Taylor Swift

Achilles.

The Fortnight single thread is not safe sistrens. Only a few more hours! 

• Like 1

• Replies 40.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Taylor fanboy

• Dear Reader

• Michael196

• Klein

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Taylor fanboy said:

The Fortnight single thread is not safe sistrens. Only a few more hours! 

May your departments be less tortured, thank you :weeps:

• Haha 1

So.. I want to write the last words before listening to TTPD in the morning, 7 hours later!

I've been waiting for this moment for a very long time, but in fact I'm absolutely not ready for the release, it scares me. However I know how awesome and deep this album will be.

Let's go through my expectations:

1) Genre. I expected it to be either (more likely) Red+folklore in sound, or dark synthpop (less likely). But I got into spoilers more than once today and now I expect

Spoiler

more typical synthpop for Taylor with some pushes towards alt and a gradual change of genre towards a more alt side. Something like 3am tracks.

2) Lyrics. It's hard for me to say exactly what I expected before today, but after a couple of minor spoilers, I'm expecting

Spoiler

fairly straightforward, sometimes cold and angry lyrics. Something like Evermore, who no longer tries to hide behind fairytales and now tells it with incredible wit, but sometimes, poor choice of words. I definitely remember that I expected 70-80% of the album to be about Joe. But I saw that there were songs about Matty (more than one) and apparently about someone else, and now I don't know what to expect from the album... I'm scared

3) Answers. I expect that this album will give answers to all the questions that the fandom has been forming since the release of such songs as Afterglow, hoax, tolerate it, Maroon, etc. SPILL THE TEA, BLONDIE.

4) Place in the discography. Based on my initial expectations, this would be a new category/mix, along the lines of Red (country/pop crossover). Based on what I spoiled for myself, this may be

Spoiler

among her pop albums. But I honestly think that it will still be a crossover (alt/pop).

5) Place in my top. My top now is:

1.reputation

2.evermore

3. Midnights

4.folklore

I think the Poets will easily displace folklore, perhaps the Midnights, then will fight with Evermore, but reputation will not be touched. But I would be happy about this turn of events too.

The song that I claim is WAOLOM.

That's all:chick3:

• Like 1

After doing the albums countdown for the past ten days I have come to the conclusion:

1. evermore = folklore

3. Speak Now (+1)

4. Red (-1)

5. Fearless

6. 1989

7. Midnights (+1)

8. reputation (-1)

9. Taylor Swift

10. Loser

I think it's very interesting how the albums all sort of pair together. Obviously folklore and evermore go together, but Speak Now and Red are her genre-blending songwriting eras; Fearless and 1989 are her sonically and thematically cohesive peaks in two different genres; and Midnights and reputation are her "dark" "moody" "night time" pop albums. 

I hate having debut that low. It's so good. Maybe she'll botch rep tv and smash debut tv and I'll end up changing their rankings in time. :coffee2: 

And before the clock struck twelve on the final day of the Midnights era, the album passed reputation to become my tenth most-played album of all time. 

dua-lipa-beyonc%C3%A9.gif

The Torture Poets Department: Post Mortem edition is coming at 2am EDT.

yhegLx4.jpg

We're almost there, girlies

mael

4 more hours

200w.gif?cid=6c09b9524miymea1337xe3tehpq

That QUICK teaser she just posted got me ALL the way hype omg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Taylor fanboy said:

I don't know if I should say this about the trailer but I think it would help manage expectations.

Open at your own risk.

Reveal hidden contents

The music you're hearing on the "trailer"

Reveal hidden contents

Is not "Fortnight"

Girl we don't need you to warn us. Stick to the TTPD thread for another 3 hours. You have already planted a seed of doubt with this post...

E3ehchm.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5eb69124f546290d632b852c452030d564279a81

I wouldn't have been able to make it to the 75K mark without the album countdown this past 10 days, so lucky for me that that happened. :laugh:

I ended up making a playlist of my top 25 Taylor songs to count down to the 75K mark, which was a really beautiful fun nostalgic two hour expedition. But instead of listening to them by my ranking, I tried to put them into a cohesive tracklist. It… mostly worked. I'll have to do a bit of touching up I think. 

