Selena Gomez

Royal Culture

On 8/6/2024 at 11:04 PM, lauren198 said:

It would be great if she song is nominated tho. Because she could prepare a great actress performance of the song there. Never understood why she doesn't like performing being an actress, but I guess it's because she is not a theather kid (her sister Victoria looks like will be tho :cupid:)

On 8/7/2024 at 5:58 AM, MALAMENTE said:

Who cares that she doesn't have writing credits on the song? Camille is the actual writer and was hired to write the songs and music of the movie. Selena was cast to play a role. They are not going to let Selena write a song to please her fans and make them happy to see Sel earning a nomination. Plus, she wants to prove herself in acting so getting nominated for the song category is not the best plan. She is Top 10 in most rankings I've seen for the main awards, including the Oscars. She needs to focus on a good campaign and she could sneak in. I really don't know why fans are more worried about credits on a song for a movie she is in. I'd understand if she was the writer of a song especifically for a movie, but she is not.  

Why are you guys acting like she could easily ignore her strongest chance on Oscar ever? It's not like she's the most respected actress in the industry. Who knows when she's gonna have another chance like that?

Where were you guys when Rema's team lost the opportunity to get a grammy for Calm Down last year? Did you all came with the same excuse that ''if she doesn't write it, she shouldn't get a nom'' when we all know she doesn't even know the lyrics of this song by now, just like she don't since Revival?

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MALAMENTE

• La Luna

• Selegend

• jxbuggie

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, StarsAllAligned said:

True sadly.

Idc what certain peeps in this base think about what I'm gonna say but I miss when she had a personality :giraffe: seeing clips of her old interviews with Ellen, Fallon, Letterman, etc. feels so weird with present Selena. She sounds so uninterested and bored in every interview she does now and it's always the same responses too.

She turned into an unbearable person. Her last interview saying that she didn't wanted to do the 40s musical act on OMITB just screams this, to me. I mean, shut the **** up, idiot. You're starting to get your recognition on the actors industry. Shut the **** up and do what the director is telling you to do.

I'm happy that she's kinda losing the appear for me. She's surrounded by people who do whatever she wants, that's why she's becoming so ******* boring and uniterested. Actually i don't even think she deserves this platform that she have nowdays on entertainment industry. She always do the bare minimum for ANYTHING and acts like a victim like she's doing the most. A complete desrespect to the others singers and actress who always do the most and never got 1/10 of what Selena have. This new interviews just show me that she never should have been nominated for the Emmys. If you don't want to do a simple move on a scene, you don't deserve any flower.

Edited by corotinho

I think the biggest issue with her and interviews is when she talks down on herself. I wanted to slap the **** out of her when she was like "Yeah I think my Spanish was bad and I did a terrible job" during the Cannes Film Festival interviews lol

2 hours ago, corotinho said:

Why are you guys acting like she could easily ignore her strongest chance on Oscar ever? It's not like she's the most respected actress in the industry. Who knows when she's gonna have another chance like that?

Where were you guys when Rema's team lost the opportunity to get a grammy for Calm Down last year? Did you all came with the same excuse that ''if she doesn't write it, she shouldn't get a nom'' when we all know she doesn't even know the lyrics of this song by now, just like she don't since Revival?

Maybe because it is a completely different thing. Like you literally said, she's trying to get recognition in acting so why the **** would she focus on getting a nomination for a SONG? Like it would further the narrative that she is just a pop music artist. 
She didn't write the song, period. It would be completely embarrassing to look at the credits and see that coincidentally, the only song with more writers than the rest of the songs in the movie is the song performed by the actress with a music career. Like let's not be so stupid please. Her fans want it so they can feel better about themselves and think they also got nominated for an Oscar, not because they genuinely care about her career and artistic growth. 

2 hours ago, corotinho said:

She turned into an unbearable person. Her last interview saying that she didn't wanted to do the 40s musical act on OMITB just screams this, to me. I mean, shut the **** up, idiot. You're starting to get your recognition on the actors industry. Shut the **** up and do what the director is telling you to do.

I'm happy that she's kinda losing the appear for me. She's surrounded by people who do whatever she wants, that's why she's becoming so ******* boring and uniterested. Actually i don't even think she deserves this platform that she have nowdays on entertainment industry. She always do the bare minimum for ANYTHING and acts like a victim like she's doing the most. A complete desrespect to the others singers and actress who always do the most and never got 1/10 of what Selena have. This new interviews just show me that she never should have been nominated for the Emmys. If you don't want to do a simple move on a scene, you don't deserve any flower.

