Taylor Swift

Achilles.

I'm so glad this is happening during a time when she's super active with tour and music. Because imagine this was happening during the lowkey months in 2022, it would be all we would hear about and we're already hearing about it quite enough :rip: 

• Replies 40.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Taylor fanboy

• Dear Reader

• Michael196

• Klein

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree Taylor deserves some pushback on this, but the way nobody is taking this to Matty himself is really questionable. And don't tell me it's because he's less influential, people will end a random YouTuber's career for less offensive stuff

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

Let’s really talk about it. What is SHE doing that is wrong? First and foremost Matty isn’t harming anyone. He’s not a killer, a rapist, an abuser, anything of the sort. She’s not enabling any sort of criminal behavior. At worst the man is guilty of offensive humor.

Secondly, we have NO IDEA if she knows about Matty’s random ass comments on a podcast. I’m sorry but we just dont. Who tf thinks she has the time to keep up with tiny ass interviews like that just because she knows who he is.

And even if she did know what he said or laughed at or whatever… her knowing who HE IS as a person trumps any sort of viewpoint we have of him as outsiders. Matty has proven, more often than not, that he is extremely socially conscious and liberal/progressive beyond that of most celebrities. He has made some really dumb statements in the past but for the most part he’s one of the more “woke” celebrities. 

In short, I don’t think what she’s “doing” (dating someone) is wrong, because I don’t think that person is a bad person, or even a bigot. I think they have made some ignorant statements or some cringe decisions/mistakes, but I don’t think Matty is a bad person. Look beyond just the sensationalized outrage and actually ask yourself who Matty Healy is outside of a few cherry picked moments and you’ll realize he’s probably not the demon these keyboard warriors would lead you to believe.

this tea :clap3:

33 minutes ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

Some of y’all are so blinded by numbers and commercial success that you legitimately don’t see anything wrong with what she’s doing :biblio: regardless of if her career takes a hit or not (it will not), what she is doing is WRONG and she should rightfully be called out for it. Either dump his ass and refute the things he’s associated with, or ignore the criticism and stand proudly in that bigotry, get rightfully dragged for it, and stop weaponizing and commercializing progressive social movements 

tumblr_inline_ozbhn8jLd81qj2yll_500.png

Some swifties are even serving major "shes not homophobic, only her boyfriend is!" energy and defending Matty because apparently he's just an "edgelord" :toofunny3:They will jump you and tell you her streams aren't decreasing, her albums are smashing, etc, which is obviously all true because most people in REAL LIFE don't give a ****. Doesn't change the fact that SHE is still dating him and SHE is making Tree and her PR team work x100 harder to clean up his image.  

However, I really don't think it's productive to write her open letters like those fans were doing? :skull: Sure she deserves the lashings but she will keep dating Matty and the opinion of some parasocial fans online is not gonna change that. Taylor Swift is not our best friend and we have no control over her life.

I for one I'm "disappointed" in her being associated with this man (or not saying anything about the transphobic bans in Nashville, but thats another topic), but this is not even the worst thing that she's done. She willingly worked with a literal sexual abuser / pedo to get film connections last year and she's lucky it didn't even become a huge controversy. My best advice is that you try to separate between Taylor Swift: the fictional character and artist and Taylor Swift: the real person that none of us know irl because stanning her is exhausting. :toofunny3:

Edited by State of Grace.
  • Like 8

8 minutes ago, AndThenTheCocaine said:

I agree Taylor deserves some pushback on this, but the way nobody is taking this to Matty himself is really questionable. And don't tell me it's because he's less influential, people will end a random YouTuber's career for less offensive stuff

Did you see the weird lashing of Ajay II over a harmless album reaction? Like calling her anti-black for this. 

19 minutes ago, cruelcooper said:

If y’all REALLY cared you would be sending this energy to those podcast hosts that made those gross jokes. 

Where’s that energy, huh girls?

Hello? Anyone?

16 minutes ago, YellowRibbon said:

It's just performative activism, they only care about Taylor's image, not about the marginalized communities' wellbeing 

Well duh? As swifties, we only care about Taylor because that's who we stan. We don't want her associating with people like Musty Healy or the 'Amsterdam' director.

