Tinashe

Saint

14 hours ago, State of Grace. said:

WE CANT BE FLOPS (WAIT FOR YOUR SMASH) ending 7 Rings yup yup yup

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952qyabaxkghmgac536l71

On 12/16/2023 at 3:00 PM, SchmoodRing said:

To you. Its felt very much like a tiktok EP short ass songs and not fully conceptualized and just in general felt like it came up short

On 12/16/2023 at 4:54 AM, Vixen Eyes said:

excuse me but BB/A part 1 is flawfree

It is one thing to pretend a barely 20 minutes project is an album but to treat it as a short little mixtape, while promoting on paper (the only place this was ever an album) as an album is exceptionally delusional.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nuclear

• orange22

• Indie Go Mind

• kishi

She and Shay are perfect fit. She needs to keep him as part of her creative team at the very least for another era. I hope they can get the budget to truly bring their vision alive. She just needs the budget to hire an amazing videographer/filmmaker and set design/lighting designer and she is set. The bb/Ang3l experience was amazing and they did that with minimal budget. She was in middle of rehearsing for a tour and decide put bb/ang3l together directly after the tour was cancelled. I am salivating of what they could accomplish with a nice budget, time, and full creative team. 

31 minutes ago, nuclear said:

It is one thing to pretend a barely 20 minutes project is an album but to treat it as a short little mixtape, while promoting on paper (the only place this was ever an album) as an album is exceptionally delusional.

well it is an EP as it sits, but its promoted as part one of her album.

Edited by Vixen Eyes

20 minutes ago, Vixen Eyes said:

well it is an EP as it sits, but its promoted as part one of her album.

That is not how it was promoted, we have decided to call it that. Even though here we know there is more than one act, it was never promoted as that until recently. 

10 minutes ago, SapphireSky said:

I believe she'll go all out on the next era/album

That is still one era. She needs to cause, this was a disaster.

7 hours ago, nuclear said:

What I am saying she, her team, and nicelife needs to figure things out and have a plans for next part of the era. I hope they have learned a lot from this flop . I hope them pushing back the album means they have plans and getting ready to successfully execute them. From what I’ve heard that is not the case. If not just drop part 2 , do festivals runs and try again next year. I love Tinashe she above these small venues and deserves to perform at radiocity, fox theater, Greek theater, bill gram auditorium at the very least. She honestly deserves to book Arenas but I take haft arenas size venues. She needs to drop nice life and/or sign a distribution deal. I know I will probably never see a Tinashe headline arenas tour or arenas show but I should been able to see her putting arenas level shows at venues like radiocity at the very least. Her booking the same venues as her last tour and being close to soldout 4K venue like the radius with just off her name with such disaster that was this era is impressive but we need more. 

Yeahhh I think Tinashe is fine with her level of popularity and success. I think she's happy with just being independent and making the art that she wants to make as long of she's making enough money to maintain her lifestyle and fund her projects. If you're expecting anything more than that you may be just setting yourself up for disappointment lol. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Navyboy20 said:

Yeahhh I think Tinashe is fine with her level of popularity and success. I think she's happy with just being independent and making the art that she wants to make as long of she's making enough money to maintain her lifestyle and fund her projects. If you're expecting anything more than that you may be just setting yourself up for disappointment lol. 

Don’t get me wrong, I am not expecting her to be big artist, I have made my piece with that long ago, it doesn’t mean she can’t continue to grow. Tinashe wants more and I want more for her. What is wrong with that? 

I just want her to continue to improve, move forward, and grow, not go backwards. What is wrong with that? I am not asking her to sacrifice herself and her art just for a chance to bigger. I just want her to have a bigger budget, better eras, and bigger tour that is all. 

She has some exciting collabs in the vault, hopefully those collabs will not be shelves like the other ones 

Bop :jonny5:

Nasty nasty nasty 

is someone going match my nast:WAP:

is someone going matches my freakyness 

3 hours ago, nuclear said:

I just want her to continue to improve, move forward, and grow, not go backwards. What is wrong with that? I am not asking her to sacrifice herself and her art just for a chance to bigger. I just want her to have a bigger budget, better eras, and bigger tour that is all. 

I don't know. Im a casual fan and I came in here to see if there was a release date for bb/ang3l pt 2. and all I'm seeing in here is negativity and doom and gloom from you.  It makes me not want to come back to this thread tbh  :biblio:

• Like 1

On 3/12/2024 at 12:00 PM, Navyboy20 said:

I don't know. Im a casual fan and I came in here to see if there was a release date for bb/ang3l pt 2. and all I'm seeing in here is negativity and doom and gloom from you.  It makes me not want to come back to this thread tbh  :biblio:

Grow some tough skin snowflakes 

This girl is really the hardest working girl in the industry. 