If you actually read the interview and understood, she said they wanted her to do something and that  she did, the little dream sequence. She just thought she could get away with it. Also that sequence was 20s inspired, so at least gets your facts right. 
Selena said that she doesn't feel like Mabel should be singing and performing because that's not who Mabel is; Charles is an actor and Oliver a stage director so of course they are more likely too. Why would Mabel, a woman who never showed interest in music, be in the play? She agreed to do the little scene, she never said no. You guys act like she stormed off set or threaten to leave the show if she was forced to do the singing lmao. She is also one of the executive producers of the show, of course she will have a say on the show like be forreal

And I'm not even gonna bother with the second paragraph because you are absolutely no one to tell whether she deserves what she has gotten or not, because it is Selena who has put in the work, you are just watching through a screen. Maybe if you spent more time fulfilling your own life achievements and dreams you would stop relying on Selena to give you joys in life. If you feel that way, baby just unstan. 

Edited by MALAMENTE

guys relax. 

:heart2: 

it's okay if there's stans that want her to have her well deserved titles (grammy winner and oscar nominee -- even if it's with a song)

and it's okay if there's stans that think it is what it is, calm down was released before the grammy date and she didn't write Mi Camino so..... 

all love

I'm not very active here lately but I want to share my opinion as a stan of her since 2011. 

I've always loved Actelena and always thought her acting career deserves a better managment and spotlights. I hoped Spring Breakers was really a start for a great career at that time, sadly it wasn't .

I love the little normal Texas girl who works harder and harder and owns all she has achieved. I miss when she was everywhere, happy and carefree. But you don't really know what's going on with a person who becomes so private and went through so many things in her Life (positive like the success, Money, spotlights, achievemnts but also negative like illness, social media hate, etc)

Sometimes fan should stop investigating her private and breath some fresh air (haters too)

Still think her team sucks and is mediocre for her. Already talk enough about this.

Edited by Sad Serenade

35 minutes ago, Selegend said:

guys relax. 

:heart2: 

it's okay if there's stans that want her to have her well deserved titles (grammy winner and oscar nominee -- even if it's with a song)

and it's okay if there's stans that think it is what it is, calm down was released before the grammy date and she didn't write Mi Camino so..... 

all love

I understand having an opinion on her career because she is a public figure. I hate when her own fans are incapable of seeing the nuances in anything related to her. Nothing is black or white. And many fans are incredibly unfair to her, very. 

You can have a say in what she releases, say if you like it or you don't, but the moment you start to spew nonsense like many fans do nowadays, it just becomes unbearable. She is not a vessel for her fans to feel like accomplished individuals. 

Too bad her fans don't see that and treat her like a video game character. 

17 hours ago, XXI. said:

Unfortunately, I don't think she's working on multiple albums. I think whatever SG3 was originally with 'Single Soon' and 'Love On' being the singles was scrapped due to their underperformance. She likely went back to the drawing boards and is starting fresh...  I wouldn't expect any new music on this side of the year.

17 hours ago, YourFavoriteWeapon said:

I honestly foresee SG3 coming out in Q2 or Q3 2025. I would like if she treated Selenation by dropping various albums but I'm sure her and Interscope will come to an agreement when it comes to SG3's sound and roll out (I'm hoping for mid-tempo stuff personally but would take that happy pop album she teased).

On 8/7/2024 at 6:04 AM, selena_lavigne said:

I'm guessing if it's not a close to surprise release in September, 2025 it is.

I also still think there are at least 2 albums if not 3.

I'll take one album, but i'm 100% sure there are several album concepts she's been working on.

A lot of stuff were planned but Selena just doesn't want to do music. There was a latin collab planned for July that ended up being cancelled. Fred Again rave collab was cancelled on Selena's team behalf, collaborations you guys don't know about (Eg: Camila) everything is on hold. The album had Single Soon and Love On sound, sounded literally like Future Nostalgia meets Planet Her and the gp said no, which was disappointing to Selena cuz a lot of the material sounded like that, ** ****** is a bop and should've been released instead of Love On IMO. 

The original SG2 plan was a double album in like 2016-7 and she hasn't revisited that idea in ages, so I really doubt she will release a double album. Stans want that "Dark album" she mentioned in 2020 but the truth is that those "dark" songs are music Selena clearly doesn't want to release because it's really personal and deep , and she doesn't want to share it or revisit that state of mind (she literally said it). That's why she wanted to do a fun , upbeat and dance pop record that she has been working since 2022. The thing is that Sel takes forever to release music and starts getting outdated (Rare, Love On) , also Future Nostalgia sound was already old when she started.  She tried to bring back an old track and you all know how people hated Single Soon, even though it saw some success that the next single did not receive. 

