Taylor Swift

Achilles.

Something Taylor’s really been smart at is slowing down her musical evolution on purpose imo. Many artists play all their cards with their first few albums, leaving little room for growth. Taylor knew that by not using up all her tricks quickly, she could prolong her career. Could she have written folklore at the age of 20? She probably could, but the point is - she didn’t try to. Could she have gone for more “mature” pop with rep and Lover? Absolutely. Folklore was arguably the first time she didn’t intentionally dumb down her music. I hope we’ve seen the end of Taylor simplifying her music and hopefully will aim for something even greater in the future.

• Replies 40.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Taylor fanboy

• Dear Reader

• Michael196

• Klein

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Arrows said:

If Taylor does in fact have TS10 planned for this fall, it might just become her biggest era post-1989:jonny2: Hype is insane right now for her. I pray to God she chooses the right damn singles.

I'm convinced :jonny5:

Taylor hasn't sent anything to pop radio that they've wanted to play since Delicate, but I have a really good feeling that she's gonna pick right this time. Hopefully the ME! catastrophe was the reckoning we think it was for her. 

If Taylor reads this tweet it means Taylor will move away from the Folklore sound / Woman of The Woods vibez. She's going to go back to ultra concrete city sleek sounds for TS10 I guess :giraffe: I wouldnt mind more Folklore but I think a new sound would be beneficial. Something like alternative pop & rock. Like Kate Bush. :giraffe:

The OP of the Taylor Swift Receipts Thread is officially relinquishing the rights to the thread because he can no longer maintain it and provide updates on a regular basis. Please signal interest to taking over the thread to him and then to a mod. BUT PLZ only take over the thread if you are willing to update the OP on a REGULAR basis. Like once every month or two months AT THE LATEST. We want regular updates and an OP where once you open the thread...you find ALL the info you need updated and as accurate as possible. 

Thank you girls :-* 

If the TS10 lead is coming, it'll have to be a ME! type song selection or anything by Aaron for her to flop with how easily she gets streams these days.

4M streams for folklore on a Sunday :wanda:

Folklore will be her true musical classic decades from now when all is said and done. Red laid the groundwork, but the true flex of her artistry came after she had moved past pop and was left under isolation. There's a reason it got her a third AOTY.

17 minutes ago, Beyonnaise said:

Folklore will be her true musical classic decades from now when all is said and done. Red laid the groundwork, but the true flex of her artistry came after she had moved past pop and was left under isolation. There's a reason it got her a third AOTY.

Honestly, I think there will be a sort of Folklore phase where it’s elevated to be toe-to-toe with Red in the eyes of critics and cultural commentators, but I foresee a brighter future further down the line where Evermore is considered to be her best album and her most underrated (given that it lives in Folklore’s shadow and will obviously never catch up commercially).

Taylor Rae XCX Carey snapped on Gorgeous.

Skin care experts say hating this bop causes wrinkles.

I love that every time someone says well today's streams show 'insert album' is her best another takes over the next week :coffee:

Edited by AM98GJ

11 hours ago, simmnfierzig said:

:cm:

Welp, never doubt The Lord :ahh:

This ***** went from going viral for the private jet memes to going viral for disgust in the span of 24 hours... currently trending with 250k tweets :gaycat6:

what the actual??? :dies:

14 minutes ago, Michael196 said:

This ***** went from going viral for the private jet memes to going viral for disgust in the span of 24 hours... currently trending with 250k tweets :gaycat6:

what the actual??? :dies:

? What disgust? 

20 minutes ago, Steve Johnson said:

? What disgust? 

That’s what some people call august lol, usually to drag it if they don’t like the song but sometimes just for fun 

16 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

That’s what some people call august lol, usually to drag it if they don’t like the song but sometimes just for fun 

Oops. How can someone not like August. It's a perfect pop song. 

she deff did not need to do the whole umbrella thing :rip: it makes it look like she is affected by the comments :toofunny3: Now I worry that if she is at an award show and the host makes a joke about this that she'll have a visible angry or sad face when the camera pans over to her for her reaction :rip: 

It would have been a SERVE if she just walked in and gave the camera a grin or something :-* 

I had a dream about Taylor's release strategy. :rip:

Speak Now TV

1989 TV

TS10 + Debut TV

TS10 and Debut TV were released in July next year, on the same day – 7th. It was like a bundle and she was like, "That's my gift to everyone who's supported me since the beginning of my career."

Edited by Jaspurr

august is a perfect pop song but gold rush is the peak of the Taylor & Hack collabs. I guess she can save a sweet spot for him again on TS10 since it encourages him to do his best.

1 minute ago, By the Water said:

The umbrella thing isn't new :rip:

I wanted to correct that, too, in the other thread but I rather enjoy her being dragged for this ngl. 

This "controversy" is gonna be gone by next month because the discourse is not about climate change :redface:. People are just using it as fuel for their "OMG I knew she's evil" narrative and they've been waiting with baited breath for something to stick for a while now. Just like they were trying to get her dragged for writing Carolina because the author is "problametic". There isn't a low they wouldn't stoop to :juanny:. It was obvious this was coming after her new career peak for the last 3 years tbh.

And then the Amsterdam controversy takes over and we'll see how she handles that. I still think if she showed some remorse and took responsibility and vowed to do better it would of gone over so much better.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.