They're so good :jonnycat:

• Like 1

An iconic collaboration between Utada 1.5 and Utada 2.0 :clap3:

Though I fear that Utada 0.5 and Utada 2.5 might've eaten them up

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 2/28/2024 at 8:06 AM, Suilen said:

Anyways...

hitomi's really grown on me since those days, and I think she's got the best TK material among the girls, not counting globe or his other groups. Maybe because she was also the primary writer?

lmao this song has been featured TWICE on Tokyo Vice and deservedly so 

• Like 1

I agree hitomi's TK works are some of his best but weirdly her best single imo during her TK era was the one not actually produced by him nnn

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kyle-x said:

I agree hitomi's TK works are some of his best but weirdly her best single imo during her TK era was the one not actually produced by him nnn

My personal favorite remains Progress, which is also not produced by him, and I have some affection for her much later work that people pretend doesn't exist, although I do support this anthem that's also the excuse my minions keep giving me when I tell them to post more in the thread.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Suilen said:

My personal favorite remains Progress, which is also not produced by him, and I have some affection for her much later work that people pretend doesn't exist, although I do support this anthem that's also the excuse my minions keep giving me when I tell them to post more in the thread.

She's just too good :jonny: her later albums are pretty great, especially SPIRIT which I have a lot of nostalgia for. I used to be obsessed with Hands up!! and Sweet & Honey

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Suilen said:

i was today years old when i learned this song was not produced by tetsuya komuro :deadbanana2: i'm pretty sure i've used it to defend him from certain skeptics in the past too. oops, i guess. a masterpiece, nonetheless!

50 minutes ago, Maresia said:

i was today years old when i learned this song was not produced by tetsuya komuro :deadbanana2: i'm pretty sure i've used it to defend him from certain skeptics in the past too. oops, i guess. a masterpiece, nonetheless!

Her first 10 singles sans BUSY NOW were produced by Komuro and then starting with Sora and the other singles off of the h best album onwards they were all produced by other people! The guy who produced Progress did quite a few songs for aiko which I'm sure @Suilen will love to hear :eli: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Utada is coming to the US this year:jonny6: I need to get my tickets 

2 hours ago, Kyle-x said:

She's just too good :jonny: her later albums are pretty great, especially SPIRIT which I have a lot of nostalgia for. I used to be obsessed with Hands up!! and Sweet & Honey

I'm partial to this trashy bop which wasn't even on streaming last time I checked, whew, what a time to be alive.

1 hour ago, Kyle-x said:

Her first 10 singles sans BUSY NOW were produced by Komuro and then starting with Sora and the other singles off of the h best album onwards they were all produced by other people! The guy who produced Progress did quite a few songs for aiko which I'm sure @Suilen will love to hear :eli: 

Oh wow... Now that's not the words I ever expected to read... But... maybe aiko isn't completely hopeless... maybe she and I are still meant to happen. 

I see he's on these albums:

秋 そばにいるよ

暁のラブレター

夢の中のまっすぐな道

彼女 (one song but I think naming your album "girlfriend" is kinda cool)

I'll try listening to them next week and will be back with either praises or some unflattering comparison as usual :eli:

Fantome fans when someone shades the album

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

people whose surname is hamasaki are so talented :bird:

Edited by Maresia

peak j-pp :giraffe:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maresia said:

people whose surname is hamasaki are so talented :bird:

Love this song by her titled BIBLE, where I can actually hear God, unlike a series of bland best albums under the same name by a certain singer whose records were thankfully erased by a legend sharing Yoko's surname :clap3:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Suilen said:

Love this song by her titled BIBLE, where I can actually hear God, unlike a series of bland best albums under the same name by a certain singer whose records were thankfully erased by a legend sharing Yoko's surname :clap3:

since you like it so much, please email her label and tell them to make blue forest available on spotify globally. i wrote them a message using google translator but who knows what was actually said. the world deserves to hear glass no bed!

Edited by Maresia

Do y'all claim XG as J-pop?

5 minutes ago, illia said:

Japanese artist who sing in English and promote in Korea mainly idk what they are.

10 minutes ago, Maresia said:

since you like it so much, please email her label and tell them to make blue forest available on spotify globally. i wrote them a message using google translator but who knows what was actually said. the world deserves to hear glass no bed!

Sure, why not. I'm already doing more for j-pop internationally than avex has done in the last 10 years.

5 minutes ago, illia said:

They have some bops, so they can stay, though they obviously appeal to k-pop fans first and foremost. I'd say groups like Faky and E-Girls seemed better at appealing to both sides.

• Like 1

Yes kings are coming back :WAP:

Edited by JO1s

This is so random but werk :jonny5:

do yall stan Atarashii Gakko in this household?

That was a classic

I'd say what a loss to music but then Kyary suddenly released some of her best music after Mito's retirement, which balanced things out.

• Like 1

JASMINE's new single out tomorrow, a j-pop emergency.

GH5S6epbkAA4KkK?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 1

Thank god their best release is getting some promo.

• Like 1

Trying to get into Akina's precursor Momoe Yamaguchi but the girl has 'a billion albums' (actually 22, but some of them are by the book idol stuff since, well, she is THE idol). But her later albums have some interesting stuff, and I like this Utada-covered classic.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.