Normani

URBAN

41 minutes ago, remming said:

She was in the studio with Ryan Tedder and Harv yesterday

She's still in the studio :jonnycat:

5 hours ago, wildsidenormani said:

417tcniu

Or what? This is ATRL honey. :deadbanana2: Not you exhibiting Karen behaviour. You're not important here at all and nobody cares if you feel disrespected. 

Not me getting you so riled up you DM me about how I 'attacked you with curse words and personal insults' I'm actually screaming :laugh: 

Everybody can feel however they want about Normani and it's okay if that changes; if Shelven says they want space but then switches up why does that matter to YOU? 

Those of y'all who haven't heard Candy Paint are really on the brink of madness. August needs to get here quicker :rip:

Shook? If I replied in base you would run to the mods like a Karen. Stop responding to me. I'll say it again: A lot of people don't want to see "fans", Shelven or otherwise, always criticizing Normani in her base. I'm not the only one. That's why it matters since we're all in a thread about her. That should be obvious. Men who make an identity out of bitching about famous women are not contributing to Normani's career progress, so why do it? The negative talking points about her career from "fans" are starting to overpower the haters. I do actually believe Normani has trouble behind the scenes. Why is that so hard to sympathize with? Is it because some of you are not in a minority race or sex and don't have the capacity to relate to what a black woman could be going through in the industry outside of your own desire for entertainment? Don't answer that.

i-said-what-i-said-nene-leakes.gif

Edited by cliche_display

• Replies
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• popularmoonlight

• AFullMoonlight

• remming

• Flare

57 minutes ago, remming said:

She was in the studio with Ryan Tedder and Harv yesterday

They eating her up on the quotes :ahh:. As far as I know, the album has been done for a while.

Not another Fair coming :gaycat6:

The way she must have like 200 recorded songs as a lead artist by now and we've heard FOUR of them :dies: I just really want to know who's bankrolling all this studio time.

A recording artist being in the recording studio should never be shocking. It’s literally her job. If the album is done, I don’t expect her to stop creating. 

On a more negative note, Beysus is releasing not one but 3 projects? If being scared of big artist is the wave these labels execs are on, then we not getting that album this year. I really wished they’d just drop it. Nobody knows how the public will react to a new release. Even by household names.

Edited by AFullMoonlight

12 minutes ago, AFullMoonlight said:

On a more negative note, Beysus is releasing not one but 3 projects? If being scared of big artist is the wave these labels execs are on, then we not getting that album this year. I really wished they’d just drop it. Nobody knows how the public will react to a new release. Even by household names.

The way I see it, the much more concerning problem is that if RCA truly believes that Normani's numbers are going to be significantly affected by how close she releases to Beyonce (with the exception of releasing on the exact same week obviously), they're completely delusional. In terms of album hype, she's basically starting from scratch again when she releases Candy Paint. Every sane person in that label should have accepted by now that her album isn't going to debut with huge numbers, and that it literally doesn't matter who she's competing with. 

That's why I've never bought this "they're not releasing because they're scared of big artists" theory everyone keeps throwing around. It just doesn't track for me if you actually try to get in the heads of the label execs in charge of her career. I think there's other issues going on that are blocking the album - most likely the fear of releasing an album without a hit single and RCA's hesitancy that Candy Paint will be that hit (since I believe some insiders here talked about how RCA was pushing for DUI and it was basically Normani herself who had to push for it to be Candy Paint instead)

If it is a song, Harv is writing, Ryan Tedder is producing which means it may be Pop :eli:

Spoiler

I have a conspiracy theory on this situation: people have been mentioning Tinashe a lot recently in reference to Normani/RCA and what if they’re right? :eli:

What if the true reason Candy Paint is not here is that the label wants Normani to go back to full out Pop like Motivation again (same genre indecisiveness they had with Tinashe), at least for one single? Maybe in their minds, Motivation did better than Wild Side overall, then they see Beyonce and Drake going to pop audiences while still keeping the attention of their core fans. :eli:

i’m amazed by the fact that she probably has recorded over 100 songs and none of them leaked (besides ring and iiam i think) :toofunny3:

7 hours ago, shelven said:

The way she must have like 200 recorded songs as a lead artist by now and we've heard FOUR of them :dies: I just really want to know who's bankrolling all this studio time.

