• Taylor fanboy

• Dear Reader

• Michael196

• Klein

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Arrows said:

Apparantly she’s good in Canterbury Glass:michael:

Someone who saw an early screening on Letterboxd:

“Without giving anything away, Taylor was easily one of the best parts of the movie. And she’s in it for a pretty good amount of time (she’s not a throw away character by any means)”

And then:

Hey! I saw the screening too. It felt like most of Russell’s effort was built into legitimatizing Taylor Swift’s acting abilities than the film surrounding her. She’s in the hunt for an Oscar nomination or even a win because, without spoiling, what she accomplished was remarkable (think Eddie Redmayne in The Theory of Everything meets Hathaway in Les Miserables). But I do fear she could end up like Hong Chau in Downsizing if the film isn’t fixed editing wise in post

“Lyrics that could cut glass” teas :rip:

Edited by Headlock

18 minutes ago, Headlock said:

“Lyrics that could cut glass” teas :rip:

Those listening sessions were the worst thing to happen to this fandom, especially the puta sessions :rip:

31 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

Sure the Twitter crowd will change their opinion again but I don't think any member of the general public will care that much

Reveal hidden contents

at least that's what I'm telling myself :intoit2:

The gp will definitely care too. The media led backlash will keep them informed. I remember when those music reaction channels were first gaining traction and each and every one of them had to literally start their reactions to taylor with a disclaimer apologizing for their subscribers that they're reacting to her :bird:and they were all members of the gp :bunny:

Is it really worth it miss swift :bunny2:

1 minute ago, Cleanromantic said:

The gp will definitely care too. The media led backlash will keep them informed. I remember when those music reaction channels were first gaining traction and each and every one of them had to literally start their reactions to taylor with a disclaimer apologizing for their subscribers that they're reacting to her :bird:and they were all members of the gp :bunny:

She probably saw Margot and the other A- Listers attached to this film and just agreed to take part in it. :rip: 

11 minutes ago, Cleanromantic said:

Well if Taylor gets an Oscar out of it then yes :gaycat6:

Also I think the going theory is that Taylor can't get a hit on pop radio unless a certain amount of Americans hate her, so maybe this means good things for TS10 :jonny5:

1 hour ago, Shoful said:

THE TRUE TAYLOR DISCOGRAPHY RANKING:

1. reputation 

At least try to show some credibility sis :lakitu:

4 hours ago, Arrows said:

what she accomplished was remarkable (think Eddie Redmayne in The Theory of Everything meets Hathaway in Les Miserables)

Pls they are clearly trolling. 

4 hours ago, alltooswift said:

Well considering that happened and is public since 2011 and people has forgotten during Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper movies I guess they can keep forgotten during this one 

reputation TV could be a moment. Fir most critics, the issue was that Taylor’s voice and lyrics were drowned out by the production of the tracks. I think she should release reputation as a double album with side A being the copycat version of the originals, and side B being along these lines

As much as I adore the original songs in rep, there are some that I just know would absolutely soar with a vastly different, less overproduced, synthy, robotic accompaniment. Don’t Blame Me is a ready made bluesy indie rock ballad if they gave it a production along the lines of Hozier’s TMTC. 

I think it would be so interesting to hear a different take on the album with a stripped back sound. It would be very interesting to hear how she could chop and change and flip some songs that are more obviously “pop” in terms of lyrics to fit a different.

I genuinely think critics would love it and it would be reputation’s redemption story.

37 minutes ago, Folklore89sm said:

reputation TV could be a moment. Fir most critics, the issue was that Taylor’s voice and lyrics were drowned out by the production of the tracks. I think she should release reputation as a double album with side A being the copycat version of the originals, and side B being along these lines

I absolutely agree with your post. Side note, I wish people would acknowledge how ******* amazing this is more often (and maybe actually stream it from time to time) :gaycat6:

This song is such a ******* masterpiece :gaycat6:

4 hours ago, Cleanromantic said:

Not only that but Chris Rock is in this movie, the entire gp took Will Smith side, it’s gonna be brought up again how white people are still working in Hollywood despite being actual predators while black people are punished for just a slap. It’s gonna be a mess. 

Edited by ashleyjr943

To this day, I still don't understand why Taylor chose to put Stay Stay Stay and Girl At Home on Red OG instead of I Bet You Think About Me and The Very First Night. Thank god she rereleased her old albums because those two songs are absolute perfection (and would have been MUCH BETTER 3rd and 4th singles than 22 and Everything Has Changed).

1 hour ago, ashleyjr943 said:

Not only that but Chris Rock is in this movie, the entire gp took Will Smith side, it’s gonna be brought up again how white people are still working in Hollywood despite being actual predators while black people are punished for just a slap. It’s gonna be a mess. 