Spoiler

State of Grace

'tis the damn season

Love Story

New Romantics

Would've Could've Should've

Dear John

Fearless

Delicate

cowboy like me
Safe & Sound

the 1

Out of the Woods

happiness

Getaway Car

Last Kiss

cardigan

Our Song

Enchanted

Timeless

peace

Begin Again

Long Live

Dear Reader

All Too Well (10 Minute Version)

Tim McGraw

Normally Mary's Song is in my top 25, but I subbed in Tim McGraw instead because I wanted my 75,000th play to go to the first Taylor Swift song that I ever heard. Can't believe how long it's been and how much has happened since I was 13 years old with an iTunes download code off the back of a cereal box. 

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952rais91nwssraochix7b

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Achilles. said:

5eb69124f546290d632b852c452030d564279a81

I wouldn't have been able to make it to the 75K mark without the album countdown this past 10 days, so lucky for me that that happened. :laugh:

I ended up making a playlist of my top 25 Taylor songs to count down to the 75K mark, which was a really beautiful fun nostalgic two hour expedition. But instead of listening to them by my ranking, I tried to put them into a cohesive tracklist. It… mostly worked. I'll have to do a bit of touching up I think. 

Reveal hidden contents

State of Grace

'tis the damn season

Love Story

New Romantics

Would've Could've Should've

Dear John

Fearless

Delicate

cowboy like me
Safe & Sound

the 1

Out of the Woods

happiness

Getaway Car

Last Kiss

cardigan

Our Song

Enchanted

Timeless

peace

Begin Again

Long Live

Dear Reader

All Too Well (10 Minute Version)

Tim McGraw

Normally Mary's Song is in my top 25, but I subbed in Tim McGraw instead because I wanted my 75,000th play to go to the first Taylor Swift song that I ever heard. Can't believe how long it's been and how much has happened since I was 13 years old with an iTunes download code off the back of a cereal box. 

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952rais91nwssraochix7b

Oh sis that's beautiful, I'm so happy for you :heart2:

• Like 1

15 minutes :wanda:

2 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

FOTS OH IT'S MIRRORBALL INSTRUMENTALS WITH GETAWAY CAR LYRICS

SHIMMERING BEATLES GUITARS

@Cruel Summer YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN I KNOW YOU DO

h37LT9F.gif

How did you time this so that I read it literally exactly when the song started 

This album being actual witchcraft omg???

h37LT9F.gif

overall dessner outsold antonoff.

again.

though to be fair, I preferred antonoff on Speak Now TV.

Timeless, I Can See You, Castles Crumbling still on rotation.

electric touch, Emma, foolish one, not so much.

i miss when she put melody first :chick3: ttpd is too wordy for my taste :gaycat7:

i'm still dreaming about the day when she releases a self produced album tho

LMAO I just realized that Aaron did not get an AOTY for Midnights because blondie did not submit the (3 am Edition) so he didn't meet the eligibility requirement. Despite making nearly all of the best songs on the album. 

Hopefully she'll submit The Anthology this time around, but I think Aaron has enough credits on the standard edition anyways. 

8 hours ago, Achilles. said:

LMAO I just realized that Aaron did not get an AOTY for Midnights because blondie did not submit the (3 am Edition) so he didn't meet the eligibility requirement. Despite making nearly all of the best songs on the album. 

Hopefully she'll submit The Anthology this time around, but I think Aaron has enough credits on the standard edition anyways. 

Oh poor babygirl :khalyan:

At least he has the folklore AOTY trophy

Hi all,

Does anyone have THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT booklet scans in HQ? I have a printer that scans but it's kinda **** quality and I want to make a digital version of the booklet so any help is appreciated.

Any edition is fine but I would prefer The Manuscript vinyl and/or The Black Dog CD one. Thank you! :heart:

The TTPD MC thread.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b9520q00j8pwb091nlz1n8z

27 minutes ago, Chris said:

The TTPD MC thread.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b9520q00j8pwb091nlz1n8z

It's the way I made the conscious choice to never go in there :ryan3:

It's not worth it :ryan3:

I'm kind of concerned about the direction of Taylor's new music is heading. Not really feeling this shoegaze/bedroom pop thing. Maybe I'm a basic *****, but I really miss her catchy hooks and emotional vocal deliveries on bridges. Oh well, at least we're getting self-titled TV soon. Looking forward to songs like Our Song and Cold As You. 

I like part 2 a lot. Part 1 has a few great songs, but most of it is like a washed out mishmash of Midnights and evermore, with a dash of Mazzy Star from Shein.

I love Taylor's music so much but I'm already waiting for her next sonic shift. 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.