif.40e773eb174c4d4d0905ca4

• Like 1

forgot all about her, back when Yasutaka cooked

13 hours ago, romiskes said:

This is cute, though I do miss when their music had more... edge, I guess.

-

Speaking of inchresting idol discographies, it was cool when Kyoko Koizumi released a house/acid jazz album:

Fade Out is one of my favorite j-pop songs I fear.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.