The transparency of people only caring about that man's problematic behaviour now that they can use it to justify their awaited witch hunt of Taylor :gaycat7:.

You guys really can’t be bothered by all of this. :skull: People on Twitter literally made tweets dragging her for her NYU speech just because she said she canceled one time (the fun part here is that basically they are probably the ones who were tweeting Taylorisoverparty hashtags at that time) yeah it’s pity she’s dating that man but nothing really changes here.

Edited by enchanted0

So can we now make a prayer circle for Karma MV to not be directed by Taylor?

Edited by enchanted0

Coming home from work, coming on ATRL, seeing the base has 6 news pages, thinking that something cool like a MV was announced for tomorrow, reading the pages...

And in fact it's STILL people dramaqueening about Matty ******* Healy. GOOD LORD! IMAGINE HOW TIRED WE ARE OF SJW!

If you are actually that bothered about it, just stop listening to her and stop creating engagement over her on social media cause crying about it is doing absolutely nothing. Leave this thread and stop whining and begging people to see things like you are and turn on Taylor. FFS! 

44 minutes ago, YellowRibbon said:

It's just performative activism, they only care about Taylor's image, not about the marginalized communities' wellbeing 

The way this is so true! It's even more apparent cause none of that energy is directed towards Matty, or the podcasters. Only towards Taylor. 

Sorry about this but I'm just tired of seeing the same **** every day every week in this base, and always by the 2/3 same users. We literally got music announced yesterday and it's coming tomorrow, and the SJW are just making pages after pages about Matty in the base. Like leave the **** outta here if you're just going to be annoying. There's already enough threads on ATRL if you really want to talk about that on this website.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

tumblr_inline_ozbhn8jLd81qj2yll_500.png

Some swifties are even serving major "shes not homophobic, only her boyfriend is!" energy and defending Matty because apparently he's just an "edgelord" :toofunny3:They will jump you and tell you her streams aren't decreasing, her albums are smashing, etc, which is obviously all true because most people in REAL LIFE don't give a ****. Doesn't change the fact that SHE is still dating him and SHE is making Tree and her PR team work x100 harder to clean up his image.  

However, I really don't think it's productive to write her open letters like those fans were doing? :skull: Sure she deserves the lashings but she will keep dating Matty and the opinion of some parasocial fans online is not gonna change that. Taylor Swift is not our best friend and we have no control over her life.

I for one I'm "disappointed" in her being associated with this man (or not saying anything about the transphobic bans in Nashville, but thats another topic), but this is not even the worst thing that she's done. She willingly worked with a literal sexual abuser / pedo to get film connections last year and she's lucky it didn't even become a huge controversy. My best advice is that you try to separate between Taylor Swift: the fictional character and artist and Taylor Swift: the real person that none of us know irl because stanning her is exhausting. :toofunny3:

I'm still wondering why she garners all these essays when she IS one of the least problematic pop stars out there, it's kinda bull to try to say she deserves lashings. Over what? Dating an edge lord? I'm good with getting an apology for that when we've never had to get an actual one from Morgan, Gaga, Katy, Nicki, Lana, etc etc 

Edited by Starchild

2 minutes ago, Starchild said:

I'm still wondering why she garners all these essays when she IS one of the least problematic pop stars out there, it's kinda bull to try to say she deserves lashings. Over what? Dating an edge lord? I'm good with getting an apology for that when we've never had to get an actual one from Morgan, Gaga, Katy, Nicki, etc etc 

Girrl :rip: Lets not act like Nicki doesnt get dragged 24/7 for dating that rapist husband (rightfully so because she also actively defends him) or Gaga doesnt get lashed for R. Kelly still, etc

No one is blaming her for what he said but to say she doesnt deserve any lashings is pure delusion 

