Taylor Swift

Achilles.

2 minutes ago, Bonicap said:

At least 3 f***ing new entries every damn week. Imagine how tired we are.

No way Lover doesn’t rise above that Bailey Zimmerman album :dies: 

• Replies 40.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Taylor fanboy

• Dear Reader

• Michael196

• Klein

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Aiya said:

Oh I hope she will drag him hard!

Allegedly Taylor Lautner appears in that Speak Now themed MV that was shot a few weeks ago. Maybe he knows something. :mandown:

• Like 1

Yeah, the downside to her picking the 1989 singles so well is that there's not much of a fan favorite album track. Clean is probably the closest thing to that and Taylor seems to like the song so I assume that's the one that will get the push

They should just push Style again and make it the #1 it deserves to be. :gaycat2:

4 minutes ago, Isaiah said:

I just don't see Clean getting the same traction as ATW/Enchanted/DBM. Unless she plans to pull an anti-hero and bring out all the stops (aka several web-store exclusive remixes) i just don't see Clean actually landing at #1, especially being all the way at the end of the standard tracklist (keep in mind most people who stream Taylor's projects, especially week 1, tend to just listen to the tracklist in order hence why her streams are always so concentrated at the top of the tracklist most of her release weeks).

I actually agree with you, Clean just happens to be her personal favorite, that’s why I recon she might give it a try.

she should just push vault track/ NR.

I personally want her to promote stay, it’s a bop!

3 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

The 1989 single should be All You Had To Do Was Slay :gaycat4:

YES, if only a piano version that we deserve 

4 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

I’m with you on this :gaycat4:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mael said:

She could give me the acoustic guitar version I want so badly, too - all the remixes :jonny5:

For 1989, I think they should just shoot a generic music video that would work thematically for all vault tracks, wait until the first day streaming numbers come in, and then push to radio and playlisting the song that performs the best among the bunch

5 minutes ago, mael said:

I still want to hear acoustic version, she preformed at the Grammy museum.

4 minutes ago, Aiya said:

I still want to hear acoustic version, she preformed at the Grammy museum.

If she did it with just a guitar like Blank Space, and if HQ footage of that performance were released or leaked someday, it would instantly leap into my top five Taylor tracks of all time :gaycat6:

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Isaiah said:

imo, out of all the TV's, 1989 is arguably the one with most un-clear choice as to what single she should push upon release.

Fearless (TV) was a test run, and nobody really knew how the public/fans would receive or consume it, so dropping Love Story (TV) just made the most sense since it was a safe and bankable choice.

However, Red proved that there is serious potential for each of them to be packaged alongside a fresh #1 single, and so now she has to choose wisely. Red, Speak Now, and reputation all have glaringly-obvious choices in ATW, Enchanted, and Don't Blame Me, since they're fan favorite cuts that have also made waves amongst the general public by going viral etc, plus all 3 of them would be "new" #1s to add to her list.

However, for 1989, what she should push isn't quite as clear since it doesn't really have that big fan-favorite cut that will/can also go viral-ish... SIO/BS/BB all already went #1 so pushing them is futile, and the fan favorite is Style but Style is already a well-established song amongst the gp so i struggle to imagine that really taking off either. Plus, I can't really imagine them pushing Style/OOTW/NR seeing as they already had single-runs on their own. That basically just leaves Clean as the last fan-fav, but I just don't know if i can see clean connecting with the GP outside of her core base :swan: (And even though NR never got a proper video, I still think a vault track getting pushed seems more likely than a bonus track that isn't even on the standard edition).

I don’t want any quick #1, AH has proved that Taylor can achieve new big hits with her new music so other #1 song charting for 15 songs is not something that I desire. I mean I ATW was cute because she made history with a 10 min songs and the release week was a phenomenon but her 10th #1 should be something big 

I want to go back to 2009-2012, when I didn't have access to the internet and I only religiously listened to her music and waited for her MVs to come on MTV so I could watch them :ghostface:. And I converted 50% of the girls in my highschool class to stan by forcing them to listen to Fearless and Speak Now, but Our Song was the song that they liked unanimously without me trying to brainwash them into liking it :alexz:. They all have kids now, I wish I stayed in contact with them so I could raise a new generation of swifties the right proper way.

28 minutes ago, Bonicap said:

At least 3 f***ing new entries every damn week. Imagine how tired we are.

What do you want? No debut, LMAO

25 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

Yikes. That song will flop hard in 2023. 

Style TV (feat. Harry Styles) will be the single :gaylorcat2:

3 hours ago, Lille said:

Also, speaking for myself alone as a POC "swiftie", this doesn't mean **** to me. Y'all think my enemy is some shitty edgelord that looks like a foot? This is all useless outrage at someone who has no bearing on the system that continues to hold POC down.

If white people want to be mad at her for this that's perfectly fine, but don't use POC as an excuse. Let us speak for ourselves.

this!!! I hate when white swifties think they can use us as tokens :dies:

4 minutes ago, Life Savers said:

Style TV (feat. Harry Styles) will be the single :gaylorcat2:

No No pls. We don't want Style to be ruined by a sh**ty artist. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

yes, and with an acoustic version too

Spoiler

still searching for the grammy museum performance version :dies:

Only single options for 1989 TV are Clean or New Romantics but a vault track is most likely imo.

Taylor Rerecording and Jack reproducing YAIL :toofunny3:

Edited by ahauntingnearu

35 minutes ago, ahauntingnearu said:

Taylor Rerecording and Jack reproducing YAIL :toofunny3:

DbZQlBUW4AAQtMT.jpg

Folklore dresses ranking: 

4- 

spacer.png

While it fits the ghostly seen of the MTR procession, it's a little too bland to stand out. And I don't really like the two different skirt lengths on top of each other.

3-

spacer.png

This one is more fancy and I love the lace details, but the colour is almost too romantic for the folklore act.

2- 

spacer.png

This dress is one of my favourite outfits she's ever worn on tour, but the colour is too vibrant and the exposed midriff is too ostentatious for the morose feel of the folklore act. While I understand that the whole "green means forest" deal, that shade of venomous green is not exactly the right hue. Still one of her best outfits though.

1- 

spacer.png

This bohemian, witchy, Stevie Nicks inspired lilac frock is the perfect fit for the folklore set. It's understated, sombre and conveys the rustic storytelling of the era. 

Enchanted dresses ranking: 

3- 

spacer.png

While I appreciate the playful campiness of this gown, I think it would've worked better with a full princess skirt instead of the A line shape that just makes her body look weird.

2-

spacer.png

This one is beautiful but too bridal, too prom, too engagement party. I think it looks too based in reality to truly fit the whimsical Speak Now era.

1- 

spacer.png

This romantic fairy gown is the perfect fit for the hopeless romantic sentiments Enchanted conveys. I would say though, none of these dresses screams Speak Now to me. They just lack that vintage, dramatic fantasy feel her ball gowns from that era express. 

Edited by Cleanromantic

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.