Top Posters In This Topic

• Taylor fanboy

• Dear Reader

• Michael196

• Klein

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, PopA911 said:

At what time did she announce Red TV?

Are we ready for another day of clowning?

Based on Twitter,

It was announced at 1:52 AM 6/19/2021 (Saturday) my local time.

So for US I think probably around 1:52 PM 6/18/2021 (Friday).

So yeah, we got another day to clown :clown: But I'm still don't expect anything happens before the Carolina song release.

Edited by JosephT

Hi swifties

The way her discog was already iconic and full of masterpieces and then she somehow outdid herself with Folklore/Evermore

The Willow music video is one of her best I fear 

Nicole Kidman Movie GIF

Lyrically, I need her to continue with the folklore/evermore route. Both albums expanded her songwriting outside of the same old themes/clichés. I need her to write more about fictional characters/stories.

"The lines between fantasy and reality blur and the boundaries between truth and fiction become almost indiscernible. Speculation, over time, becomes fact. Myths, ghost stories, and fables.

Fairytales and parables. Gossip and legend. Someone’s secrets written in the sky for all to behold.

In isolation my imagination has run wild and this album is the result, a collection of songs and stories that flowed like a stream of consciousness. Picking up a pen was my way of escaping into fantasy, history, and memory. I’ve told these stories to the best of my ability with all the love, wonder, and whimsy they deserve."

more of this PLEASE :allears:

Sonically, I would love if TS10 is her long awaited "rock album". The evolution from folkmore would feel very smooth and seamless. But I wouldnt mind a woodvale/seashore either. :fan: Anything but a "pop" album. I truly believe that she peaked there and I'm not here for another middle-of-the-road album like Lover.

Edited by State of Grace.

Anyway:

folklore

evermore

Speak Now 

Lover

Red

Fearless

Debut 

The correct and only official ranking. I will not be taking questions at this time, thank you. :gaylorcat2:

28 minutes ago, Achilles. said:

But now I’m thinking, what is TS10 even going to be?

In the past her eras have always been formulated at least in part as a response to how the public percieved Taylor at the time she was making them, but she’s aware of that and says she doesn’t want to work that way anymore. (Personally, I think having the self-awareness to know how people see you and feel about you is a gift not to be cast aside, but I get that she doesn’t want to be chasing people’s validation for the rest of her life).

But then… she is more beloved than ever before, her career has arguably never been better… so what is there to light that fire under her feet, anyways? A desire to prove that she can still score proper hits and compete with the next generation of stars? We kinda saw shades of that with the Lover singles, but her streaming dominance is such that she doesn’t even need hits in order to be the top female artist in the world. We’re lucky that she was able to course-correct so swiftly after ME! instead of dragging us down a painful road of increasingly embarrassing attempts to stay relevant (see: M). But I do think that defying ageism is something that would appeal to her, so perhaps we’ll see her focus more on the AC format in the future? IDK.

And where will she go lyrically? She’s still with Joe, and things are presumably going very well on that front. But she can’t spend the rest of her career churning out Lover reduxes about him. So I expect we’ll be getting a lot more storytelling songs from her in the future. There’s also always the option of writing songs that aren’t about romantic relationships but her milage varies quite a bit on that front. 

So maybe TS10 will marry the lyricism of folklore with poppier sensibilities? IDK.

This is all actually why I’m really pulling for a rock-leaning album next. I believe that kind of sound gives her the flexibility that she needs to cover all her bases and add to her legacy. It allows her to continue to develop the lyrical talent that she revealed with Folklore and Evermore without compromise; it allows her to try a new sound that is approachable and ready for various radio formats, but that isn’t dated and disposable; and it allows her to start exploring sounds that already come naturally to her, as heard on a select few excellent tracks like State of Grace. In my opinion, it’s an evolution on what I feel to be the most true version of herself, the dynamic and multifaceted but self-consistent version of her that we saw with Red.

1 hour ago, ☆lex said:

Hi swifties

The way her discog was already iconic and full of masterpieces and then she somehow outdid herself with Folklore/Evermore

The Willow music video is one of her best I fear 

Nicole Kidman Movie GIF

Exactly. Apart some bad songs here and there her discography is immaculate.

1 hour ago, Cruel Summer said:

This is all actually why I’m really pulling for a rock-leaning album next. I believe that kind of sound gives her the flexibility that she needs to cover all her bases and add to her legacy. It allows her to continue to develop the lyrical talent that she revealed with Folklore and Evermore without compromise; it allows her to try a new sound that is approachable and ready for various radio formats, but that isn’t dated and disposable; and it allows her to start exploring sounds that already come naturally to her, as heard on a select few excellent tracks like State of Grace. In my opinion, it’s an evolution on what I feel to be the most true version of herself, the dynamic and multifaceted but self-consistent version of her that we saw with Red.

We need songs like august / the 1 which have both great lyrics and can work on radio for TS10. Lover era singles were kinds forced and BACKFIRED on her.

