• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Suilen

• Curaga

• AMIT

• Joseline

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a bit of a cultural reset, and the song's title probably references Shiina's song from Muzai Moratorium

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Suilen said:

That was a bit of a cultural reset, and the song's title probably references Shiina's song from Muzai Moratorium

that was a classic and yes nina yes impact

album out next week I'm ready for the BOPS! :jonnycat:

• Like 1

Koda Kumi singles rate in July. Physical ones only. Stay tuned.

gretchen.gif

• Like 4

7 years since we were BLESSED by this masterpiece 

• Like 2

Hit 100M views!

• Like 1

Icon Anna Banana is now on streaming

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/16/2024 at 6:30 PM, JO1s said:

:WAP:

The way they are serving Daughters of aespa, ultimate baddies:WAP: This is the kind of aggressively-modern music I LIVE for. Instant Stan :clap:Can't wait to hear more from them 

@Danes @Curaga

Edited by Reginald
  • Like 2

really had to log into my jpopsuki account for this *****

• Like 2

Thought this was cute... and since I'm here.

• Thanks 1

DAOKO's album is cute, only didn't like NovemberWeddingDay I think

pw7ttSs.gif

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Suilen said:

DAOKO's album is cute, only didn't like NovemberWeddingDay I think

pw7ttSs.gif

omg I didn't realize it was out now! 

Let me stream this later today 

:jonnycat:

• Like 1

SOTY:WAP:

• Like 2

Shiina Ringo's new album Houjouya is out on Wednesday

houjoya_normal.png

Tracklist:

01. ちりぬるを / 椎名林檎と中嶋イッキュウ(tricot,ジェニーハイ)
02. 私は猫の目 album ver.
03. 生者の行進 / 椎名林檎とAI
04. 人間として
05. 初KO勝ち / 椎名林檎とのっち(Perfume)
06. 公然の秘密 album ver.
07. 浪漫と算盤 TYO album ver. / 椎名林檎と宇多田ヒカル
08. 茫然も自失
09. ドラ 1 独走 / 椎名林檎と新しい学校のリーダーズ
10. さらば純情 album ver.
11. 余裕の凱旋 / 椎名林檎とDaoko
12. いとをかし album ver.
13. ほぼ水の泡 / 椎名林檎ともも(チャラン・ポ・ランタン)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Daoko and Nocchi collabs could be a slay. Nobody asked for AI, though, should've been Miliyah!

• Haha 1

Their best EP since 2021 

• Like 2

560k in presales they're smashing 

• Like 1

On 5/26/2024 at 9:06 PM, Suilen said:

Shiina Ringo's new album Houjouya is out on Wednesday

houjoya_normal.png

Tracklist:

01. ちりぬるを / 椎名林檎と中嶋イッキュウ(tricot,ジェニーハイ)
02. 私は猫の目 album ver.
03. 生者の行進 / 椎名林檎とAI
04. 人間として
05. 初KO勝ち / 椎名林檎とのっち(Perfume)
06. 公然の秘密 album ver.
07. 浪漫と算盤 TYO album ver. / 椎名林檎と宇多田ヒカル
08. 茫然も自失
09. ドラ 1 独走 / 椎名林檎と新しい学校のリーダーズ
10. さらば純情 album ver.
11. 余裕の凱旋 / 椎名林檎とDaoko
12. いとをかし album ver.
13. ほぼ水の泡 / 椎名林檎ともも(チャラン・ポ・ランタン)

omg I'm kinda glad I missed this post till now because now it's just out!! I will be streaming this today!

I did stream Daoko's new album and wrote a couple comments to post later since the servers were being extra bad that day:

First song is a cute bop! 
Loving the instrumental on SLUMP. instrumental on ONNA is cool too 
Aw, NovemberWeddingDay is kinda funky! I liked that one
Nanchatte was kinda perfect for a rainy day like today, comfy

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Curaga said:

omg I'm kinda glad I missed this post till now because now it's just out!! I will be streaming this today!

