• jxbuggie

Top Posters In This Topic

They asked, she said 'no'.

It's over. Hardly surprising after the bop/flop Love On :heart2:

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, qwerty123123 said:

no surprises here. she'll do no more mid releases, we'll have to wait, there's nothing we can do lmao

thankfully we have El Camiño and the other Emilia Perez song. 

The variety interview was pretty decent tho, she talked with confidence about her acting and also said that she enjoyed doing music for emilia perez cuz they got a different side of her singing, interesting. she's described it as "more open", i'm excited to listen to it! 

also very nice to read that Netflix will invest on Emilia Perez and that Selena is constantly reading scripts. 

it could be worse, Rihanna is only a business woman, at least Selena is also an actress. :bird:

Spoiler

yep. i'm gaslighting myself not to be sad.:ahh:

Nooo what about SG3 D:

This ***** us dead. 10M monthly listeners coming soon

At least this is the final prove that those "insiders" know NOTHING

• Thanks 1

So long, SG3

and now the chapter is closed an done

and now is goodbye for us :chick3:

With all the buzz Emilia Perez is getting I think it makes sense she's not releasing anything soon. I believe she wants to distance herself for the pop star persona for the entire award season. 

7 hours ago, #SG2 said:

So long, SG3

and now the chapter is closed an done

and now is goodbye for us :chick3:

With all the buzz Emilia Perez is getting I think it makes sense she's not releasing anything soon. I believe she wants to distance herself for the pop star persona for the entire award season. 

Yep!! I also thought about that. It does make sense now 

unfortunately she didn't release it before. 

Damn, she really said NO! to her my music career huh

Well, at least she's being honest :chick3:

I hope she will keep doing collabs. I refuse to believe she won't do music anymore.

And the Oscar goes to...

Whew this looks sooo good

Movie of the year I fear

:clownny:

Edited by La Luna

Hmm interesting. I wonder how this will  affect Selena's chances :huh:

I hope they don't give up about her best supporting actress campaign just because of El Camino. I know the song has a good chance and can snatch good noms, but I fear this will make they push her aside when it comes to campaign for the  acting categories.

Edited by La Luna

If they push Zoe and Karla as lead, then Selena's chances will increase a lot in the supporting category.

But, I fear either Karla or Zoe will get snubbed, maybe even both since they will split  the votes. The lead category is too much competitive, every vote counts.

I can only see both of them getting noms in the lead category if the movie turns out to be  a huge success with the  critics and the public.

Netflix better don't play. Sh*t is getting serious.

Go big or go home.

:cm:

Edited by La Luna

I hope they push her for the supporting actress category, cause it'd be all for nothing if she doesn't have a writing credit on El Camino.

It seems Zoe is the one who is in every scene so it looks like she is the lead. But the movie is named after Karla character and it looks like she did a great job, besides being the first trans actress nomination would be a big deal. I think any nomination for the movie would be great!

Just heard That's Alright (the Fred Again… track) and honestly it's not bad but for sure not radio friendly. Still bopping tho

august shaping to be a great month, omitb s4 and emilia perez premiers.. this mean looks and interviews (i hope at least one of them asks her about music GOSH)

On 6/20/2024 at 5:16 PM, qwerty123123 said:

nooo it's over

I'm quite sure her recent statement about music is a little bit PR. Her latest singles were underwhelming, she knows because she doesn't feel them and her label (hopefully) knows too. 

They need to work again on some stuff and have a concept.

She seems very passionate about acting and acting can inspire her music (like Spring Breakers inspired Stars Dance, for example) they're not two separate paths. Also a soundtrack could be a very smart idea for a comeback song.

I don't wanna get anyone in trouble cuz I know discussing leaks in this forum can get kinda messy but does anyone have the names (not links, I know it's not allowed to share that) of Selena songs that have leaked. Back in hollywood records there weren't many Selena leaked songs so I used to listen and know all of them but since the past few years and scrapped albums there have been a lot more so I'm sure I haven't listened to them all and sometimes there are some hidden gems. Again I'm not asking for links just the names of the songs.

On 6/27/2024 at 8:09 PM, VelvetCrush said:

I don't wanna get anyone in trouble cuz I know discussing leaks in this forum can get kinda messy but does anyone have the names (not links, I know it's not allowed to share that) of Selena songs that have leaked. Back in hollywood records there weren't many Selena leaked songs so I used to listen and know all of them but since the past few years and scrapped albums there have been a lot more so I'm sure I haven't listened to them all and sometimes there are some hidden gems. Again I'm not asking for links just the names of the songs.

Go to Genius, there's a list of all of Selena's unreleased songs 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.