I think she shooting multiple music videos this weekend :jonny5:

Jojo choreographed one of them. We also got couple of OG dancers back

Edited by nuclear

Her work ethic is insane. Just got off a tour went straight to studio to record new music and collaborations, done multiple shoots, attended various events, within a week learn and rehearse choreography with multiple choreographers and shoot multiple music video, fly to opposite side of the world for festival dates and when she comeback from that, they have to prepare for Coachella and launch part 2 album campaign. That is just from what we can see. There is so much more going on behind the scene.

@Navyboy20 Tinashe work so hard and give us so much and on top of creating wonderful art is one of the many reason I go hard for her and wants better for her. She deserves the best. 

She shots a music video yesterday 

• 2 weeks later...

spacer.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My conservative mum was stanning during her Coachella set last night. She is truly a woman of many talents.

• Like 2

Hi everyone!

Tinashe has been on my radar for some time now, as countless fellow pop and R&B enthusiasts online frequently highlighted her as a criminally underrated artist. I started checking out a few songs here and there last year - all of which I loved. But after watching her Coachella set, I think I'm ready for a proper discography deep dive. :heart2:

Reading over her career trajectory, it was so disappointing to learn how her frustrating time at RCA hindered the momentum she had with "2 On" and prevented her from reaching the mainstream heights she truly deserved. This woman has the complete package as an artist and performer. It's also insane this was her first time performing at Coachella. 

I don't know how the consensus has been like for long-time fans, and I don't have much basis to speak on the strength of the setlist, but I absolutely loved what Tinashe and her amazing dancers delivered onstage. The set-up was relatively simple, but the energy, killer choreography, and effortlessly cool vibes were enough. It's telling that despite not being familiar with most of the songs performed I was still invested from beginning to end and couldn't wait to get a playlist with the setlist to discover it all later.

So obsessed with her outfit too! 

tinashe-800x1200.jpg

Edited by Moonlight Nation
  • Like 5

By the way, I'm surprised nobody shared the setlist yet, so forgive me for the double post. Per the extremely helpful setlist.fm website:

1. "X"
  2. "Throw A Fit"
  3. "Bouncin"
  4. "Link Up"
  5. "The Worst In Me"
  6.  [dance-break intermission] "HMU For A Good Time"
  7. "Uh Huh"
  8. "Touch & Go"
  9. [dance-break intermission] "Gold Teeth"
  10. "Unconditional"
  11. "Story Of Us"
  12. "Sunburn"
  13. "All My Friends" [solo]
  14. "Nasty"
  15. [intermission] "SHY GUY"
  16. "Tightrope"
  17. "Gravity" [mixed with the chorus of "Superlove" ]
  18. "Needs" / "All Hands On Deck"
  19. "2 On"

I thought it flowed quite smoothly, but I did miss "Save Room For Us" - the gem that fully converted me into a fan. It would work perfectly at a Coachella setting too. 

"Sunburn" stood out to me the most as a song, while "Nasty" had my favourite choreography from what I recall. The mashup between "Needs" and "All Hands On Deck" was everything:jonny5: It was such a cool surprise and they matched brilliantly together.

Edited by Moonlight Nation
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, Moonlight Nation said:

Hi everyone!

Tinashe has been on my radar for some time now, as countless fellow pop and R&B enthusiasts online frequently highlighted her as a criminally underrated artist. I started checking out a few songs here and there last year - all of which I loved. But after watching her Coachella set, I think I'm ready for a proper discography deep dive. :heart2:

Reading over her career trajectory, it was so disappointing to learn how her frustrating time at RCA hindered the momentum she had with "2 On" and prevented her from reaching the mainstream heights she truly deserved. This woman has the complete package as an artist and performer. It's also insane this was her first time performing at Coachella. 

I don't know how the consensus has been like for long-time fans, and I don't have much basis to speak on the strength of the setlist, but I absolutely loved what Tinashe and her amazing dancers delivered onstage. The set-up was relatively simple, but the energy, killer choreography, and effortlessly cool vibes were enough. It's telling that despite not being familiar with most of the songs performed I was still invested from beginning to end and couldn't wait to get a playlist with the setlist to discover it all later.

So obsessed with her outfit too! 

tinashe-800x1200.jpg

:clap3: Thank you for sharing. :heart2:

This is her first full set at Coachella, for years she's been appearing as a guest on her collaborator's sets. I'm glad she gets to shine!

Edited by kishi
  • Like 1

Does anybody have her Coachella set? I missed them both :chick3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.