J-Pop Thread: Kuu and Ayu slay at A-Nation

Britneyfan09

9 minutes ago, playboi said:

Sex doesn't always sell but in her case it SERVED :clap3:

I understand why her label would want this trashy mess erased from history but I really need this song on Spotify :clack:

Trying to find her non-avex discography in pre-streaming days was really a struggle, so it's nice that most of it is available now. I'll probably dive into it at some point. Love that song with VERBAL.

-

The Tibetian legend alan released her first Japanese song in a long time. It's pretty nice.

• Like 3

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Suilen

• Curaga

• AMIT

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Suilen said:

I do feel partially responsible for Nishino's retirement because once the news about Namie's retirement started rolling in, I was like oh hell no we're gonna be left with Nishino now, Kamisama (by Miliyah) please take her too. And he did.

gret84.gif

friendly reminder that miss kanako is simply taking a hiatus and has NOT retired from the music industry, unlike certain singers who so desperately wanted to call it quits that they decided to title their swan album finally and are now attempting to erase their history by removing their music from streaming services globally and deleting their entire youtube channel that contained their music videos

spacer.png

14 minutes ago, Maresia said:

friendly reminder that miss kanako is simply taking a hiatus and has NOT retired from the music industry, unlike certain singers who so desperately wanted to call it quits that they decided to title their swan album finally and are now attempting to erase their history by removing their music from streaming services globally and deleting their entire youtube channel that contained their music videos

spacer.png

If she hasn't retired then why did she release ALL TIME BEST ~Love Collection 15th Anniversary~ that wasn't even for her anniversary, which was was last year, and had zero new songs while she already released Love Collection to commemorate her "hiatus"? It's giving a semi-tired grandma like Kudo Shizuka or any other 80s idol, and unlike Kanako, they had some timeless classics. She's not coming back, let's be real, and if she does, then to what? The industry has moved on, and her fans have grown up, gays or otherwise. She can of course reinvent herself and give us a Utada tea, which will make me her check for her a bit, but I have a feeling that her Utadaesque attempt will be like Hatsukoi at best, and nobody wants that.

gret84.gif

Namie said FINALLY IM FREE WORST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE and stuck to her word. The illegal downloads of her discography have skyrocketed, and she doesn't give a damn. Seems kinda communist of her compared to Kana's capitalist ways, which is the one thing she still has from that Taylor comparison, I guess. I always knew that Namie has it in her ever since listening to WILD for the first time 15 years ago when she dragged her own people for mindlessly buying those AKB songs. No wonder that even AMIT is stanning these days.

gret84.gif

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Suilen said:

If she hasn't retired then why did she release ALL TIME BEST ~Love Collection 15th Anniversary~ that wasn't even for her anniversary, which was was last year, and had zero new songs while she already released Love Collection to commemorate her "hiatus"? It's giving a semi-tired grandma like Kudo Shizuka or any other 80s idol, and unlike Kanako, they had some timeless classics. She's not coming back, let's be real, and if she does, then to what? The industry has moved on, and her fans have grown up, gays or otherwise. She can of course reinvent herself and give us a Utada tea, which will make me her check for her a bit, but I have a feeling that her Utadaesque attempt will be like Hatsukoi at best, and nobody wants that.

gret84.gif

Namie said FINALLY IM FREE WORST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE and stuck to her word. The illegal downloads of her discography have skyrocketed, and she doesn't give a damn. Seems kinda communist of her compared to Kana's capitalist ways, which is the one thing she still has from that Taylor comparison, I guess. I always knew that Namie has it in her ever since listening to WILD for the first time 15 years ago when she dragged her own people for mindlessly buying those AKB songs. No wonder that even AMIT is stanning these days.

gret84.gif

explain how gatekeeping her music from people who can't afford to buy it by removing it from free platforms that are available to the general public is in any way "communist". not everyone has a jpopsuki account

gret84.gif

Anyways...

YWEb42f.gif

hitomi's really grown on me since those days, and I think she's got the best TK material among the girls, not counting globe or his other groups. Maybe because she was also the primary writer?

Her non-TK material is of course good too. Speaking of TK groups, that True Kiss Destination album has some interesting music, although the way he treated Asami is disgusting (and then Keiko too).

But then Asami got back at him while mimicking Namie's style and kinda bodied her at that game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Suilen said:

Anyways...

YWEb42f.gif

hitomi's really grown on me since those days, and I think she's got the best TK material among the girls, not counting globe or his other groups. Maybe because she was also the primary writer?

these two masterpieces :clap3:

and the video for In the future is serving hyper CAMP omg :jonnycat: legend

• Like 1

speaking of hitomi x TK, by myself is one of the best things he's produced, I mean LOOK at the material (including the aforementioned bop "In the future")

this video is a serve :jonnycat:

You all probably hate Jo1 but is there any, boygroup excellence like this song on the jpop world:jonnycat: what a Bop, need more songs like this one.

29 minutes ago, MusicFan98 said:

You all probably hate Jo1 but is there any, boygroup excellence like this song on the jpop world:jonnycat: what a Bop, need more songs like this one.