I think she's on a comfort zone that is hard to break down. She experimented with new producers like Ilya, Omar Fedi, etc ; she tried to bring Rock Mafia back tho on 'Always But Never',  but she clearly wants to keep her core collaborators like Justin, Julia, Mattman & Robin , Monsters & strangerz,etc because they know more her present self.

The problem with her actual music is that she clearly sounds uninspired, generic and nothing unique or new like she used to drop. She became a sad-girl music artist and people kinda want that from her , or sexy bops. Because people were clearly demanding Selena to release upbeat bops but she is struggling to not make them sound childish. Her saying on every interview that she wants to focus on acting and never liked music do not help with the general public either. People wanted to see how Revelación, Calm Down, LSG, etc impacted on her new sound and they clearly did not influence anything. She is dating a music producer, and they do not seem to experiment with music at all, she just doesn't care and clearly Interscope wants a solo hit for her in order to release an album.

I think she put everything on hold this year and she will see if she wants to continue doing music or not next year, she could always release a vault album or a greatest hits like she did with HWR. She is remaining one record on her OG interscope deal and one latin record on her new deal under Interscope Latin, SMG tunes.  What is not helping is that she currently sees music as something that is stagnating her acting career.

Edited by ShadeIena
  • Like 1

What really bothers me is that Selena doesn't realize how important her music career is to her. Despite not being in any significant acting projects for many years, she managed to maintain and even increase her popularity, and she owes that entirely to her music career. Now that she's seeing success in her acting career, it's completely wrong for her to neglect music. And to be honest, I don't really understand why Selena didn't want to do some of the scenes. If you're an actor, you have to do what the directors tell you. The fact that Selena, who is originally a singer, didn't sing even once in Only Murders in the Building was truly disappointing. But I don't know, maybe making music isn't good for her anymore, or maybe she has some traumas related to it—after all, she has had a really difficult life in many ways. So I don't really care much about what Selena does anymore, I just want her to be happy and I hope she continues making music for the fans who love it.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, ShadeIena said:

A lot of stuff were planned but Selena just doesn't want to do music. There was a latin collab planned for July that ended up being cancelled. Fred Again rave collab was cancelled on Selena's team behalf, collaborations you guys don't know about (Eg: Camila) everything is on hold. The album had Single Soon and Love On sound, sounded literally like Future Nostalgia meets Planet Her and the gp said no, which was disappointing to Selena cuz a lot of the material sounded like that, ** ****** is a bop and should've been released instead of Love On IMO. 

The original SG2 plan was a double album in like 2016-7 and she hasn't revisited that idea in ages, so I really doubt she will release a double album. Stans want that "Dark album" she mentioned in 2020 but the truth is that those "dark" songs are music Selena clearly doesn't want to release because it's really personal and deep , and she doesn't want to share it or revisit that state of mind (she literally said it). That's why she wanted to do a fun , upbeat and dance pop record that she has been working since 2022. The thing is that Sel takes forever to release music and starts getting outdated (Rare, Love On) , also Future Nostalgia sound was already old when she started.  She tried to bring back an old track and you all know how people hated Single Soon, even though it saw some success that the next single did not receive. 

I think she's on a comfort zone that is hard to break down. She experimented with new producers like Ilya, Omar Fedi, etc ; she tried to bring Rock Mafia back tho on 'Always But Never',  but she clearly wants to keep her core collaborators like Justin, Julia, Mattman & Robin , Monsters & strangerz,etc because they know more her present self.

The problem with her actual music is that she clearly sounds uninspired, generic and nothing unique or new like she used to drop. She became a sad-girl music artist and people kinda want that from her , or sexy bops. Because people were clearly demanding Selena to release upbeat bops but she is struggling to not make them sound childish. Her saying on every interview that she wants to focus on acting and never liked music do not help with the general public either. People wanted to see how Revelación, Calm Down, LSG, etc impacted on her new sound and they clearly did not influence anything. She is dating a music producer, and they do not seem to experiment with music at all, she just doesn't care and clearly Interscope wants a solo hit for her in order to release an album.

I think she put everything on hold this year and she will see if she wants to continue doing music or not next year, she could always release a vault album or a greatest hits like she did with HWR. She is remaining one record on her OG interscope deal and one latin record on her new deal under Interscope Latin, SMG tunes.  What is not helping is that she currently sees music as something that is stagnating her acting career.