Especially when London Boy / Afterglow / Paper Rings were right there.

And yes London Boy is an amazing song no matter what ATRL says. It has amazing recurrent streams on Spotify despite being low in the album tracklist.

200.gif

I don't care anymore :bunny:

Just now, idkwiam said:

We need songs like august / the 1 which have both great lyrics and can work on radio for TS10. Lover era singles were kinds forced and BACKFIRED on her.

And yes London Boy is an amazing song no matter what ATRL says. It has amazing recurrent streams on Spotify despite being low in the album tracklist.

200.gif

I feel like the best opportunities in her last few albums for radio singles were actually Ivy, Mirrorball, and Death By a Thousand Cuts, personally, and I love the lyrics for all of them. I also could have seen Soon You’ll Get Better starting to heal her relationship with country radio earlier, then being followed up on that format by Cowboy Like Me, but I get why that song might have been too hard to send to radio and try to make into a marketable moment.

The true ranking of Taylor's albums

1. evermore (I mean ivy alone warrants the best Taylor album title)

2. Red TV 

3. Speak Now (and the doubters will have to wait for the TV)

4. folklore

5. 1989

6. Fearless TV

7. Lover

8. Reputation

9. Debut (which will likely go up with the TV)

And her biggest classics in the end will be All Too Well and Wildest Dreams. Her other hits (BS, SIO, IKYWT, YBWM, WANEGBT) will be cute songs that people remember fondly, but ATW and WD will be on a whole other level. 

Instead of bullying lord to release new music we should bully her into updating all of her certifications. :grump:

RED (tv) / evermore / folklore // Fearless (tv) // 1989 / Speak Now // Lover / Reputation // debut

current ranking mood, I never can be sure between SN and 1989 or between Lover and Reputation on any given day tbh

Do you think Taylor knows how deep Orville Peck’s voice is? He should be her next collab. :nicole2:

She can bring him on tour, too. It’s long past time for her to book lbgt openers. 

Spoiler

He could sing Exile with her too. :eli: 

People really want TS10 now? Personally I just want to get all the TVs out of the way first.

6 minutes ago, Prison said:

People really want TS10 now? Personally I just want to get all the TVs out of the way first.

I'm here for anything she sh*ts out at this point. But I really was hyped for Speak Now (TV). I hope she does something about it soon

10 minutes ago, Prison said:

agreed i want all the tvs before ts10

8 minutes ago, Prison said:

I do, at this point. I respect how important it is for her to own all her work - and I respect how significant the TVs will be and have already been for her legacy - but it feels like it's time. It's nearly been a couple years since folklore, and as much as I hate to admit it, evermore was treated like it was a folklore B-sides collection. With almost half a year since Red TV's unexpectedly huge debut and all the public goodwill surrounding her, it feels like a good time to drop a full project, milk it as much as she did folklore (maybe a little more with a longer-lasting single), and then let things simmer for a while with some more TVs.

I just don't know if I can fully deal with waiting for all the TVs to be done since we're a year and a half into the recording process and only have two of them - I wouldn't expect them all to be done and out until the end of next year at this rate.

I don’t expect TS10 before Q4 at the earliest, and it’s way too soon to announce anything being released that late in the year. :cm: 

The launch of TS10 will almost certainly coincide with next summer’s tour, which could be announced any time after like… October. The only way we get TS10 before then is if there is, in fact, a third chapter to folkmore, I guess. 

1 hour ago, idkwiam said:

200.gif

Imagine if we got full budget storyline MVs for August or any of the better Lover album cuts... the slayage 

Nicole Kidman Movie GIF

2 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

I do, at this point. I respect how important it is for her to own all her work - and I respect how significant the TVs will be and have already been for her legacy - but it feels like it's time. It's nearly been a couple years since folklore, and as much as I hate to admit it, evermore was treated like it was a folklore B-sides collection. With almost half a year since Red TV's unexpectedly huge debut and all the public goodwill surrounding her, it feels like a good time to drop a full project, milk it as much as she did folklore (maybe a little more with a longer-lasting single), and then let things simmer for a while with some more TVs.

I just don't know if I can fully deal with waiting for all the TVs to be done since we're a year and a half into the recording process and only have two of them - I wouldn't expect them all to be done and out until the end of next year at this rate.

I hope TS10's rollout is not as minimal as folklore and evermore. Even reputation which was her "no promo era" at that time still got far more promo than folkmore, and we've seen how hard she was pushing Lover in 2019. I hope folkmore's lack of promotion was because of the pandemic, rather than because it's how she's approaching her eras now. 

She still has 4 TVs yet to be released. Of course everyone will eat up a new Taylor album, but the hype now is on Speak Now and 1989 TV. I just think it'll make more sense to release those two this year, release rep and debut next year, and close the TV chapter of her carer for good, then let the hype build for TS10 and drop it late 2023.

She can do a more extensive rollout for TS10 this way and the hype will all be centered on new Taylor music, as opposed to right now.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.