Taylor Swift

Achilles.

Just now, Cruel Summer said:

Another album I'd love to go back and hear for the first time is 1989, actually. Now that is a vivid memory - I remember everything about my life when it came out with crystal clear detail. The rerecording will be an interesting opportunity to reflect.

I have to admit, even though it's not my #1 favorite and I'm a Red/Evermore stan all, there's still something about 1989 nine years later that feels like the definitive, quintessential Taylor Swift experience. 

It leaked when I was getting ready for a Halloween party and I was so upset I couldn't listen to it, so I downloaded the leak and made the Uber driver play it on the way to the party :redface:

• Haha 1

• Replies 40.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Taylor fanboy

• Dear Reader

• Michael196

• Klein

Top Posters In This Topic

The last few pages have been a joy to read btw 

I want to go back and hear Red for the first time. State of Grace is literally what made me a stan, and that’s the first era I saw Taylor on tour for ever. Man. I was so obsessed with “I Almost Do,” also, and then I joined ATRL like 2 years later and learned people didn’t really like the song :dies: 

6 minutes ago, escopawle said:

i just KNOW she doesn't feel like touring internationally, and if she DOES decide to do a half-decent international leg in continental Europe/Asia/LatAm it'll probably be the last time lmao. She just doesnt enjoy touring in unfamiliar countries i guess?

She tried to do international festivals for Lover Fest: Denmark, Germany, Portugal, Spain, France, Brazil... And I understand that in the Reputation tour they could have some doubts about the real demand. This time there is no excuse.

Listening to Holiest Dreams leak at 5am in the morning is a memory that will be etched onto my soul forever. :WAP:

5 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

I want to go back and hear Red for the first time. State of Grace is literally what made me a stan, and that’s the first era I saw Taylor on tour for ever. Man. I was so obsessed with “I Almost Do,” also, and then I joined ATRL like 2 years later and learned people didn’t really like the song :dies: 

The first time I hit play on that State of Grace promo single was probably my first "holy ****" moment as a music fan. Literally a life changing experience.

1 minute ago, mael said:

Listening to Holiest Dreams leak at 5am in the morning is a memory that will be etched onto my soul forever. :WAP:

Those 1989 leaks were the first time I ever accessed music before it was out. I was sitting in class figuring out how to get files saved to my Dropbox on my phone :dies: 

Hearing Bad Blood and Wildest Dreams from that French leaker will forever be memorable to me 

Pre-album Speak Now was also special.

Her livestream announcement of Mine and the album.
Sparks Fly being confirmed to be on the track list.

The announced promo singles for weekly released (Back to December, Speak Now, and Mean).

The CMA(?) concert special.

The NBC outdoor concert/docu special.

No hullabaloos, just great music back to back to back.

2 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

The first time I hit play on that State of Grace promo single was probably my first "holy ****" moment as a music fan. Literally a life changing experience.

I remember the ATRL meltdowns to the SOG preview. :WAP:

Yeah, I enjoyed her well enough before hand — Our Song, Teadrops, Love Story, YBWM, ALL of Speak Now made me a fan — but when I heard State of Grace I was like damn. This is the girl to watch. Life changing, like you said. It’s when I knew she was gonna be my favorite artist for life. I ordered the “RED” bracelet from her store — my first Taylor merch ever, and I’ve never been the same. 

1 minute ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

Those 1989 leaks were the first time I ever accessed music before it was out. I was sitting in class figuring out how to get files saved to my Dropbox on my phone :dies: 

Hearing Bad Blood and Wildest Dreams from that French leaker will forever be memorable to me 

French Swiftie was actually a member of this site and we were passing the leak around in a group chat. :bibliahh:

1989 leak was an EVENT! I remember listening BS on repeat :heart:

1 minute ago, mael said:

French Swiftie was actually a member of this site and we were passing the leak around in a group chat. :bibliahh:

I think I remember that it was an ATRLer because Piste 5 was so iconic here, and Taylor got shown the tracklist leak and the iconic “no” head shake gif was born :deadbanana2:

1 minute ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

Yeah, I enjoyed her well enough before hand — Our Song, Teadrops, Love Story, YBWM, ALL of Speak Now made me a fan — but when I heard State of Grace I was like damn. This is the girl to watch. Life changing, like you said. It’s when I knew she was gonna be my favorite artist for life. I ordered the “RED” bracelet from her store — my first Taylor merch ever, and I’ve never been the same. 

