Taylor Swift

Achilles.

1 minute ago, Gork said:

which songs do y'all think could get single treatment with the rerecordings (like ATW with Red TV)?? Speak Now TV will get Enchanted for sure and reputation TV Getaway Car, but what about 1989 TV and Debut?? :huh:

Wonderland and idk about debut i'm gonna wait to hear the project via TV

• Replies 41.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Taylor fanboy

• Dear Reader

• Michael196

• Klein

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Gork said:

which songs do y'all think could get single treatment with the rerecordings (like ATW with Red TV)?? Speak Now TV will get Enchanted for sure and reputation TV Getaway Car, but what about 1989 TV and Debut?? :huh:

Pls Clean :jonny4:

2 hours ago, Klein said:

If you are going through a Taylor Swift drought, and are missing heartfelt songs with amazing melodies and lyrics, I suggest you dive into Alec Benjamin's discography. I had never heard of him before today, and I'm actually blown away by his 3 albums. 

This song especially is something else :jonny5:

I kinda hope she would explore that type of sound, allowing her to display amazing songwriting abilities just like folklore/evermore, while being a bit more upbeat than than these two. I think it would be a perfect fit for her, and would actually unite her folk/country stans and her pop stans. 

He's so cute :heart:

A Perfectly Good Heart is obviously her worst song on a studio album. :cm: 

Classic!

And no Superman is a cute bop:giraffe:

10 minutes ago, Gork said:

All You Had To Do Was Stay or How You Get The Girl. both the most accessible and commercial songs after the official singles.

16 minutes ago, Gork said:

vault tracks

1 hour ago, JosephT said:

Yes, finally a Alec listener !  I like hmm-hmm part through out many songs of his discography, especially The Way You Felt in (Un)Commentary album.

If they collab, I'd die 

I literally discovered him today when scrolling through albums that were released this Friday. I listened to (Un)Commentary, then the rest of his discography, then immediately bought tickets to see him in concert in Paris this summer. :jonny5:

I agree that it would be a perfect collab and such a flawless evolution from her folklore/evermore sound. 

28 minutes ago, Gork said:

I think all the singles for the TV should be (have been/will be) Vault Tracks. 

For Fearless I get why they would release Love Story as the lead. They needed to clarify what to expect from these re-recordings. They did well after that with the You All Over Me/Mr Perfectly Fine releases. 

For Red, they released ATW10 which is a Vault Track, even though that's a longer version of an already known song (but the case of ATW is so special and can not be replicated with anything else in her discography). Additionally, they promoted Run on TTH, Message In A Bottle on pop radio, and I Bet You Think About Me on country radio on top of having a video. All Vault Tracks. Even during the interview, she only mentioned Vault Tracks if I'm not mistaken.

I expect that this will be the case for all the other re-recordings. Especially for 1989 which was SO successful and with so much singles (SIO/BS/Style/BB/WD/OOTW/NR as official singles + WTNY as promo single), that the OG album pretty much have nothing else to offer. It needs something new to shine again.

And I also hope they'll go for Vault Tracks for all the future singles. 

Glad we’re all in agreement that right where you left me is the best song on evermore and her best bonus track ever :coffee:

Without giving anything away, Taylor [Swift] was easily one of the best parts of the movie. And she’s in it for a pretty good amount of time (she’s not a throwaway character by any means).

Regarding Canterbury Glass

OMG did our girl take some acting lessons ??? :jonny5:

Just now, Hunter_13 said:

OMG did our girl take some acting lessons ??? :jonny5:

William Bowery is running lines with her as they are tangled up in bed together.

I wonder if she will do music for Canterbury as well. Would she want two songs out at the same time? 

When they don't wanna award her acting so they vote for Carolina so she wins something:gaycat3:

Edited by Hunter_13

If Canterbury Glass smashes, I hope it sets up reputation (Taylor’s Version). :jonny4:

And even if it doesn’t, she’s gonna get an underdog persona, and sets up reputation (Taylor’s Version) still. 

A win! That’s what happens when you make a meta-universal masterpiece. :jonny5:

On 4/14/2022 at 5:26 PM, postsus said:

ATRL might be asking why Taylor Swift’s Lover album is the best album of her career, best 2019 album and best album of the eon. We are pleased to state the reasons of such artistry in a moment.

