Taylor Swift

Achilles.

11 minutes ago, Cloröx said:

So the MrS twitter account is the fake one right....?

Yes, he has nothing to do with the MrS here on ATRL

• Replies 40.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Taylor fanboy

• Dear Reader

• Michael196

• Klein

Top Posters In This Topic

omg while im actually posting in a base thread, i have to say: my 3rd eye opened and i realized “afterglow” is 100% gassed up too much. in the ideal version of lover with 1/3 removed, would absolutely be a chop

:fan:

She needs another pop album in her career. Lover has better recurrent streams than folkmore albums unfortunately.

Her trinity is 1989 / evermore / Speak GOD Now.

Loser is weird because there’s a cute little 10 track pop album hidden on there, but the finished product is way too overstuffed with autopilot “light after the darkness” filler, and the Joel Little singles were her worst singles to date. Then the f**king era… the war crimes of ME!th, the cheugy YNTCD video, the visuals looking like Jojo Siwa threw up on a Lisa Frank notebook, it was a mess, and even stranger that it was caught in a documentary versus other periods of her career. Some of the songs sound so “Taylor Swift lyrics generator”-esque. Like, she really thought that f**king Daylight spoken word piece was so deep, girl…The fact that just a year later she was able to conjure up 34 bulletproof lyrical gems that destroy it in every concievable way (and then fanfic some more of the best lyrics ever that were supposedly “written in 2012” for Sacred TV). One for the books, truly!

C872E7D5-6C78-46F2-A674-B52D3CEB9148.thu

Can we stop talking about Loser now?

Do y'all believe all of the Vault tracks are actually From The Vault? Some of them SCREAM folkmore era Taylor

and not just cuz of the Dessner production

Edited by favorite crime

Only Nothing New sounds folkmore-ish. And even then, her explanation for the song makes a lot of sense. Only the bridge feels a little out of place in the sense that she probably changed it

53 minutes ago, Achilles. said:

Anyways, Loser will always be Taylor’s worst album. She wrote that album on auto-pilot knowing that was all she had to do to get the positive “return to form” narrative she needed. But the tea is that if you put a writing camp in a room and told them to write a Taylor Swift album, they could’ve come up with 80% of Lover. It’s by-the-numbers Taylor Swift songwriting in the worst possible way. There’s little noteworthy growth or progression in her songwriting; she totally played it safe and wrote from a place of comfort. It’s her least ambitious, least daring album ever.

And that’s to say nothing of the fact that she chose to promote the album by releasing singles that were intended to be PR statements to improve her public image rather than to demonstrate her musical talent or score quality hits.

Thank god COVID cut the era short and led her to folkmore. I pray Pop!Taylor stays gone forevermore.

This fact should be on the OP. :clap3:

She even admitted that it was a very easy album to make. :michael:

29 minutes ago, By the Water said:

At the end of the day, Lover (song) will be a classic while regurgitation will remain forgotten by everyone but white gays :cm:

Even the white gays aren't streaming that given its abysmal numbers:cm:

Lover is literally Taylor's 'We LOV(H)ER again' moment:cm:

new announcement in 5 hours :gaycat6:

7 minutes ago, favorite crime said:

Do y'all believe all of the Vault tracks are actually From The Vault? Some of them SCREAM folkmore era Taylor

fearless vaults are definitely from that era.

red vaults also for the most part consider all of the hints we know about through the years, but i think she did work some of new magic for ATW10mins, that song is such a masterpiece and live up to the hype, i cannot even listen to the 5mins version anymore cause it felt unfinished. 

9 minutes ago, favorite crime said:

TBH some parts of ATWTMVTVFTV sound like she wrote them recently:siptea:

Afterglow is hidden gem of the album 

17 minutes ago, Beyonnaise said:

Loser is weird because there’s a cute little 10 track pop album hidden on there, but the finished product is way too overstuffed with autopilot “light after the darkness” filler, and the Joel Little singles were her worst singles to date. Then the f**king era… the war crimes of ME!th, the cheugy YNTCD video, the visuals looking like Jojo Siwa threw up on a Lisa Frank notebook, it was a mess, and even stranger that it was caught in a documentary versus other periods of her career. Some of the songs sound so “Taylor Swift lyrics generator”-esque. Like, she really thought that f**king Daylight spoken word piece was so deep, girl…The fact that just a year later she was able to conjure up 34 bulletproof lyrical gems that destroy it in every concievable way (and then fanfic some more of the best lyrics ever that were supposedly “written in 2012” for Sacred TV). One for the books, truly!

C872E7D5-6C78-46F2-A674-B52D3CEB9148.thu

Loving the fact checking today. :clap3:

L/OVER is a PR playlist. A mindless,  childish, cheap, and a major decline to her craft, and artistic growth.

Just now, Nick_317 said:

TBH some parts of ATWTMVTVFTV sound like she wrote them recently:siptea:

She really did. It’s not original lyrics.

17 minutes ago, favorite crime said:

Nothin New’s bridge and large parts of ATW10 were written in 2021, obviously. You can’t convince me she wasn’t immediately inspired to write that bridge after the rise of a certain 17 year old last year, and Jake dating younger girls wasn’t something anyone talked about until like 2019 :skull: There never even actually was a “ten minute ATW” until last year. She said in an interview the original rambly draft of verses amounted to “like ten minutes”, which Swifties mythologized. The scrapped lyrics from her diary entry (“There we are again when you blew the candle out. Took this blazing love, steered it right into the ground”) wasn’t even used. Liz Rose said she helped whittle her draft down to what was most usable. Would be a kii she spills the tea about ATW10 at some point :celestial5:

Also Bye Bye Baby has some tweaked lyrics from the version that leaked years ago, so it’s #confirmed that the Vaults aren’t direct replicas.

Edited by Beyonnaise

6 minutes ago, PopA911 said:

new announcement in 5 hours :gaycat6:

:clownny:

2 minutes ago, hungrymuffin said:

lover will always be her worst album gp truly doesnt have taste:gaycat6:

She just didn’t put much effort making this album.

Is she even aware that she has important announcement to do tomorrow? :rip:

Manifesting the third indie boy duet on TS10 to be Ezra Koenig. @Beyonnaise

Can they top her best duet since I Don’t Wanna Live Forever, which is Coney Island on everlord?! :jonny3:

Her best album reputation is about to become the real better record with reputation (Taylor’s Version) :jonny4:.

4 minutes ago, Taylor fanboy said:

Manifesting the third indie boy duet on TS10 to be Ezra Koenig. @Beyonnaise

Can they top her best duet since I Don’t Wanna Live Forever, which is Coney Island on everlord?! :jonny3:

I think she hates him, supposedly the “indie record that’s much cooler than mine” was the iconic Contra by Vampire Weekend because Jake was friends with them :dancehall3: But would always be here for it obv, or a cute Rostam production

Edited by Beyonnaise

Can we tag all the insiders? Surely one of them must know SOMETHING

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.