Naniwa Danshi have their moments I guess:

Official Hige Dandism's Pretender hit 500M views!

Edited by Joseline

7 hours ago, Suilen said:

Anyways...

YWEb42f.gif

Her non-TK material is of course good too. Speaking of TK groups, that True Kiss Destination album has some interesting music, although the way he treated Asami is disgusting (and then Keiko too).

do you have any tea on her standing in the Avex hierarchy at the time? She has like two song titles and a cover that's similar to Namie & Ayu but that's enough for me to be a toxic stan and create fanfiction about the dynamic there. 

not quite the most appropriate time of the year to be listening to this song, but it is a classic (in my heart) nonetheless. mariya takeuchi, you will always be famous :clap3: 

5 hours ago, Meloetta Carey said:

do you have any tea on her standing in the Avex hierarchy at the time? She has like two song titles and a cover that's similar to Namie & Ayu but that's enough for me to be a toxic stan and create fanfiction about the dynamic there. 

All I could find is that she was sort of considered a Komuro family "misfit" due to her singles not having as much success as his other works, and she had more single success between 2000-2002 when she dropped him. I think that she was the blueprint for how avex would handle their girls in the future, and they probably thought that hitomi being a writer was a liability, hence TK writing and producing everything for Namie (although people will say that Namie was just talentless, but not when she wrote I WILL and say the word 
:eli:). With Ayumi, they saw that her writing would be her selling point, and TK production wouldn't mesh with her anyway, so he wasn't involved and she worked with him years later on Love Songs when she was very established. So I guess that hitomi was an underdog who still had some impact on avex's decisuons.

• Thanks 1

Jazz Sheena completely obliterates Rock Sheena for me I fear

zach-campbell-zach.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/24/2024 at 7:53 PM, PerfectSacrifice said:

Just discovered this thread. Sharing my favorite j-pop song.

this bops sooooo hard :WAP:

Whatever album this one’s on has to be the next Kumi album I check out!

Edit: omg duh, it’s on Trick, already recommended to me lol. I did check out Kingdom last week, so Trick is next! 

Edited by Curaga
  • Like 1

I suppose the one thing the troll user @Maresia is right about is that these days you won't see people posting Namie's WANT ME, WANT ME, Do Me More, WHAT A FEELING, WILD, Baby Don't Cry etc videos and saying that they changed their lives and not only because she's gone from streaming but because she'd removed the full videos from YouTube long before that. That is a big loss for her and little Namaids as even when you use jps and the like, you still need to know what exactly to snatch and sample the goods, so to speak. But well, I'm always here to point people in the right direction.

gretchen.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Suilen said:

I suppose one of the many things the serious user @Maresia is right about is that these days you won't see people posting Namie's WANT ME, WANT ME, Do Me More, WHAT A FEELING, WILD, Baby Don't Cry etc videos and saying that they changed their lives and not only because she's gone from streaming but because she'd removed the full videos from YouTube long before that. That is a big loss for her and little Namaids as even when you use jps and the like, you still need to know what exactly to snatch and sample the goods, so to speak. But well, I'm always here to point people in the right direction.

gretchen.gif

thank you for acknowledging it :-*

• Like 1

3 hours ago, playboi said:

Jazz Sheena completely obliterates Rock Sheena for me I fear

zach-campbell-zach.gif

Depends what era of rock Sheena but yes, you spilled! 

14 hours ago, Maresia said:

not quite the most appropriate time of the year to be listening to this song, but it is a classic (in my heart) nonetheless. mariya takeuchi, you will always be famous :clap3: 

Love her song Plastic Love

and her self-cover of Eki where she kinda ended Akina but it's fine because Akina has plenty of covers where she ended the original artists.

gretchen.gif

Edited by Suilen
  • Like 1

Omg so nice to see the J-Pop thread popping. :jonnycat: I was RAISED by Utada, Ayu, Koda Kumi, Namie, Perfume, English singing Sweetbox / Jade Valerie (who was big in Japan and South Korea) and various others. All beyond iconic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Suilen said:

Love her song Plastic Love

surprised you're familiar with this obscure deep cut :clap3:

1 hour ago, Suilen said:

and her self-cover of Eki where she kinda ended Akina but it's fine because Akina has plenty of covers where she ended the original artists.

gretchen.gif

mariya's rendition of eki is indeed superior but i fear akina ate her up on OH NO, OH YES! :alexz2:

then again, that was the result of two queens coming together to maximize their joint slay. mariya's pen game and akina's delivery was one for the history books 

spacer.png

• Like 1

Love this bop by miss Kumiko that reminds me of a certain user that refuses to come back here and bless us with his unique opinions:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tropical said:

Omg so nice to see the J-Pop thread popping. :jonnycat:

We need a canto/mando pop thread :clownny: I wanna talk about Sandy Lamgend 

• Like 1

On 2/28/2024 at 8:06 PM, Suilen said:

Anyways...

YWEb42f.gif

But then Asami got back at him while mimicking Namie's style and kinda bodied her at that game.

I remember that long article exposed Max Matsuura and Avex mentioned hitomi is Avex vice president's girlfriend in the 90s lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.