Normani

URBAN

That ABTLAInsider account on Instagram is claiming this mess right now is her team/management fault - RCA doesn’t know what to do. I kinda believe it. We’re seeing so many girls releasing different tracks, and girls that haven’t even had big hits like N. It’s so weird and terrible for her. Who’s at fault for Candy Paint not getting a MV or even Fair at release? 

Isn’t her management responsible for getting paid promotion to be included on MVs? Therefore getting the budgets higher? It also seems like a lack of budget, but an artist budget does not come solely from the record label. 

• Replies
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• popularmoonlight

• AFullMoonlight

• remming

• Flare

It's really sad to see her slowly sliding to the level of the other three non-Camila 5H girls who are all stuck in indie EP/low budget movie soundtrack single/faceless DJ collab purgatory. And no shade but Camila is also headed there herself with the way her album bombed.

I guess it was too much to hope that a mildly successful girl group could produce multiple stars with longevity.

12 minutes ago, popularmoonlight said:

That ABTLAInsider account on Instagram is claiming this mess right now is her team/management fault - RCA doesn’t know what to do. I kinda believe it. We’re seeing so many girls releasing different tracks, and girls that haven’t even had big hits like N. It’s so weird and terrible for her. Who’s at fault for Candy Paint not getting a MV or even Fair at release? 

Isn’t her management responsible for getting paid promotion to be included on MVs? Therefore getting the budgets higher? It also seems like a lack of budget, but an artist budget does not come solely from the record label. 

I think you’re right about this time it’s the label. But I do think it’s a mix of Normani’s unwillingness to release anything also, she stalled for too long. Fair bombing might have put them off but again no responsible label exec would have let her do that coming off of Wild Side so either they didn’t care or set her up. Neither looks good. It’s just sad it seems she’s in front of real road blocks now bc it does seem like it’s more than just her at this point. 

And if they have no intention of releasing soon I do think the leaks will get more aggressive 

50 minutes ago, ToraeGilt said:

I’m sorry but normani should’ve never scrapped this song. It sounds better than some of these leaks. DUI is not enticing in the least..

I listen to this all the time :jonny5: she would’ve gobbled this. You can just HEAR her on it idk. 

Spoiler

I hope DUI has been scrapped by now but I’m a little more concerned it was ever in the running. Not bad just very bland from the snippet. CP I’ll have to wait to hear the official but I’m mixed on it at the moment. I actually really like MIH…it has potential.

Edited by orange22

4 minutes ago, orange22 said:

I listen to this all the time :jonny5: she would’ve gobbled this. You can just HEAR her on it idk. 

Reveal hidden contents

I hope DUI has been scrapped by now but I’m a little more concerned it was ever in the running. Not bad just very bland from the snippet. CP I’ll have to wait to hear the official but I’m mixed on it at the moment. I actually really like MIH…it has potential.

Exactly! It was my most played song last month! Like it suits her voice so well :jonnycat:

1 hour ago, Protocol said:

It's really sad to see her slowly sliding to the level of the other three non-Camila 5H girls who are all stuck in indie EP/low budget movie soundtrack single/faceless DJ collab purgatory. And no shade but Camila is also headed there herself with the way her album bombed.

I guess it was too much to hope that a mildly successful girl group could produce multiple stars with longevity.

Chile shut up she’s not even close to being that irrelevant. Normani stays trending just cause she doesn’t have any music out ATM.. don’t dare put her in that flop category w those unknowns. Fair a flop promo track with no video still overshadows the rest of the girls singles so either you’re a fake stan or letting the hate get to you’re head.

38 minutes ago, Camilitau.u said:

Chile shut up she’s not even close to being that irrelevant. Normani stays trending just cause she doesn’t have any music out ATM.. don’t dare put her in that flop category w those unknowns. Fair a flop promo track with no video still overshadows the rest of the girls singles so either you’re a fake stan or letting the hate get to you’re head.

No love I'm just being realistic. It's over.

6 hours ago, ToraeGilt said:

I’m sorry but normani should’ve never scrapped this song. It sounds better than some of these leaks. DUI is not enticing in the least..

