Selena Gomez

Royal Culture

The doc was interesting but the jump was so upsetting because she had some of her most interesting years during that time.

Anyways one thing that surprised me was how disney and her disney past was a trigger for her, her wanting to completely kill that girl... when ever since I can remember she has always talked lovingly of wowp, way more than any disney act about their series. She always seemed the most proud of her own show.

Obviously I don't care and it wasn't something I was holding her to but in the doc she really came across very distressed about having been that girl. It's weird because alex russo was kind of a very nuanced and almost transgressive childrens character, a girl who was pretty mischevious, dry and even cynical. It was like a disneyfied version of an edgy and dark teen. She actually was very relatable in her messiness. So to be trying to escape that feels interesting because I find that selena is kind of like alex very naturally herself.

Edited by godmess

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MALAMENTE

• La Luna

• Selegend

• jxbuggie

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait @ Raquelle hanging with Hailey and being in the background of that pic Sel and Hailey took together :rip: 

Maybe she did set it up after all :rip:

Francia needs to chill :biblio:

2 hours ago, StarsAllAligned said:

Francia needs to chill :biblio:

Selena says dumb stuff and that quote was one of them, I'd feel the same way 

She says stuff based on how she feels in the moment not really what she knows. She did that in the doc twice. I was annoyed at that fight with Raquelle cause Selena was playing her right in her face. She knew what Raquelle meant. But TikTok is dragging Raquelle and they'll probably end up dragging Francia the same way 

I can't stop playing My Mind and Me! Love her vocals on it :jonny5:

does anyone know the tea on this video? Is it legit? Was kind of disappointed her drug use wasn’t addressed at all in the documentary. Do we know what she was into? 

i thought that sentence would hurt some people, like cara, but not francia, because she always acted above the drama, so I'm guessing she really got hurt on not being on the documentary and also she didn't went to the premiere, so something went down after their birthdays (remember selena attended hers too, the next day)

this drama with francia always was an elephant in the room. their friendship has not been the same for years. mandy doesn't even follow her anymore and she was her manager and seemed to like her a lot. maybe that's true that selena got mad that francia tried to control her, since she has before fired her own mother for that, but that doesn't explain why mandy has cut francia totally so who knows...

1 hour ago, family.guy123 said:

does anyone know the tea on this video? Is it legit? Was kind of disappointed her drug use wasn’t addressed at all in the documentary. Do we know what she was into? 

What drug use? You can't see anything, speaking on for now Selena can't do alcohol imagine using drugs, reported your malicious comment 

57 minutes ago, Selenasworld said:

What drug use? You can't see anything, speaking on for now Selena can't do alcohol imagine using drugs, reported your malicious comment 

Relax. I didn’t even “comment” anything. I was asking a question. I was under the impression her drug use was common knowledge. Guess I was misinformed. Alcohol is a drug btw.

In 2023 she’ll be filming OMITB for at least the first half of the year and then the movie for like at least a month/month and a half during the summer so the album probably isn’t coming out till like Q4 2023 

But I think if they had showed what truly happened during 2017-2018 we would get a bigger meaning on how "money cant cure happiness" kind of sense. 

I do think that doco is touching and it is sad, but nonetheless I think Selena lost her spirit over the years, I actually think that the fact she was crying about not being perfect on stage also shows the amount of care and effort she was willing to give to promote her music - coming with a heavy toll but still. 

And then jumping to 2020, putting out music and not caring at all (and yes I do agree that the interviewers were being shitty but Selena could stand on her feet and demand their attention.... like for real she acted so pity sometimes).

the doco really bold the fact that Selena lost her confident over the years, not allowing herself to be truly her, being so scared of being vulnerable, and cant accept backlash (which every person and celebrity in particular receives...) surrounding herself with fake friends creating false tranquility thinking only her life are messy. 

I might sound a bit harsh on our Sel, really don't get me wrong -  I think the doco showed another side of the story, but it also showed how entitled celebrities are , thinking "its fate" deciding their future, and not them realizing their the people of their own life's.  

I liked the RS interview, but also noticed Selena needs to police her holier than thou attitude that she has shown a lot of times thru her life. I don't think it's intentional but she needs to realize that her words can hurt people who just want to live life on their own terms, and also that puts a lot of unecessary pressure on herself

About the Francia subject, Selena is bad at communication but I hope they can sit face to face and solve whatever problem they have. If there's a person for whom she should make an effort this is the one who saved her life. If it doesn't work, that's ok, but she should to try

8 hours ago, lauren198 said:

i thought that sentence would hurt some people, like cara, but not francia, because she always acted above the drama, so I'm guessing she really got hurt on not being on the documentary and also she didn't went to the premiere, so something went down after their birthdays (remember selena attended hers too, the next day)

this drama with francia always was an elephant in the room. their friendship has not been the same for years. mandy doesn't even follow her anymore and she was her manager and seemed to like her a lot. maybe that's true that selena got mad that francia tried to control her, since she has before fired her own mother for that, but that doesn't explain why mandy has cut francia totally so who knows...

Selena mentioned that for her birthday she wanted to have a wedding and she invited people she’s close to and people she’s not close to anymore but that have made her who she is. I really don’t think they’ve been close since 2018 or that they rekindle a friendship on her birthday. 

