• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Taylor fanboy

• Dear Reader

• Michael196

• Klein

Top Posters In This Topic

Feels like she will pull a vault track for 1989 TV imo

She can easily get a #1 hit with a properly picked, genuinely good OG 1989-esque vault track. Might even become a legit hit overall. Radio would eat it up.

2 hours ago, Isaiah said:

imo, out of all the TV's, 1989 is arguably the one with most un-clear choice as to what single she should push upon release.

Fearless (TV) was a test run, and nobody really knew how the public/fans would receive or consume it, so dropping Love Story (TV) just made the most sense since it was a safe and bankable choice.

However, Red proved that there is serious potential for each of them to be packaged alongside a fresh #1 single, and so now she has to choose wisely. Red, Speak Now, and reputation all have glaringly-obvious choices in ATW, Enchanted, and Don't Blame Me, since they're fan favorite cuts that have also made waves amongst the general public by going viral etc, plus all 3 of them would be "new" #1s to add to her list.

However, for 1989, what she should push isn't quite as clear since it doesn't really have that big fan-favorite cut that will/can also go viral-ish... SIO/BS/BB all already went #1 so pushing them is futile, and the fan favorite is Style but Style is already a well-established song amongst the gp so i struggle to imagine that really taking off either. Plus, I can't really imagine them pushing Style/OOTW/NR seeing as they already had single-runs on their own. That basically just leaves Clean as the last fan-fav, but I just don't know if i can see clean connecting with the GP outside of her core base :swan: (And even though NR never got a proper video, I still think a vault track getting pushed seems more likely than a bonus track that isn't even on the standard edition).

I truly don't know what she's gonna do and I'd hate to be on her shoes because you know 1989 TV will be massive and it would be a shame if she somehow messed up the single choice when it could be another big hit lol. She probably knows Clean is not single material, but I can see her filming a MV for it cuz she knows the stans will eat that up, and the 1/2 vault tracks will get the push to be the hits of the era.

I wouldn't write NR off tho, it feels like the only reason she didn't push it hard back then was because she knew she was overexposed at that point, but now she has the chance to do whatever she wants with it. It has that celebratory feel that is perfect for the kind of era 1989 was, it's SIO with better lyrics and a more mature sound but still really fun.

We need to gather a prayer circle for Enchanted to go #1. If the charts stay similar to how it is now (~300 points for #1), I think it should do it. ATW had like 550 points, so 300-350 for Enchanted sounds possible. 

Her best song becoming her 10th #1 would be TOO poetic :jonny: 

Also one more comment re: 1989 TV, I think Style TV will be the best performing song outside of whatever (I assume) vault track is pushed. Probably an easy top 10. Would be hilarious if it debuted top 5 and outpeaked the OG.

2 minutes ago, hindsight said:

I truly don't know what she's gonna do and I'd hate to be on her shoes because you know 1989 TV will be massive and it would be a shame if she somehow messed up the single choice when it could be another big hit lol. She probably knows Clean is not single material, but I can see her filming a MV for it cuz she knows the stans will eat that up, and the 1/2 vault tracks will get the push to be the hits of the era.

I wouldn't write NR off tho, it feels like the only reason she didn't push it hard back then was because she knew she was overexposed at that point, but now she has the chance to do whatever she wants with it. It has that celebratory feel that is perfect for the kind of era 1989 was, it's SIO with better lyrics and a more mature sound but still really fun.

Does anyone else remember those rumors from early 2016 about her filming NR video in some giant European castle? Or did I dream that up

I’d prefer NR to get the 2nd MV over Clean tbh. More potential there. Or Wonderland because I think she could do a lot with an Alice concept.

I love AYHTDWS but it wouldn't work as a single

Even back then it didn't feel like single material, it's a damn good pop song but works better as an album track imo. Unless they remix it or something to make it sound more single like but I don't see her doing that.

ibde2iUDKHGuRV.gif

1 minute ago, Holiest Dreams said:

Does anyone else remember those rumors from early 2016 about her filming NR video in some giant European castle? Or did I dream that up

I’d prefer NR to get the 2nd MV over Clean tbh. More potential there. Or Wonderland because I think she could do a lot with an Alice concept.

wasn't it on the streets of NY or something? :deadbanana: cuz I remember some rumors like that and then... nothing. 