Uh, if she had released this after Wild Side :jonny6:

What are y’all hearing that I’m not? I can understand why that was scrapped. 

Now, something like this would work so well with Normani’s voice. 

A true bop.

7 minutes ago, AFullMoonlight said:

A true bop.

I like this but I can’t imagine Normani doing something like it. Maybe similar production.

On 7/12/2022 at 3:25 PM, Mrs. Carter said:

I especially blame that lisaliveson character.

Are we about to start Twitter Nation vs ATRL Nation round 2? :eli:

Last time we did, I think Wild Side dropped. It might be time to kick it off!

9 hours ago, AFullMoonlight said:

A true bop.

The production in WS and Gold are similar in a way, the same can be said for the vocal production. It would’ve been a nice follow up. 

Demi isn’t even selling out theaters right now im nervous for her eventual “tour” sales 

49 minutes ago, dominickmcintee said:

Demi isn’t even selling out theaters right now im nervous for her eventual “tour” sales 

Feels like a Demi specific issue because independent artists who are “less chart successful” like Tinashe are selling out their theaters. :swing:

When Normani tours again, honestly, for her headline tour she needs a good popular opener. Like someone rising up too but relatively behind her like a Bree Runway, Rina Sawayama, Monaleo, or FLO. Potentially even 2 openers out of that set. That would secure the tour sells out and the flow the music is tolerable for the audience throughout the night. 

If Normani isn’t doing something like this, she needs to open for Bruno Mars, Dua Lipa, or some big name artist to help rebuild her brand. We’re back to 2018 Normani in some respects (Fair is a less successful Waves, Wild Side is a less successful Love Lies). She gotta bring the fanbase and hype back up. 

Edited by Flare

1 minute ago, Flare said:

Feels like a Demi specific issue because people like Bree Runway and Tinashe are selling out their theaters. :swing:

When Normani tours again, honestly, for her headline tour she needs a good popular opener. Like someone rising up too but relatively behind her like a Bree Runway, Rina Sawayama, Monaleo, or FLO. Potentially even 2 openers out of that set. That would secure the tour sells out and the flow the music is tolerable for the audience throughout the night. 

If Normani isn’t doing something like this, she needs to open for Bruno Mars, Dua Lipa, or some big name artist to help rebuild her brand. We’re back to 2018 Normani in some respects. She gotta bring the fanbase and hype back up. 

Oh, having FLO or Bree Runway OR BOTH to open for her would be so incredible. Because whoever listens to those people, will certanly give N's album a try. However, Normani needs to book that tour first right? And by the way things are going, it seems like nothing (and I really mean NOTHING) is locked and set for her tour. Therefore those two names could potentially be joining someone else. I do think Normani should open for someone else tho, someone big. Cardi B, Bruno Mars. Dua Lipa is out of question, Megan got that spot. 

4 hours ago, popularmoonlight said:

The production in WS and Gold are similar in a way, the same can be said for the vocal production. It would’ve been a nice follow up. 

I disagree. 

1 hour ago, dominickmcintee said:

There’s plenty of smaller artist who are doing fine touring theaters. I went to one of Summer Walker’s tour dates and the room was packed. I suppose it has something to do with the audience because these R&B girls have no problem with getting people into seats.

Yall talking about tours when we dont even have a single release date. This fanbase is so kiiiii:bibliahh:

Should we even expect another single this year? It’s like everything is at a complete stop

1 hour ago, EnoughSaid said:

Should we even expect another single this year? It’s like everything is at a complete stop

Our people say Candy Paint has a date for August 

37 minutes ago, popularmoonlight said:

Our people say Candy Paint has a date for August 

my guess is  part of the delay could be because of the  Calvin collab on August 5th . maybe two weeks after that.

Edited by jdanton2

I honestly think if she doesn’t drop the album this year she’s done lol and I’m a massive fan and will check for her when she does. I kinda low key wish she just went indie and could drop when she wanted. I would be so embarrassed if I was her

I really do think with the way labels work now and with streaming services that a lie of the mid tier artists would do better on smaller labels or going indie

I honestly even get it from a business side too on the labels side but dang this poor girl it’s time to drop the album or get dropped and figure something out lmao this stand still 4 years later is WILD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.