I can understand Selena not wanting to be controlled, but I can also fully understand Francia… She gave her her kidney to save her life, AND she felt pressured by Selena to do so since she was the one that told Francia she was a match. 

4 minutes ago, ohjulia said:

she was the one that told Francia she was a match. 

Well, about that I understand that Francia felt pressured but I don't think it passed by Selena's mind that Francia had doubts, she probably thought if she got tested it was because she wanted to do that and also while the doctors were very wrong on telling Selena before Francia agreed to donate, I never understood how people expected rational thinking from Selena at that moment when her life was by a thread(I'm talking about what Francia said, that Selena called her ecstatic and that it made her feel like she had to do that)

I never like that people say she felt obligated to donate. The really make sure you want to do this, that no money or coercion is involved.

This team is specially assigned to you, the potential living donor. All members of your team will have no interaction with the potential recipient. This is done on purpose to ensure that there are no conflicts of interest and that the evaluation is done in your best interests and without bias.

There will be many opportunities and ample time to ask questions and address any concerns you may have. A living donor advocate will be an important member of your healthcare team who you can feel free to discuss any concerns or hesitations you may have. All conversations between the living donor and the transplant team and the results of medical testing will be kept confidential.

If at any point in the evaluation process you decide that you do not want to donate your kidney, your living donor transplant team can help you decline in a way that preserves the family relationships.

5 minutes ago, lauren198 said:

Well, about that I understand that Francia felt pressured but I don't think it passed by Selena's mind that Francia had doubts, she probably thought if she got tested it was because she wanted to do that and also while the doctors were very wrong on telling Selena before Francia agreed to donate, I never understood how people expected rational thinking from Selena at that moment when her life was by a thread(I'm talking about what Francia said, that Selena called her ecstatic and that it made her feel like she had to do that)

The doctors violated HIPAA law and Francia also mentioned how the testing was accelerated so there were certain tests that possible donors do before agreeing to be a match to test their own health, and she was not given that. No one is saying Selena was supposed to not act excited, but it did put Francia in a position where if she told Selena no, Selena could have died, since at that point no one had been a match yet and Selena was literally on the verge of dying. 

It’s super disappointing that the doc refused to touch on her well-documented drug and alcohol abuse issues. I appreciated how raw and authentic several scenes felt, but we, the viewers and fans, aren’t idiots. We know Selena didn’t just become magically depressed out of nowhere and wasn’t just in rehab for ‘mental health issues’. The doc felt empty and without context. 

6 minutes ago, ohjulia said:

The doctors violated HIPAA law and Francia also mentioned how the testing was accelerated so there were certain tests that possible donors do before agreeing to be a match to test their own health, and she was not given that. No one is saying Selena was supposed to not act excited, but it did put Francia in a position where if she told Selena no, Selena could have died, since at that point no one had been a match yet and Selena was literally on the verge of dying. 

I agree, but people has always blamed Selena for that and not the doctors. But maybe Selena should now put herself on Francia shoes, and apologize for what she went through, that's not easy give up a part of yourself and still not being treated right

Edited by lauren198

As a fan, this documentary felt like she gave a watered down version of the full story. It felt like they skimmed past a lot of details that grant it she doesn't need to divulge, but if you're going to create a documentary on your life and say it's 'honest and raw' - let it be just that. It's disappointing in interviews they're saying she gave 'full access' to the director because watching it back it sure doesn't feel like that. 

To be fair it's kinda sad that people care about Francia Raisa only when there's Selena to drag. There is a thread of 6 (?) pages but I don't see any of these souls caring about Francia's, her health, her live or her works before Selena's documentary.

Sad for both the girls. 

y'all are so nosy lmao.

Selena and the director picked what they thought would be appropriate to deliver the message that they wanted to deliver.

Francia is allowed to say whatever she wants to say.

the doc isn't about "unveiling personal information" but moreso showing that Selena's struggles are similar to the struggles that many of us are going through.

4 hours ago, XXI. said:

As a fan, this documentary felt like she gave a watered down version of the full story. It felt like they skimmed past a lot of details that grant it she doesn't need to divulge, but if you're going to create a documentary on your life and say it's 'honest and raw' - let it be just that. It's disappointing in interviews they're saying she gave 'full access' to the director because watching it back it sure doesn't feel like that. 

Let’s say hypothetically she gave the director full access and then the editing process happened? 
y’all really wanted there to be more “drama” and “things to gossip about” when that was literally NOT THE POINT
:hippo:

Edited by selena_lavigne

I watched the doc and I am just going to say i still love and respect selena. However, as others have pointed out selena needs to be more honest with herself, work on maintaining those valuable friendships, she also clearly sorrounded imo with yes men. She clearly doesn’t enjoy being control or someone disagreeing with her. Things never end well when your entire team and inner circle are just full of yes men. Plus I really wish she was more honest about the stuff that happen in 2017 and 2018. There was clear more info about that and for selena to pretend to ignore that time of her life or erase it. It very dishonest with herself. Of course she can’t change her past but accepting and talking about it will help her move on. 

I think some of y’all didn’t watch the doc or pay attention to certain parts of it cuz there was a lot of really cool and vulnerable info that was subtly revealed that I think is going to start a lot of conversations.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.