3 hours ago, hallucinate said:

i’m amazed by the fact that she probably has recorded over 100 songs and none of them leaked (besides ring and iiam i think) :toofunny3:

Yes to both of these - hoooooow? I want the Pharrell songs, the Scott Storch songs, I want them all.

9 hours ago, FAN said:

Maybe she’s working on N2 :eli:

Stop if we ever do get this first album imagine what she’ll put us through for the next one. “You only get one chance to release your sophomore album” :deadbanana2:

Its aggravating how non fans are lurking to find opportunities to make set up threads and bash her

1 hour ago, orange22 said:

Stop if we ever do get this first album imagine what she’ll put us through for the next one. “You only get one chance to release your sophomore album” :deadbanana2:

It's gonna be hell all over again :deadbanana2:

Pop music would launch her into superstardom and stop putting black girls into this urban/rnb box. That would be such a inspiration to lots of upcoming black women who wanna do pop.

I just assume she doesnt wanna be a megastar anymore.

Would love if she pulled a fifth harmony and had a multigenre album like Reflection.

Edited by Topaz

19 hours ago, shelven said:

15 hours ago, hallucinate said:

7 hours ago, orange22 said:

I believe in an interview in 2018 when she had the album title ready she said she had over 70-80 songs she recorded in that year alone.

On that guestimate i'm assuming she's recorded close to 300-400 songs in an almost 5 year span.

She already had 3 incarnations of that debut album which is already like 30-45 songs worth of tracks.

I wish she would one day tell us the truth on what’s going on behind the scenes. 

Her situation is 20 times worst than Tinshe because she was able to release albums. 

Normani should be recording her 3rd album by this point. 

It’s sad when Lauren released her album before her.

There’s nothing wrong with her Urban stuff. She hated Motivation and seems a lot more passionate about her more Urban leaning tracks and imo that’s her best material. The music isn’t the issue. It’s her lack of promotion.

Edited by AFullMoonlight

1 hour ago, Power love said:

It’s sad when Lauren released her album before her.

?

Lauren does not have an album out. None of the 4H girls do.

9 minutes ago, itscomingitsreal said:

?

Lauren does not have an album out. None of the 4H girls do.

Body of work. Does that make you feel better? 

10 minutes ago, PlayingWithFire said:

I do agree that some transparency would be greatly appreciated. I’d love to know what’s going on. At the same time, the radio silence just adds more hype lol, no matter how much people will say they “no longer care”

The thing with transparency is that she will find it hard to ever shake off the "label drama" tag if she were to "spill-spill" the tea. Think JoJo and Tinashe. It's kind of part and parcel of their stories. Immensely talented, yet arguably eternally the underdog because of their "narrative".

With Normani, there's a clear play for "main Pop girl", as such being cast as the underdog won't work.

So, like you said, the silence and continued claims of "being a perfectionist" actually work as a better cover than to throw her label under the bus. Especially as doing that only makes it even more unlikely for them to truly support her in the way deserved. 

That said, I can see her reaching a breaking point and just telling the things should this all continue.

I've been one of the more optimistic/understanding of her situation (especially the likely issues Tunji's departure made for), but it's actually un-defendable at this point.  

Right before our very eyes, she's sat dormant for years, is releasing singles at the rate she should be releasing albums, has no social presence outside of "promoting" her occasional singles (a huge faux pas), doesn't do features to keep her name hot, is being passed up for awards (even by her own target demo..see BET), and still feels quite anonymous as a personality. All while going from early 20s to closer to 30 (I need not stress the industry age bias).

Still rooting for her, but every so often the growing seriousness around her reality hits me and it's like...yikes. 

Edited by Cbreezy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.