Rihanna

M A R C

18 minutes ago, RihFenty20 said:

I'd literally pass out if she did disco. I want it to die too but I know that she would've ate a disco album up. I hate that she didn't do disco/synth first because the losers are going to say that she's trend hopping. I agree that she'll go another direction because of it

I’ve been wanting a Disco-oriented album for YEARS. 

Imagine her giving us a Donna Summer-esque “Bad Girls” era.

Imagine her giving us a “Hot Stuff, Bad Girls, Sunset People” or a “Ring My Bell” type BOP.

spacer.png

• Replies 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zzmyth

• Cheers

• istan4badgalriri

• getBusy

1 minute ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

The way she could’ve been the one to jump on “Essence” but didn’t.

Also…

Burna Boy needs to call her for a “Last Last” remix but it’s too late I fear.

spacer.png

Don’t get me started back on that. Essence screamed Rih feature I hate it here.

spacer.png

9 minutes ago, rp662 said:

Swift will surpass her in “T10’s” not “T10 hits”. :bird:

True.

:redface:

5 minutes ago, yeezytaughtme said:

Wait, who is that user on this site that always has music dates and is usually always correct with releases? And does he know when any of Rig’s new music is releasing? Also, is it pretty much confirmed her new album is on the way with the super bowl?

You talking about Mr S or Mercurio?

Just now, Devin said:

Don’t get me started back on that. Essence screamed Rih feature I hate it here.

spacer.png

The only thing about a Disco-type album is hat what if people say she’s copying Beyoncé.

Then what?

2 minutes ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

Imagine her giving us a Donna Summer-esque “Bad Girls” era.

I'd love this but beyonce kinda already did it and we're on shaky waters with the HIVE right now. We need unity. 

But yeah, she'd eat something like Ring My Bell. That beat and vocals on that are infectious :deadbanana2:

3 minutes ago, Devin said:

You talking about Mr S or Mercurio?

I was thinking bout Mr S, but who is Mercurio? He got any info?

Just now, RihFenty20 said:

I'd love this but beyonce kinda already did it and we're on shaky waters with the HIVE right now. We need unity. 

But yeah, she'd eat something like Ring My Bell. That beat and vocals on that are infectious :deadbanana2:

See…

This is what I was thinking.Beyoncé has already given us a lite-1970’s Disco oriented album. 

They would blame Rih. for theft I fear.

Unless her version is more Disco heavy. 

I hope that the lead is coming soon. Twitter Navy seem to think so because of the site blackout. I'd die if we got in within the week. It better not just be the album title like with ANTI

4 minutes ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

The only thing about a Disco-type album is hat what if people say she’s copying Beyoncé.

Then what?

Tbh I thought of Rihanna when the house-disco trend started. Sonically she would pull it off better than most given her smooth transition into EDM in the early 2010s. 

+ each album following that trend sounds different from one another. Renaissance, Honestly Nevermind, Chromatica, Future Nostalgia, Dawn FM, etc. 

10 minutes ago, Devin said:

Speaking of collabs .. I personally prefer 3 collabs on the album. 

1 with a male 

1 with a female 

1 unexpected or underrated artist collab

This puta been gone too long so I need more solo material on this one like ANTI:jonny5:

yes but collab Rih is quintessential. it won't feel like a Rih era without her having something for everyone. We already know she's gonna give something to the hip hop crowd and pop crowd. I hope she doesn't spread out the releases either, she does so well when multiple songs in different areas are going their thing, but not too much. I don't want another Too Good, Needed Me, KIB, WORK, TWYFC situation where they start to cannibalize each other :rip:

9 minutes ago, Fnooky said:

Love those two. I could even see Tems as writer on R9.

Speaking of Bad Bunny, I’d actually love a collab with a latin artist. I also think Rih would eat on Doja’s album. And maybe a DJ feature for the girls who crave dance pop. The possibilities are endless. :clownny:

UGHHHH see this is what happens when you go on a hiatus. She lowkey could’ve bagged a #1 every year of her break by just featuring. 

3 minutes ago, RihFenty20 said:

yes but collab Rih is quintessential. it won't feel like a Rih era without her having something for everyone. We already know she's gonna give something to the hip hop crowd and pop crowd. I hope she doesn't spread out the releases either, she does so well when multiple songs in different areas are going their thing, but not too much. I don't want another Too Good, Needed Me, KIB, WORK, TWYFC situation where they start to cannibalize each other :rip:

Usually I hate comparing/bringing up other artists but in this convo. Rih’s albums remind me of Bey’s album in a way of having a lil something for each stan. 

So whenever R9 drop I hope she continues that balance. 

6 minutes ago, Devin said:

Usually I hate comparing/bringing up other artists but in this convo. Rih’s albums remind me of Bey’s album in a way of having a lil something for each stan. 

So whenever R9 drop I hope she continues that balance. 

Yeah, she hasn't strayed for the formula yet, so I doubt she would now. She's probably so nervous about this project and it's reception. We really need to go crazy for her because she might retire for good if it doesn't do as well as she anticipated. :rip:

EDIT; But she also needs to help herself by putting the music back on the socials and stop playing games.

Edited by RihFenty20

11 minutes ago, RihFenty20 said:

Look at that apple music promo work. She's taking it. :jonny3:

She’s TAKING it, HARD.

:gaycat7:

3 minutes ago, Fnooky said:

The AM promo isn’t even that big.

Apple put Rih’s discography on browse only for a few hours following her announcement. They removed it pretty quickly. Now you have to scroll like 9 times to get to her Essential playlist. :skull:

Well at least it's something:rip:. I wonder how she did on Spotify. I haven't seen an update yet. 

18 minutes ago, RihFenty20 said:

Yeah, she hasn't strayed for the formula yet, so I doubt she would now. She's probably so nervous about this project and it's reception. We really need to go crazy for her because she might retire for good if it doesn't do as well as she anticipated. :rip:

EDIT; But she also needs to help herself by putting the music back on the socials and stop playing games.

Honestly I think even if the album doesn’t perform well. It will still do well due to the hype esp if she drops a lead that resonates well (which she never had a problem with). 

Also to some extent I appreciate her hiatus. It gave her time to focus on other things that makes her happy + gave society time to actually appreciate her and her nonstop impact in music. 

3 minutes ago, Devin said:

Also to some extent I appreciate her hiatus. It gave her time to focus on other things that makes her happy + gave society time to actually appreciate her and her nonstop impact in music. 

This, the hiatus has done wonders for her celebrity status and musical legacy. People used to discredit how she ruled the airwaves, but she kinda proved now that she WAS the airwaves. I know her daughters are perched, waiting to see what she does so they can play catch up. :jonny5:

Edited by RihFenty20

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.