Edited by State of Grace.
  • Like 1

It's fascinating how not even our own fanbase can get on the same page that this is all over Matty giggling at an insensitive joke - not saying anything despite what everyone is running with - while actively seeming uncomfortable and trying to bring up the artist in question for presumably good reasons... and because he satirized Kanye West (2009 VMAs, Snake Day, Kim's snapchats, Reputation - you know, that Kanye?) for going off the deep end into literal Nazi territory. Like we're not even all clear on what Matty has actually done or not done, or why he's done it, let alone whether that really means his future romantic partners all have severe moral failings for associating with him because of it - everyone's just immediately leapt to "should we cancel Taylor Swift for daring to breathe this foul man's air!?" discourse. :rip:

• Like 1

I mean Idk anyone irl who has ever mentioned either matty or ice

Idc about Matty, but I just wanted to say that people who thinks that she will release TS11 this year are really delusional. She always write a new album during the tour PLUS she need a lot of time to make vinyls. I can't see her releasing TS11 earlier than spring 2024 and probably It will come out in fall or summer 2024

Edited by Maroon legacy

Not the Gaga Stan thinking they have a moral high ground to stand on :gaycat7:.

The @ and quote feature exist and it's not the drag you think it is. Fad gets her fair share of lashings, as she should. I dont see the point in bringing her or anyone else in a Taylor Swift base.

This is why its hard to take any of you here seriously. Anyways, hope Tree/TN dont forget your check.

ibde2iUDKHGuRV.gif

Idk guys I'm chinese and I fail to see how entering a romantic relationship with a man who made insensitive jokes at work somehow makes Taylor deserving of the disgustingly dehumanizing comments I've been seeing made by her own fans. It feels like people are living in an entirely different reality with how thethingh that finally sets swifties off is another man. Genuinely confused here.

Edited by RebelQuad

4 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

The @ and quote feature exist and it's not the drag you think it is. Fad gets her fair share of lashings, as she should. I dont see the point in bringing her or anyone else in a Taylor Swift base.

This is why its hard to take any of you here seriously. Anyways, hope Tree/TN dont forget your check.

ibde2iUDKHGuRV.gif

You also like to co-sign a member who repeatedly denigrates and disparages ex-muslims, an actually marginalized, disenfranchised group, just because they don't fit their privileged, first world version of Eutopia... So YOU don't have any moral high ground to stand on either :ihype:.

Edited by Cleanromantic

Taylor is somewhere cackling at the mess and chaos she has created within her fandom :swan: blondie has been BORED for 6 years

26 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

It's fascinating how not even our own fanbase can get on the same page that this is all over Matty giggling at an insensitive joke - not saying anything despite what everyone is running with - while actively seeming uncomfortable and trying to bring up the artist in question for presumably good reasons... and because he satirized Kanye West (2009 VMAs, Snake Day, Kim's snapchats, Reputation - you know, that Kanye?) for going off the deep end into literal Nazi territory. Like we're not even all clear on what Matty has actually done or not done, or why he's done it, let alone whether that really means his future romantic partners all have severe moral failings for associating with him because of it - everyone's just immediately leapt to "should we cancel Taylor Swift for daring to breathe this foul man's air!?" discourse. :rip:

You're always the voice of rationality. The most substantive "charge" people can level at Matty is that he chuckled at a joke that he shouldn't have. The joke was in poor taste, but that doesn't mean that the man is actively going out on the street and committing hate crimes :deadbanana4:

Taylor isn't "cosigning" his "problematic" behaviour when his "problematic" behaviour is LITERALLY just an awkward giggle. We have no idea if he thought it was funny or if he was just laughing because he was on a podcast and an audible reaction to the joke is expected, but certain users here have lit their torches and are sharpening their pitchforks, and not even to go after him :deadbanana4:

Taylor is literally just here for the dick and to make Joe mad... nothing more, nothing less. How many of you are screening the past behaviour of every one of your hookups to make sure they didn't once laugh at an insensitive joke? BFFR right now :deadbanana4:

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Maroon legacy said:

Idc about Matty, but I just wanted to say that people who thinks that she will release TS11 this year are really delusional. She always write a new album during the tour PLUS she need a lot of time to make vinyls. I can't see her releasing TS11 earlier than spring 2024 and probably It will come out in fall or summer 2024

It might even be overkill, it's better to wait imo. Once she put out the new songs tomorrow + Speak Now, it would be healthy to wait a year before releasing new stuff. She is doing a lot.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.