J-Pop Thread: Kuu and Ayu slay at A-Nation

Britneyfan09

Some guy spent 10k USD to spend 1 hour and 10 minutes holding hands with her, that's INSANE. :deadbanana2:

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Suilen

• Curaga

• AMIT

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

2024-07-18-14-12-05-Window.png

good times

• Like 1

Not her releasing a remix EP for a song from 2017... girl

These girls got AG Cook now

They're not playing

• Like 1

On 7/18/2024 at 8:13 AM, getinthezone said:

2024-07-18-14-12-05-Window.png

good times

WHEW. "Flavour of Life," "Baby Don't Cry," and "Lovers Again" all in the top ten. :heart:

Real music

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Suilen said:

Real music

The office siren core on the cover oh the Tik Tok girlies need to acknowledge their mother

• Like 2

I'm hammering Ayu's early albums hard lately. I might be considering making her the sequel to my acclaimed Utada rate :lakitu:

• Like 3

SHIKANOKO NOKONOKO KOSHITANTAN

giphy.gif

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Subomie said:

I'm hammering Ayu's early albums hard lately. I might be considering making her the sequel to my acclaimed Utada rate :lakitu:

Maybe there can be part 1 for that one too (with part 2 potentially never happening) :lakitu:

Akiko Yano's (the Japanese Kate Bush, Ryuichi Sakamoto's collaborator and spouse etc) early discography is now available worldwide:

• Thanks 1

On 7/24/2024 at 2:38 PM, Subomie said:

Please do, and soon. I've been waiting patiently :relax:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nostalgic said:

Please do, and soon. I've been waiting patiently :relax:

You voting in the Kumi rate, sis? :gaycat3:

1 minute ago, Curaga said:

You voting in the Kumi rate, sis? :gaycat3:

I am aware of its existence, yes :gaycat3: might be spontaneous and send at the last minute although I'll admit I'm not too familiar with Ms Koda's work.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, nostalgic said:

I am aware of its existence, yes :gaycat3: might be spontaneous and send at the last minute although I'll admit I'm not too familiar with Ms Koda's work.

It's a great way to get more familiar! Hope to see you there :gaycat2:

• Like 1

Fujii Kaze

• Like 1

On 7/25/2024 at 2:47 AM, Suilen said:

Maybe there can be part 1 for that one too (with part 2 potentially never happening) :lakitu:

I'm torn on logistics. Her discography is so big that I#d be splitting it for sure. Just not sold on what would work better... two parts of about ~130 songs each, or three parts of about ~85 songs each...

I mean, regardless of choice the last part is going to be a hard sell for anybody :skull: But J-Pop rates are already niche on here, and too many songs could scare off the girls. Idk! Advice, ladies?

4 minutes ago, Subomie said:

I'm torn on logistics. Her discography is so big that I#d be splitting it for sure. Just not sold on what would work better... two parts of about ~130 songs each, or three parts of about ~85 songs each...

I mean, regardless of choice the last part is going to be a hard sell for anybody :skull: But J-Pop rates are already niche on here, and too many songs could scare off the girls. Idk! Advice, ladies?

If we go by sales (since quality is more subjective, though I believe that the consensus is that the first part is also her best quality-wise), then the first part could include her million sellers (up to (miss)understood + Memorial Address), that would be about... 116 songs (or 118 if you include the new songs from A BALLADS). Then part 2 with Secret - Love Again + Five (100k+ sellers). The last part would have 4 studio albums and 2 minis, which is probably easier to sell. Maybe @Kyle-x has a better idea about the division. But yeah, regardless of the number of songs, it'll be mostly for the people who are already familiar with the material, curiosity isn't in vogue these days.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Suilen said:

If we go by sales (since quality is more subjective, though I believe that the consensus is that the first part is also her best quality-wise), then the first part could include her million sellers (up to (miss)understood + Memorial Address), that would be about... 116 songs (or 118 if you include the new songs from A BALLADS). Then part 2 with Secret - Love Again + Five (100k+ sellers). The last part would have 4 studio albums and 2 minis, which is probably easier to sell. Maybe @Kyle-x has a better idea about the division. But yeah, regardless of the number of songs, it'll be mostly for the people who are already familiar with the material, curiosity isn't in vogue these days.

Might not be a bad idea. My initial thought was to maybe try and sort it so that Love Songs ends up in the third part... like leaving out crumbs to get the girls to listen to the rest of the 2010s stuff. :suburban:

Maybe going for two big parts and one smaller finale would be best.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Subomie said:

Might not be a bad idea. My initial thought was to maybe try and sort it so that Love Songs ends up in the third part... like leaving out crumbs to get the girls to listen to the rest of the 2010s stuff. :suburban:

Maybe going for two big parts and one smaller finale would be best.

Well, I wouldn't mind seeing it dominate the top 10 somewhere.

:suburban:

Also, I remember interludes being omitted in Utada's rate, but they definitely should all be in Ayumi's rates as people tend to have a high opinion of them. It'd be interesting to see them overtake actual songs.

• Like 1

My initial thought was to have a bonus section for interludes, maybe to pad out a smaller part three, but I would be willing to just include them in the main festivities as well. :bird:

5 hours ago, Suilen said:

(miss) is a pretty good cut off point for the first one! You could also argue for a cut off at MY STORY because imo there's more of a clear distinction in the music pre/post (miss) and makes more sense to me as the start of a new chapter (the use of Sweetbox compositions, darker themes lyrically, kind of the end of her imperial sales phase even though it was still a smash). I would personally cut the second one off at Love songs because Party Queen is generally agreed upon as another major shift (back to much darker themes, the first album not to go platinum, the first divorce, the end of her releasing traditional physical singles every year).

• Like 3

Ended Houjoya

This looks and sounds good, I'm shaking (otherwise I was going to bomb Capcom's building so that they'd never make another Monster Hunter)

7U9mmkC.gif

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.