Taylor Swift

Achilles.

There are a lot of ways to approach this mess. If I were her, I'd quietly buy a big patch of land and plant a **** ton of trees on it. To cancel her CO2 emissions this year so far alone, she'd need to plant over 394931 trees (each tree absorbing roughly 21kg of CO2 a year). It would cost her a couple of million to but a couple thousand acres of cheap rural land somewhere but it would allow her to continue using her jet (hopefully a bit less) and not contribute to global CO2 levels as net emissions would cancel out. Extra points if she plants more. 

Edited by Folklore89sm

• Replies 40.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Taylor fanboy

• Dear Reader

• Michael196

• Klein

Top Posters In This Topic

If she doesn't want to give us a new music, people will find other things to talk about, it's her own fault :michael:

Planting trees over this would be the worst PR move of all time :rip:

The most she'll do is stop renting her jet, which will make no difference in practice since the millionaires that rent jets in the first place will just rent them somewhere else. I guess it'll help some the conscience of some very concerned fans that just want to hold her accountable :cm:

Not sure why some are trying to defend & justify, she's an eco terrorist just like the rest of them. Let it be and just enjoy the music( or lack thereof lol).

ezgif-6-5ed2a6b2c1.png

Edited by mael

1 hour ago, timothymincer said:

The subreddit has definitely become more toxic over the last year or two when her fan base experienced growth with folklore/evermore and the re-recordings. I used to enjoy it, and I’m good with keeping her accountable, but a lot of them just seem to want to cancel her.

Yeah most of them aren't fans, that website is full of compulsive liars trying to act smart :clown:

7 minutes ago, kyoshi said:

Yeah most of them aren't fans, that website is full of compulsive liars trying to act smart :clown:

Between them and the Gaylors, it feels like the fandom has been invaded (stumbled into their subreddit on accident once and omg) They had the audacity to call this homo (me) a homophobe for calling them out for the outlandish conspiracy theories.

1 minute ago, Paranoid Android said:

Not these conspiracies about the Reddit Swifties for calling her out on bac stuff. Taylor could run over someone and some of you will still find a way to defend it. "Well it is the pedestrian's fault for walking. "But at the end of the day it's henry ford who made the car" "they should be thankful for being run over by Taylor" "why is it bad to run over someone, we should address it" 

lol quite the stretch when the article in question over jet-gate has already been debunked as terrible journalism. Everyone getting mad about Taylor and Kylie while corporations like Amazon have a carbon footprint that blows all of this out of the water.

2 hours ago, Cleanromantic said:

The online narrative doesn't care about logic. They can hide behind the paper thin argument of "holding her accountable" (as if she owns them anything :rip:) but we all know what they really want is to nock her down a few pegs, as if it worked the last 13467 times they tried it :juanny:. It's all very transparent and pathetic.

And as if annoying tweets and hypercritical Reddit comments are actually even accomplishing holding someone accountable :toofunny3:

Taylor having a private jet has never been a secret. She won't stop using it and neither will all the other celebrities

How often she or someone else uses it shouldn't be an issue as much as simply owning one in the first place but no one seemed to care a few days ago

• ATRL Moderator

I don’t know what’s funnier, miss thing’s exposé as a climate terrorist profiting off global destruction to fly her celebrity friends to the grocery store (which will be forgotten about in a week btw) or ATRL of all places being full of environmentalists all of a sudden

ezgif-6-5ed2a6b2c1.png

1 hour ago, timothymincer said:

Between them and the Gaylors, it feels like the fandom has been invaded (stumbled into their subreddit on accident once and omg) They had the audacity to call this homo (me) a homophobe for calling them out for the outlandish conspiracy theories.

Lmao it's full of the most insanely entitled people you can find. I got downvoted to oblivion when I said john mayer was a creep for dating her when she was just 19 years old

Planting trees or donating to environmental organizations would be so hilarious and tacky. As if she would stop using it. Her jet literally took off earlier today after that article again. :dies: 

The funniest thing about this to me has been swifties who are acting shocked? by all of this lmao... Like we literally stan Taylor-capitalist-Swift and we've known about and tracked her jets for ages. Stop this delusion.

And the ones actively defending her and her behavior are next level unhinged. I hope TaylorNation is paying yall cause...

ezgif-6-5ed2a6b2c1.png

Anyways, hope TS10 lead or Enchanted TV are close.

Edited by State of Grace.

We're here for a good time, not a long time. Just give me the damn TVs and I'll shut up.

ezgif-6-5ed2a6b2c1.png

3 hours ago, Fama said:

Taylor was on 170 flights in 210 days. If you like to believe that, go ahead. :gaycat:

They're too dense to truly comprehend this.

Her private jet isn't used exclusively by her, so I don't know why they're attributing all the 170 flights to her. 

When is Speak Now coming?

Also how are fans defending her CO2 usage? Like do you have no morals. Learn to separate the art from the artists cause most artists are hypocrites and messed up people 

1 hour ago, Paranoid Android said:

Reads like "Well Jeff bezos runs over people all the time, why can't Taylor do it. Girl Power" and "Fake News. She was trying to solve the population problem". 

Hope you don’t eat meat boo, certainly wouldn’t to contribute and prop up all that factory farming emissions :zzz:

This is legit the worst backlash she’s had since pre-Lover. What’s her next move? Lay low and wait for it to blow over? Make some kind of statement? Deny? Donate? 

she needs to think fast especially if there’s new music coming soon. She was doing so good this year.

2 minutes ago, Folklore89sm said:

This is legit the worst backlash she’s had since pre-Lover. What’s her next move? Lay low and wait for it to blow over? Make some kind of statement? Deny? Donate? 

she needs to think fast especially if there’s new music coming soon. She was doing so good this year.

Don't worry! It will be forgotten in about a day or two. The only ones making an issue about it are the ones that want to hate on her.  There are 45,000 commercial flights in the USA every day and they want to focus on Taylor's private Jet? Give me a break!

18 minutes ago, Folklore89sm said:

She should shut up and ride Joe's dick. This is nothing comparable to 2016, we were in the trenches.

TheArgonaut

Jetlor proving she's a capitalist pig once more. A terrorist!

TheArgonaut

20 minutes ago, Folklore89sm said:

Girl, this is nothing, calm down :rip:

2 minutes ago, TheArgonaut said:

She should shut up and ride Joe's dick. This is nothing comparable to 2016, we were in the trenches.

TheArgonaut

Seriously, this is barely a blip compared to the hellfire of 2016

504zfn.thumb.gif.a43ee4ce14e420f8b9c1ff5

11 minutes ago, Headlock said:

Seriously, this is barely a blip compared to the hellfire of 2016

The flooding viral hate tweets, the pics, the memes, the mural, the headlines, the meltdowns...

I am still traumatized.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.