Teens that spend too much time on Twitter are not the gp… The gp was definitely not on will smiths side. Taylor sells out the stadiums all over the US  and she wouldn’t be able to do that if she wasn’t popular among everyone 

58 minutes ago, slowkills said:

Teens that spend too much time on Twitter are not the gp… The gp was definitely not on will smiths side. Taylor sells out the stadiums all over the US  and she wouldn’t be able to do that if she wasn’t popular among everyone 

When something gets picked up on twitter it adds fuel to the fire, how do you think 2014 happened? people were already talking about how ridiculous the punishment for Will was, so I don’t doubt that’s a conversation that will come out when the film gets released. Also the thing isn’t if she’s popular or not? That was never in question and has nothing to do with the conversation, absolutely no one is saying it’s gonna ruin her career and she’s never gonna be able to sell out stadiums anymore lmao but it has the potential of causing a PR nightmare for the cast. 

4 hours ago, Klein said:

To this day, I still don't understand why Taylor chose to put Stay Stay Stay and Girl At Home on Red OG instead of I Bet You Think About Me and The Very First Night. Thank god she rereleased her old albums because those two songs are absolute perfection (and would have been MUCH BETTER 3rd and 4th singles than 22 and Everything Has Changed).

Too many pop songs for TVFN and too many scathing songs like IBYTAM wouldn't be a good look at the time too I guess.

11 hours ago, GiftFromGod said:

Why do we think Taylor's chart performance in mainland Europe is lagging behind her success in North America, Asia, and Australia?

If you look at Spotify charts, she's the leading female artists sans 2 countries or so. She's so far ahead of Adele. May we need to dig a little deeper before we say things like this

On 4/14/2022 at 10:31 PM, Beyonnaise said:

Me and @Taylor fanboy when we get the "It's good to remember where it all started. My debut album, Taylor Swift (Taylor's Version) is out May 13th." tweet notification

f94e7ad5e4237bb8e80626bbb97c87067f55aaf4.jpg

@ahauntingnearu @Buffy @Countrytaylorstan

We’re exercising our 2nd Amendment, cowboys and cowgirls.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbvGFgKg8SkTqdDfq6xw1

Imagine the Taylor’s Versions of:

I’d Lie

Closest To a Cowboy

Better Off

This Is Really Happening

Being With My Baby

Your Face

Need You Now

Permanent Marker

Songs About You

Sweet Tea & God’s Graces

:jonny6:

4 hours ago, Klein said:

Because she wants hits? She made it clear that Red was made for the GP, just like its twin sister, Lover.

2 minutes ago, theREALslimSHADY said:

Too many pop songs for TVFN and too many scathing songs like IBYTAM wouldn't be a good look at the time too I guess.

A lot of the vault tracks are like this - Nothing New and Forever Winter come to mind specifically as songs where I would bet the subject matter either was too raw for her to feel comfortable or was touching on subjects the label didn’t think would market well.

The one that will always confuse me is Better Man - I have straight up no clue how that didn’t make the standard edition of Red over Stay Stay Stay, Sad Beautiful Tragic, Starlight, EHC, and the pop singles :rip: One of the best songs of her career left on the cutting room floor and thrown to another act like scraps. And even in their hands it still became an award winning song and a smash hit on country charts!

8 minutes ago, Taylor fanboy said:

@ahauntingnearu @Buffy @Countrytaylorstan

We’re exercising our 2nd Amendment, cowboys and cowgirls.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbvGFgKg8SkTqdDfq6xw1

Imagine the Taylor’s Versions of:

I’d Lie

Closest To a Cowboy

Better Off

This Is Really Happening

Being With My Baby

Your Face

Need You Now

Permanent Marker

Songs About You

Sweet Tea & God’s Graces

:jonny6:

Help nnnnn

Some of those for sure will make the album. Also it's over for her if she doesn't release Nashville. 

MUFLL has a good shot too

14 minutes ago, theREALslimSHADY said:

TVFN - Superman 2.0, too many co-writers

FW - Boring, plus she released Ronan anyway, the better tribute song.

IBYTAM - Reductive on her catalogue, plus another co-write to share royalties with.

NN - TLO made it already. Too much Joni songs, but Joni hated her lol

Better Man - Too good for Red

Babe - Too meh for Red

1 minute ago, ahauntingnearu said:

Help nnnnn

Some of those for sure will make the album. Also it's over for her if she doesn't release Nashville. 

MUFLL has a good shot too

Remind me pls what MUFLL is?

I forgot Crazier (Taylor’s Version)!!!

I’m still in disbelief that The Diary of Me wasn’t written by her. Such a perfect Taylor Swift song!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.