So what i'm seeing, i don't know if i trust your information. :cm:
Because what you are saying is that while we have been starving for albums, she has completed 3. And this means that they will be released. Because why would she not release them? 
And she is currently, working on a 4th album. 
So what i'm understanding is we are getting SG 1.5, SG3, and SG4 in the next year or two. And she is currently working on SG5. :cm:

Edited by selena_lavigne

3 minutes ago, selena_lavigne said:

Because what you are saying is that while we have been starving for albums, she has completed 3. And this means that they will be released. Because why would she not release them? 
So what i'm understanding is we are getting SG 1.5, SG3, and SG4 in the next year or two. And she is currently working on SG5. :cm:

Idc if you trust me or not lol, I just gave some info. That 'Interscope doesn't allow her to do what she wants' is bullshit. She def not dropping as much as you are saying. She worked on different projects and ideas that ended up being shelved like she scrapped the original SG2, the 2018 version of the album, the 2014 album, the 2012 spanish album, it's not the first time she scraps a project, and having so much music doesn't mean she's gonna drop it.

It is really sad because music is what made her brand and maintained her popularity.

4 minutes ago, Souvenir said:

What really bothers me is that Selena doesn't realize how important her music career is to her. Despite not being in any significant acting projects for many years, she managed to maintain and even increase her popularity, and she owes that entirely to her music career. Now that she's seeing success in her acting career, it's completely wrong for her to neglect music. And to be honest, I don't really understand why Selena didn't want to do some of the scenes. If you're an actor, you have to do what the directors tell you. The fact that Selena, who is originally a singer, didn't sing even once in Only Murders in the Building was truly disappointing. But I don't know, maybe making music isn't good for her anymore, or maybe she has some traumas related to it—after all, she has had a really difficult life in many ways. So I don't really care much about what Selena does anymore, I just want her to be happy and I hope she continues making music for the fans who love it.

Edited by ShadeIena
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ShadeIena said:

Idc if you trust me or not lol, I just gave some info. That 'Interscope doesn't allow her to do what she wants' is bullshit. She def not dropping as much as you are saying

Being a fan of Selena for 15 years, i know she wants to and is going drop everything that is of quality. :cm:
It just doesn't makes sense to me that she wouldn't. So i am assuming she has taken this year to plan the rollout and finalize these albums so we can all listen to and enjoy them for the rest of our lives. And we will in the coming days receive an update on her music, especially regarding the albums we all have been waiting on. This is what my delulu ass is thinking.

Edited by selena_lavigne

2 minutes ago, selena_lavigne said:

Being a fan of Selena for 15 years, i know she wants to and is going drop everything that is of quality. :cm:
It just doesn't makes sense to me that she wouldn't. So i am assuming she has taken this year to plan the rollout and finalize these albums so we can all listen to and enjoy them for the rest of our lives. And we will in the coming days receive an update on her music, especially regarding the albums we all have been waiting on. This is what my delulu ass is thinking.

Girl Selena has struggled with heavy mental issues, it does not make sense to you that she doesn't want to release quality material with deep and raw lyrics about her life? She became mega private and doesn't want to share that with the world (as we ALL want to hear more of that material) .  I don't blame her ******* is one of her best songs ever but she's not gonna drop it because how depressed and in a dark place she was. Plus it's also old.

Edited by ShadeIena

Just now, selena_lavigne said:

What you are saying is inaccurate given the fact that My Mind & Me was released. And she even went on an entire press tour for it. I don't buy what you are saying. She knows we want it, i have been pushing for the older songs to get released as a complete body of work and then for a new album to come a 6 months later for a very long time. 
My guess is that, Single Soon and Love On are songs that she loves, but they don't fit on either of the albums so she went into a droplet era.

My Mind & Me was recorded in 2021-2 , it does not compare to her 2016-19 stuff. It was just based on the documentary

9 minutes ago, ShadeIena said:

My Mind & Me was recorded in 2021-2 , it does not compare to her 2016-19 stuff. It was just based on the documentary

Yeah but you're one to talk right? You're saying she's never gonna release the songs but you've heard them and we all want to hear them. :clown:
Imagine if she surprise released tonight. Tonight would be the perfect time for a new Selena album. I'm picturing what it would sound and look like as i'm typing.