Lover is the ”comeback” Taylor Swift album after the backlash her ”reputation” album received for its dark imagery and aggressive lyrics. Despite its huge success, the public’s good perception of Taylor Swift was fading and something needed to be done to fix things up after her ”revenge” album. That’s how Lover came to be. Heavily inspired of her romance with her current lover, a guy that finally seemed to check all of her boxes, Taylor released the ”Lover” album in 2019.

The album is a complete opposite of her ”reputation” album, with a bubblegum pop imagery, an evolution of her ”1989” sound and deeper lyrics than the ”Red” album. ATRL might be thinking, ”yeah you just listed us all of the reasons ’Lover’ isn’t a good album!!” but here’s the thing ATRL, ”Lover” is stronger because of these unusual qualities.

It was the first album she owned the masters first of all, she was highly inspired of the current events in her life and in the world. ”Lover” might be your cute pop album with pink imagery and butterflies but it goes way deeper than this. For the first time in her career Taylor decided to take a stand in political views (”The Man”, ”Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince”, ”You Need To Calm Down”), tasteful sexual lyrics (”False God”), etc.

The album is a complete body of artistry, it’s finished. Yes, we can argue that it has some bad apples such as ”ME!” but it does not ruin the vibe of the album. For the first time ever Taylor set the record straight with this album about who she is, her relationships and her unapologetic nature.

The album’s sound is pretty diverse (combining dream pop, synth-pop, electropop, and pop rock genres with country, punk, funk, and folk elements) maintaining a dream pop, bassy, atmospheric sound throughout the album.

The album was highly commercial topping Billboard 200 and having three top 10 singles in the Billboard 100.

Editor’s notes:

”Lover” is my favorite Taylor Swift album as well, I feel like it was everything her first full pop should have been, but I don’t mind, because of ”1989” and ”reputation” we achieved (well, it’s) ”Lover”. Not to mention she is so in love in this album that truly warms my heart and this album reminds me of my own lover as well. We truly needed this kind of pop album in the late 2010s, true pop albums are so rare nowadays we only get edgy trap beats that I’m tired of. It reminds me of the ”Teenage Dream” era. Such a wonderful album, I can’t get tired of talking about it. I enjoy more than whatever else she pulled out later. ”Teenage Dream” opened the decade, ”Lover” closed it. These two albums truly saved the 2010s pop.

My favorite songs are: ”Cruel Summer”, ”Lover”, ”The Archer”, ”Paper Rings”, ”Cornelia Street”, ”Death By A Thousand Cuts”, ”False God”, ”Afterglow”, ”It’s Nice To Have A Friend” and ”Daylight”.

Narrowing down artistry even more: ”Lover”, ”Paper Rings”, ”Cornelia Street”, ”It’s Nice To Have A Friend” and ”Daylight”.

The Holy Trinity: ”Lover”, ”Cornelia Street” and ”Daylight”.

ResetedATRL needed this raw artistry of a thread to survive.

On 4/14/2022 at 6:11 PM, GiftFromGod said:

Absolutely. :clap3:

Its longevity is testament to that. :clap3:

On 4/14/2022 at 9:29 PM, OnlyManInTheWorld said:

We love facts :clap3: 

But ATRL cupcake edgelord swifties told us again and again that no one claims Lover as Taylor’s Best Album? :cm:

The LIES they tell themselves are becoming too real for real in their imaginations. :sistrens:

1 minute ago, Taylor fanboy said:

But ATRL cupcake edgelord swifties told us again and again that no one claims Lover as Taylor’s Best Album? :cm:

The LIES they tell themselves are becoming too real for real in their imaginations. :sistrens:

They live in delusion :clap3:

Just now, OnlyManInTheWorld said:

They live in delusion :clap3:

Agree! They tried though! Time for a new narrative!

:sistrens:

What if she bought back her masters and that’s why we’re not hearing anything nnn. I would be so confused if the next TV isn’t very soon, unless she wants to drag this out till 2024.

49 minutes ago, Taylor fanboy said:

OnlyManInTheWorld

How to put members on an ignore list? I swear it used to be a thing on here a while back.

Op: Blank space is her best bop

Edited by Cleanromantic

Canterbury Draggings is such a bad PR move for her... That director literally admitted that he assaulted his trans niece some years ago:psyduck:...

I need 13 Retirement to be FIRED if this starts another hate train (that'd be justified this time around tbh)...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.