I think for me it only finally hit me that it was for life when I willingly, enthusiastically, and with no gun to my head... bought tons and tons and tons of variants and copies of Me!th :skull:

19 minutes ago, hindsight said:

I wonder if NR is finally getting that video with its TV... Like there's no other song on the standard version to push and if Enchanted gets what it deserves then it would only be fair that New Romantics gets its moment as well. It still sounds good and it would fit todays landscape well. 

ibde2iUDKHGuRV.gif

imo, out of all the TV's, 1989 is arguably the one with most un-clear choice as to what single she should push upon release.

Fearless (TV) was a test run, and nobody really knew how the public/fans would receive or consume it, so dropping Love Story (TV) just made the most sense since it was a safe and bankable choice.

However, Red proved that there is serious potential for each of them to be packaged alongside a fresh #1 single, and so now she has to choose wisely. Red, Speak Now, and reputation all have glaringly-obvious choices in ATW, Enchanted, and Don't Blame Me, since they're fan favorite cuts that have also made waves amongst the general public by going viral etc, plus all 3 of them would be "new" #1s to add to her list.

However, for 1989, what she should push isn't quite as clear since it doesn't really have that big fan-favorite cut that will/can also go viral-ish... SIO/BS/BB all already went #1 so pushing them is futile, and the fan favorite is Style but Style is already a well-established song amongst the gp so i struggle to imagine that really taking off either. Plus, I can't really imagine them pushing Style/OOTW/NR seeing as they already had single-runs on their own. That basically just leaves Clean as the last fan-fav, but I just don't know if i can see clean connecting with the GP outside of her core base :swan: (And even though NR never got a proper video, I still think a vault track getting pushed seems more likely than a bonus track that isn't even on the standard edition).

Edited by Isaiah
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Taylor fanboy said:

Pre-album Speak Now was also special.

Her livestream announcement of Mine and the album.
Sparks Fly being confirmed to be on the track list.

The announced promo singles for weekly released (Back to December, Speak Now, and Mean).

The CMA(?) concert special.

The NBC outdoor concert/docu special.

No hullabaloos, just great music back to back to back.

Speak now and red had the best promo singles

I think for me it only finally hit me that it was for life when I willingly, enthusiastically, and with no gun to my head... bought tons and tons and tons of variants and copies of Me!th :skull:

Don’t remind ME! :gaycat6:

AT LEAST she had the decency to surprise us with signed Lover booklets when we thought we were just buying some sort of ME! CD singles :jonny: 

13 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

STAN for excellence, aka I Almost Do. 

1 minute ago, Isaiah said:

imo, out of all the TV's, 1989 is arguably the one with most un-clear choice as to what single she should push upon release.

Fearless (TV) was a test run, and nobody really knew how the public/fans would receive or consume it, so dropping Love Story (TV) just made the most sense since it was a safe and bankable choice.

However, Red proved that there is serious potential for each of them to be packaged alongside a fresh #1 single, and so now she has to choose wisely. Red, Speak Now, and reputation all have glaringly-obvious choices in ATW, Enchanted, and Don't Blame Me, since they're fan favorite cuts that have also made waves amongst the general public by going viral etc. However, for 1989, what she should push isn't quite as clear since it doesn't really have that big fan-favorite cut that will/can also go viral-ish. SIO/BS/BB all already went #1 so pushing them is futile, and the fan favorite is Style but Style is already a well-established song amongst the gp so i struggle to imagine that really taking off either. Plus, I struggle to imagine them pushing Style/OOTW/NR seeing as they already had single-runs on their own. That basically just leaves Clean as the last fan-fav, but I just don't know if i can see clean connecting with the GP outside of her core base :swan:

I’m pretty sure she will try to push Clean.

Just now, WeFoundTrouble said:

Don’t remind ME! :gaycat6:

AT LEAST she had the decency to surprise us with signed Lover booklets when we thought we were just buying some sort of ME! CD singles :jonny: 

My favorite Lover memory is finding and buying that signed edition seconds after it went up on her web store, before it was announced on social media or via email, totally by chance and then posting about it here before the email came out :WAP: Still have the signed Lover copy they replaced it with - apparently Lover is actually super hard to find signed!

At least 3 f***ing new entries every damn week. Imagine how tired we are.

• Like 1

1989 started going south around the Bad Blood release but at least the AOTY win was a moment regardless of everything else that happened before and after that

ibde2iUDKHGuRV.gif

1 minute ago, Aiya said:

I’m pretty sure she will try to push Clean.

I just don't see Clean getting the same traction as ATW/Enchanted/DBM. Unless she plans to pull an anti-hero and bring out all the stops (aka several web-store exclusive remixes) i just don't see Clean actually landing at #1, especially being all the way at the end of the standard tracklist (keep in mind most people who stream Taylor's projects, especially week 1, tend to just listen to the tracklist in order hence why her streams are always so concentrated at the top of the tracklist most of her release weeks).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.