ATW only worked because it was a completely new and extended version that fans have been waiting for 

I'd rather vault tracks getting the huge pushes for the rest of the TVs (as long as they're good)

Exact replica album tracks just aren't going to have longevity even if they debut at #1 

1 minute ago, hindsight said:

wasn't it on the streets of NY or something? :deadbanana: cuz I remember some rumors like that and then... nothing. 

Actually I remember something like that too but can’t place my finger :deadbanana4:

But I remember something about a castle or maybe I really am going crazy

1 minute ago, Holiest Dreams said:

Actually I remember something like that too but can’t place my finger :deadbanana4:

now that I'm thinking about it I think I remember something about a castle too lmao 

2016 was a crazy year to be a swiftie so it's only natural that we can't remember things that well

ibde2iUDKHGuRV.gif

crazier is trending on tiktok

if it goes viral just in time for SNTV :dies:

20 minutes ago, hindsight said:

I love AYHTDWS but it wouldn't work as a single

Even back then it didn't feel like single material, it's a damn good pop song but works better as an album track imo. Unless they remix it or something to make it sound more single like but I don't see her doing that.

ibde2iUDKHGuRV.gif

That's what they want you to think, justice for AYHTDWS, #1 for 20 weeks smash that got away

ibde2iUDKHGuRV.gif

I thought we would get a video like this for NR but more mature 

basically 22 but make it 1989'd or We Can't Stop but family friendly

2 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

That's what they want you to think, justice for AYHTDWS, #1 for 20 weeks smash that got away

ibde2iUDKHGuRV.gif

I'd love to see it, we need the tiktok girlies to make it go viral before 1989 TV is announced to force her to do something with it 

ibde2iUDKHGuRV.gif

Wonderland with a What You Waiting For'd MV could be a serve but the sing itself sounds too 2013'd with that drop

it should've replaced IKP on the tracklist tho

ibde2iUDKHGuRV.gif

9 minutes ago, hindsight said:

Wonderland with a What You Waiting For'd MV could be a serve but the sing itself sounds too 2013'd with that drop

it should've replaced IKP on the tracklist tho

ibde2iUDKHGuRV.gif

Wonderland is such a good song melodically and lyrically and I like the verses/bridge production but the chorus is almost unlistenable ngl 

ibde2iUDKHGuRV.gif

The Taylor Lautner quote is just too funny. No way it's true :ahh:

3 hours ago, Bonicap said:

At least 3 f***ing new entries every damn week. Imagine how tired we are.

3 debuts will always be the average pretty much.

That Grammy stealer at #10 is also a new release basically. 10 year edition

Lover coming for SOS though :redface:

Those pure sales from Midnights, Lover and folklore are absolutely absurd

NR should be the lead, with a PROPER music video, but i don't trust any 1989 song not reproduced by Max 

ibde2iUDKHGuRV.gif

• Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, Holiest Dreams said:

_84833760_swift.png

I feel like 1989 TV won't be as successful as everyone's expecting it to be. I think Speak Now TV kinda proves that the general trend is that the less successful the original album is, the more successful TV will be. There are obviously other factors, too, like a song randomly going viral or a vault track smashing, but still I'd definitely lower my expectations.

Nonetheless, it'll be very interesting to see how they market it so that it appears to be as new as possible to the GP if that's even doable.

1 hour ago, Cruel Summer said:

ibde2iUDKHGuRV.gif

1 hour ago, hindsight said:

I'd love to see it, we need the tiktok girlies to make it go viral before 1989 TV is announced to force her to do something with it 

ibde2iUDKHGuRV.gif

The AYHTDWGOD stanning in here, a moment most pleasing to me in my career. The TV version WILL become a #1 single, I have planted the seed, and I will see the harvest

spacer.png

AYHTDWS has always been my favorite song off of 1989, too. It's probably my most played song ever. I really hope there's more Mattman & Robin stuff in the vault that she'll be releasing. 

0:29

0:40

This is the best recycling Max's ever done, tbh. Very obvious yet so subtle.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.