Edited by selena_lavigne

Just now, selena_lavigne said:

Yeah but you're one to talk right? You're saying she's never gonna release the songs but you've heard them and we all want to hear them. :clown:

Who said I heard them all lol , I said I heard SOME of them. Ok, ask her to release that music , not me lol

Since this thread made it to twitter. Stop believing @sgtour2024 he doesn't know sh!1t

Edited by ShadeIena

53 minutes ago, selena_lavigne said:

Selena has vaulted material galore from sessions after Rare, and we know from various sources that the album went through various rehauls through the years and that's the reason of it's delay. The problem with Sel is that she doesn't want to release them unless she thinks is the perfect time, and she's in a vicious cycle of "let me try" and then boycotting herself bc of whatever reason (fans don't like it, her last single flops so she loses her confidence, wants to focus on acting...) so that never happens.  :deadbanana4:

The OP has been proved to be right many times and it's just a matter of time until they get proven right again, so it's up to you  if you wanna believe in them but I can assure you they know their facts :coffee:

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, WaterDiamonds said:

Selena has vaulted material galore from sessions after Rare, and we know from various sources that the album went through various rehauls through the years and that's the reason of it's delay. The problem with Sel is that she doesn't want to release them unless she thinks is the perfect time, and she's in a vicious cycle of "let me try" and then boycotting herself bc of whatever reason (fans don't like it, her last single flops so she loses her confidence, wants to focus on acting...) so that never happens.  :deadbanana4:

The OP has been proved to be right many times and it's just a matter of time until they get proven right again, so it's up to you  if you wanna believe in them but I can assure you they know their facts :coffee:

As if during a bipolar manic episode she wouldn't run to the studio to record an idea:cooldown:

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, WaterDiamonds said:

Tonight is the perfect time. :dies:

If it's not tonight it's 2025. :bam:

Anyways what can i say, my hype level is higher than it was for Rare. :cm:
Rare was a FRUSTRATING rollout. This rollout, well first she made us believe no music was coming, and now suddenly y'all are talking about 3 albums.

WHAT IS THE TRUTH?

3 hours ago, MALAMENTE said:

Maybe because it is a completely different thing. Like you literally said, she's trying to get recognition in acting so why the **** would she focus on getting a nomination for a SONG? Like it would further the narrative that she is just a pop music artist. 
She didn't write the song, period. It would be completely embarrassing to look at the credits and see that coincidentally, the only song with more writers than the rest of the songs in the movie is the song performed by the actress with a music career. Like let's not be so stupid please. Her fans want it so they can feel better about themselves and think they also got nominated for an Oscar, not because they genuinely care about her career and artistic growth. 

Funny how you guys act like it's ok to lose an oscar nomination this time since she didn't write it, but close your eyes when she stole credits for songs like Ring, Rare, Good For You (and probably most of Rare album) :clack:

Edited by corotinho
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MALAMENTE said:

If you actually read the interview and understood, she said they wanted her to do something and that  she did, the little dream sequence. She just thought she could get away with it. Also that sequence was 20s inspired, so at least gets your facts right. 
Selena said that she doesn't feel like Mabel should be singing and performing because that's not who Mabel is; Charles is an actor and Oliver a stage director so of course they are more likely too. Why would Mabel, a woman who never showed interest in music, be in the play? She agreed to do the little scene, she never said no. You guys act like she stormed off set or threaten to leave the show if she was forced to do the singing lmao. She is also one of the executive producers of the show, of course she will have a say on the show like be forreal

And I'm not even gonna bother with the second paragraph because you are absolutely no one to tell whether she deserves what she has gotten or not, because it is Selena who has put in the work, you are just watching through a screen. Maybe if you spent more time fulfilling your own life achievements and dreams you would stop relying on Selena to give you joys in life. If you feel that way, baby just unstan. 

You also sing and dance in this season.

I tried to get away with not doing it, but they really wanted a little thing. I just didn't feel like it was my character. I don't think it would have made sense unless it was done in a very sarcastic, unprofessional way, for humor reasons, but in my heart, it just didn't feel like that's what Mabel would be caring about. I thought it was cute. I loved doing the number. But, yeah, I'm glad that I didn't have to do a lot of that part of my life, which I already do enough of. Don't get me wrong, I was like, I might wear this [jazz outfit] to dinner with some cute heels! I thought it was such a look.

Are you serious? Don't you see any problem on what she said right here? :rip: It's a ******* scene in a ******* comedy show. The scene was made to look WEIRD. It was MADE TO MAKE MABEL GET OUT OF THE CHARACTER. You guys needs to stop this all toxic positivity and accept that she's just an unbearable person who don't like to do what she's told to do. In Brazil we have an actor just like her, he's called FIUK (:rip:).

Not bothering about my second paragraph but trying to say something about my personal life and what give me joy? hahaha You have almost 25k posts in this forum, mostly talking about her. If the most, you should get some worry about your personal life or your expectations with Selena :rip:

:clack:

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.