Selena Gomez

Royal Culture

2 hours ago, hardbrit said:

She is a pop star, a Disney kid who got a record deal because of her Disney show. WHAT interviewer is going to ask her about government policies? or "interesting" questions? She isn't confident about performing? She should practice until it's perfect, but she doesn't because she has a "YES" team and stans (me included as of yesterday) that eat up the bare minimun she has been doing since 2016. The documentary was her opportunity to show she "could" "sing" and what we got was a terrible clip of her "singing" Lose You To Love Me.

She doesn't do performances so she can't talk about performances. She doesn't do movies so she can't talk about movies. Her MV are basic as ****, so she can't talk about MV. If she wants interesting questions, she needs to stop acting like a pop star/musician and stop the Mother Theresa act of "OMG PITY ME!!" SIS grow a pair of balls :deadbanana2:

This documentary tainted her perfectly PR image more than any scandal could've possibly done. It showed her as a spoiled, arrogant, and unchecked girl.

The documentary tainted nothing and its clear that you are using this to hate on her openly because honestly, all this time you were just being annoying on the base. It should have been a clear hint that no one ever interacted with you. She will do what she wants, that's for starters. If you think she wants interviewers to ask her about "policies" then you just simply lack common sense. She wanted actual questions not what is her favorite ******* color, especially when she's been doing this for years. That is something that gets asked in your first interview as a celebrity, if anything. 

But since apparently you were a fan until the documentary, you would know that she is nothing of those things. In 15 years of career there's NEVER been a bad word spoken about her; neither from a fan nor from people she's worked with so that image is just reality. Spoiled if anything are her fans, since she managed to deliver 4 songs in 2017 even while she was almost about to die or when in 2018 when she was going through psychosis managed to release two songs and film a movie. Arrogant is all the people that think they know who she REALLY is, when in fact they are just plain wrong. And unchecked? Girl, she's been thrown under the bus publicly by even her mother so let's not. 

Maybe now that your true colors are showing maybe you can waste your time stanning for someone who performs, sings and answers questions like what is their favorite number. 

Edited by MALAMENTE

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MALAMENTE

• La Luna

• Selegend

• jxbuggie

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, AbeHicks said:

oh right. I need to watch OMITB already. I heard such good things

It’s a solid 4/5 from me 

Not the esmg stans trying to go viral on tiktok :juanny: some weirdo pretending she has tea talking about how Selena & Taylor “bullied” Demi over the phone and that they were never friends but instead Mandy forced her to hang out with her when they were kids like.... mad weird.

15 minutes ago, StarsAllAligned said:

Not the esmg stans trying to go viral on tiktok :juanny: some weirdo pretending she has tea talking about how Selena & Taylor “bullied” Demi over the phone and that they were never friends but instead Mandy forced her to hang out with her when they were kids like.... mad weird.

Esmg is a deranged person and most of her followers know she is a pathological liar but they want clout and Selena to get dragged 

It's disgusting how Selena gets treated. When it's all said and done she will go down as a Lady Diana kind of figure that was horribly mistreated by everyone. All her life, people look for a reason to hate her and not be understanding of her situation. She kills herself doing something her heart is obviously not in anymore, just to make other people feel good, she preaches nothing but compassion when the world turns against her. 

This woman truly deserves to just **** everybody and do nothing. She's a very very strong woman and that's still an understatement. Any other person would have become really cold, and turned their back against the world. 

i hope she will re-record the songs that she recorded for SG3 in 2021 because her voice sounds so monotone :skull: (Let Somebody Go, My Mind & Me, 999)

I don't think she recorded anything for the album in 2021 or 2022 tbh. And as she said she will start recording the songs she has written towards the end of the year, I think she mainly just wrote them when she was in the studio

Selena should release her unreleased songs as a side project call it a mixtape or an EP 

11 hours ago, Selenasworld said:

Selena should release her unreleased songs as a side project call it a mixtape or an EP 

this is literally my dream, i'm not even joking. 

i just saw the comments on her last post on insta gosh :skull: idk how to we recover from this. This might be worse than 2018