I did stream Daoko's new album and wrote a couple comments to post later since the servers were being extra bad that day:

First song is a cute bop! 
Loving the instrumental on SLUMP. instrumental on ONNA is cool too 
Aw, NovemberWeddingDay is kinda funky! I liked that one
Nanchatte was kinda perfect for a rainy day like today, comfy

Well, you're in luck because the album is very Sandokushi-coded

tenor.gif

1 minute ago, Suilen said:

Well, you're in luck because the album is very Sandokushi-coded

tenor.gif

Uh oh, and you were liking the singles... Are you disappointed with it then? Does it rank higher than Sandokushi?

3 minutes ago, Curaga said:

Uh oh, and you were liking the singles... Are you disappointed with it then? Does it rank higher than Sandokushi?

私は猫の目 is different from the single version in a good way, but the rest of them didn't receive significant changes, I feel. Well, maybe 公然の秘密 sounds even more like Mayonaka? It's not that anything was even expected, but some of them could benefit from tweaks. As for the collabs, most of them are fine, with AI keeping her iconic streak of having 0 good ones. Still, spiritually they seem like the ones on Sandokushi, just with girls and Utada. An improvement over men, though not a big one. For now, I can't really say where I rank it, need more time. As I said during the rate, I revisited Sandokushi and could look at it more favorably, which complicates things (I don't want to say in what way). Oh, 茫然も自失 is entirely in Spanish, slay polyglot queen!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Suilen said:

私は猫の目 is different from the single version in a good way, but the rest of them didn't receive significant changes, I feel. Well, maybe 公然の秘密 sounds even more like Mayonaka? It's not that anything was even expected, but some of them could benefit from tweaks. As for the collabs, most of them are fine, with AI keeping her iconic streak of having 0 good ones. Still, spiritually they seem like the ones on Sandokushi, just with girls and Utada. An improvement over men, though not a big one. For now, I can't really say where I rank it, need more time. As I said during the rate, I revisited Sandokushi and could look at it more favorably, which complicates things (I don't want to say in what way). Oh, 茫然も自失 is entirely in Spanish, slay polyglot queen!

Oh yeah, Sandokushi energy for sure with all the collabs and including singles from 5 years ago :clown:

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Suilen said:

On second thought, いとをかし has more instruments this time, which makes it shine more, but I already liked it anyway. Looking forward to seeing what other people have to say.

Finally listened to Hojoya and these were my first impressions! Overall... Not her best :suburban:

01 First song is super cool. Love the vibe. 
02 I like the instrumental way better on this album ver.
03 AI, sis... get out of here lol. The song itself isn't that bad, but seems similar to other songs she's done before. 
04 Quaint. Kinda Broadway without being too corny. 
05 Funkyyyyy, love the organ
06 Hmm, yeah a little different from the single version, but, like, not that different 
07 Almost a blend of the two versions, but I still prefer the LDN ver. 
08 kinda boring oop, sounds kinda like another one of her songs that was better (Meisai/迷彩)
09 This one's reusing an old song/melody too (or at least it reminds me of Saihate ga mitai/最果てが見たい). So far this album is reminding me of her self-covers albums, same kind vibe imo.  
10 Hmmm I didn't remember this being a B-side. This one's nice. Her voice is already so unique/weird, throwing auto-tune on it too makes it really alien (in a good way imo). 
11 mmm ok
12 that damn piano omg
13 Wow these last 3 are not it for me lol

Another Sandokushi parallel I noticed is that the track lists for both albums are perfectly aligned, with 13 tracks each and 5 characters in each title (granted all full-width characters and the right font are used). Kinda makes me wonder if they are meant to be sister albums, or if she just likes this design choice lately.

OTktNzYzMC5qcGVn.jpegi-img1200x1200-1716954050813qazws0.jpg

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.