Top Posters In This Topic

• zzmyth

• Cheers

• getBusy

• istan4badgalriri

5 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

Her I Always Love You/My Heart Will Go On moment is here :WAP:

2 hours ago, zzmyth said:

Diamonds was the same way. But one was a huge hit and everyone jumped to love it.

The other one didn't.

I'm not happy that the Navy (or anyone in that case) determine the quality of a song because of it's chart success.

I feel the same way about Taylor right now.... It seems like if you say anything bad about her it's because of bitterness, because it's doing such big numbers that those dictate above everything else. I'm sorry but Taylor's album is not good enough. And got an 85 on MC because it's hers and the ammount of sales it's getting. I'm sorry.

The same way with Rihanna. For me some of her BEST singles and songs didn't perform as well....

Love on the brain, Man Down, CKB, BBHMM, RTT, PdR, Kiss it Better, Needed me and all of Anti, all of Rated R.... and many more are better than #1 SOS.... Sorry.

Diamonds wasn't the same though. I thought Rih made Diamonds her own immediately and the way she performs it in recent years sounds nothing like Sia. Sledgehammer just sounded off to me. I don't dislike it but it sounds like she sung over a Sia demo without making it her own at all. 

I agree with the rest of your post. I want her to have a hit but it's not the end of the world if she doesn't. If she's matching Taylor's quality of output then I'll be delighted.

16 hours ago, Cheers said:

EYE also had a dream about Rih's Black Panther song. It's an emotional vocal driven song EYE think it's the song played while they're all mourning BP :gaycat4:

My dream might have been reality omg! I’m like a psychic, Nhevi :jonny:

Edited by Cheers

God please let it be a midtempo at least :jonny5:

But also do not forget there are at least 2 songs, so maybe the other one is an uptempo!

Sledgehammer was really bad but they wouldn’t mess up the theme song for BP2 so this one will be good. I just wish her comeback was a lead single that was uptempo instead

I love that ppl literally complain about anything and everything. "rih stopped making music" "she retired" "not her comback being a soundtrack" "not a ballad" 

Can we just be happy that we are getting not one but TWO songs? Jesus lol 

I cant wait for Friday! :WAP:

3 minutes ago, chaychay18 said:

I love that ppl literally complain about anything and everything. "rih stopped making music" "she retired" "not her comback being a soundtrack" "not a ballad" 

:clap3:

8 minutes ago, chaychay18 said:

lol-sincerely-ciara.gif

11 minutes ago, chaychay18 said:

THIS.

:clap:

My realistic predictions for the song (pre-release): 

Spotify debut: 13.5M (5M US)

Spotify 1st week: 65M

Billboard debut: #1 

UK debut: #1

5 minutes ago, abelfenty said:

My realistic predictions for the song (pre-release): 

Spotify debut: 13.5M (5M US)

Spotify 1st week: 65M

Billboard debut: #1 

UK debut: #1

That would be great. But I doubt those numbers mean #1 on Billboard.... Sadly.

I think she could do great numbers. But I feel like that won't be the peak.

11-12M first day and 60-65M first week is my prediction.

#1 in the UK and Top5 in the US (depends on how well it performs on radios first week)

This is good. Soulful midtempo/ballad for the soundtrack and a true Rihanna banger as a lead around SB time. A smash uptempo for the soundtrack would kill the hype a bit for the album. At least for me. I think this is the best possible scenario. I just hope the song is really really good. And hopefully it smashes hard as well just so we can brag about it lol.

5 minutes ago, zzmyth said:

#1 in the UK and Top5 in the US (depends on how well it performs on radios first week)

If the song is actually good she going #1 straight and no stats can tell me otherwise!!!

One of the 2 songs is a ballad. Thats for sure. 'I cried' 'vocal Riri' 

1# debut with a BSO. In the second week of the massive Tay, in the release week of Drake,... I don't know but maybe is difficult. 

We better focus on enjoy the song this Friday. 

12 minutes ago, EliteNaviShit said:

If the song is actually good she going #1 straight and no stats can tell me otherwise!!!

You better be realistic here. Taylor is moving 35M with her song in a week just on Spotify, and Drake is also dropping this friday...

I mean she needs EXCEPTIONAL numbers to get that #1 and prove me wrong... but I preffer being on the realistic side

3 hours ago, Rih On The Brain said:

Her movie songs have not so far delivered but I'm hopeful that this is the one ... 

As Real As You and Me was 10/10

We’re lucky if she goes top 10 during Taylor and Drake’s album bombs

32 minutes ago, zzmyth said:

Idk why i'm expecting a 5M debut lmao, am i being ridiculously pessimistic. :lakitu:

18 minutes ago, ninasayers said:

Idk why i'm expecting a 5M debut lmao, am i being ridiculously pessimistic. :lakitu:

Im sorry but 5M would be more than an OK debut.

Let's be honest. We haven't lived a Rihanna in the Streaming era debut.

We don't know what to expect.

And let's be clear, Taylor's numbers are NOT the norm. And that's OK.

Let's not set ourselves for disappointment. We are getting new music and that is the most important thing.

If numbers back it up... then we'll celebrate the hardest... but firsts things first.... and that's to enjoy new Rih music after sooooo long!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.