3 hours ago, Souvenir said:

i just saw the comments on her last post on insta gosh :skull: idk how to we recover from this. This might be worse than 2018

this is messy in so many levels i'm actually starting to laugh right now :laugh::laugh::laugh:

anyway, this will be smaller each day cuz a lot of people will understand with time that it was just a family/close friends fight 

it may look like it is cuz yep a lot of people are calling her bad names, but this is not a "cancel" kind of thing. she's hurted her perfect image, that's for sure, but she's not cancelled. and no, i'm not being biased, if u search "selena gomez" on twitter a lot of people are talking about the song, the doc... just a % of the tweets are about the kidney/francia right now. 

so i don't see it getting bigger, just smaller by the day... but don't know if it'll 100% pass tho, maybe just if they rebond and fracia made it clear that they rebonded, not selena. 

she sure did hurt her perfect image, but she's not cancelled. 

let's see her next chapters, OMITB coming again already helps her a lot, and that's something we have guaranteed! everything will works out. 

Edited by Selegend

Yeah, like I said this is not like 2018. She has more support than before and it is not something that affects the people at large, it is a personal matter. People will “forget” about it in like a month and only bring it up from time to time but it won’t reach the same heights. Hope they address it or do something about it tho

1 hour ago, kzm said:

What happened in 2018? I was following closely at the time and don’t remember anything specific? 

The mess started here: https://www.instagram.com/p/BguMLpNg6kJ/
Selena went to a march and posted #notjustahashtag 
What she meant: that she participated by being physically present too and not just posted a hashtag and that's what everyone should do
What people understood: that she was shadding the #BlackLivesMatter saying that one was just a hashtag and the #marchforourlives was better

Since neither her nor her team bothered to clear it up (or maybe they didn't bother to investigate what the fuss was about) things just went down hill from there

Back on my magazine bullshit! 

- The one left that are sort of relevant are Vanity Fair. Then I’m still hurt that she didn’t cover GQ back in 2015 and it was just a spread. So I hope she covers that one too. British Vogue is a matter of time. L’Officiel is one I like and is quite big, their Katy Perry shoot was super beautiful. Entertainment Weekly could be a thing for S3 promo.   

And that is pretty much it, I think lol

I was hoping OMITB/Hulu would some screenings and Q&As to campaign for the winter awards. S2 came out rather early so the hype and recency is not the same as S1 (and even then they still campaigned). That’s the flip side of releasing the second season to help the first at the Emmys (a move that kinda flopped). Now, I’m sure it will do just fine at the winter awards but unless they campaign like crazy for the 2023 Emmys, I don’t see many mominations for S2 next year. 

base is so dead :skull: anyways she got a grammy nom! im so happy.. we were thinking that she will never get a nom and now we re celebrating her second grammy nom :'( 

Just now, Souvenir said:

base is so dead :skull: anyways she got a grammy nom! im so happy.. we were thinking that she will never get a nom and now we re celebrating her second grammy nom :'( 

Chris Martin, Rema, DJ Snake, Marshmello and Kygo are the GOATS, the other ones didn't gave Selena a proper super star treatment 

57 minutes ago, Souvenir said:

Honestly wild, I had ZERO expectations she would be nominated this year, I hope it keeps encouraging her!

Nothing changed about how much i stan selena im just tired of the negativity, i think almost every stan here is like this rn and thats why selenas base is dead. Twitter selenators are pretty active tho

I dont take seriously those kind of noms like the one she got today but yeah when they talk about her on TV shows and stuff she can be called a Multiple Grammy nominee artist for ex hahaha thats nice and she deserves it. 

18 hours ago, Selegend said:

Nothing changed about how much i stan selena im just tired of the negativity, i think almost every stan here is like this rn and thats why selenas base is dead. Twitter selenators are pretty active tho

I dont take seriously those kind of noms like the one she got today but yeah when they talk about her on TV shows and stuff she can be called a Multiple Grammy nominee artist for ex hahaha thats nice and she deserves it. 

We should take the nom as seriously as any other one because those are the rules and she got it fair and square. She did her part (and honestly her song is like one of the best on their album so even more justified). It is not the same as getting a Grammy/AOTY for your album but it is still a respectable nom for her. Also nobody can drag her for it because she proved she can get nominated on her own (literally last year). Head held high! 

Now onto the acting nominations. Let’s hope the Golden Globes nominate her this time and the CC again. I feel like S2 will underperform compared to last year (although I’m sure it will get the same nominations: the Martins and the series itself at least)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.