Normani

URBAN

55 minutes ago, orange22 said:

I hope the Calvin song is the one that gets pushed on release day :wave: we need a mv as well 

Lets be real, Why would he push a Normani Tinashe feature when theres Justin Timberlake, Charlie Puth and Halsey

I hope does too

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• popularmoonlight

• AFullMoonlight

• remming

• nooniebao

interesting how this thread died after we got the Calvin collab announcement for August 5th . would be great if  it was released as a buzz single before then. if not hope we get the Candy Paint announcement or release before then.

1 hour ago, jdanton2 said:

interesting how this thread died after we got the Calvin collab announcement for August 5th . would be great if  it was released as a buzz single before then. if not hope we get the Candy Paint announcement or release before then.

It’s cool we’re getting the Calvin collab, but honestly.. No excitement at all. Her career is basically non existent as of now. Just a feature girl who sometimes models on Instagram lol her haters truly won.

If we get nothing about her actual solo career this week, no hint about it, then it’s go time

6 hours ago, popularmoonlight said:

It’s cool we’re getting the Calvin collab, but honestly.. No excitement at all. Her career is basically non existent as of now. Just a feature girl who sometimes models on Instagram lol her haters truly won.

If we get nothing about her actual solo career this week, no hint about it, then it’s go time

Yep. I think we all unconsciously agreed that we’ll revive the thread once Normani actually does something. 

No reason to rant and argue about delays. We’ll regroup when there’s something to regroup around. :campfire:

1 hour ago, Flare said:

Yep. I think we all unconsciously agreed that we’ll revive the thread once Normani actually does something. 

No reason to rant and argue about delays. We’ll regroup when there’s something to regroup around. :campfire:

That’s for the best before we all start group crying and meltdowns taking the whole page

fxwa.gif

2 hours ago, Flare said:

9 hours ago, popularmoonlight said:

Her career is basically non existent as of now. Just a feature girl who sometimes models on Instagram lol her haters truly won.

This hurts. They really won 

On 7/3/2022 at 11:37 AM, jdanton2 said:

There’s simply nothing to talk about. I’ll be happy to get the Calvin record but there is buzz or hype any longer. Her album itself could be DOA for all the mishandling and delays. Look what happened to Joy Ride, multiple singles and years for RCA to let her release that and it did a pitiful number first week then dropped like a rock. And Tinashe was a willing artist who actually worked. Normani is in for a double disaster with her method of working on top of being paired with an incompetent team

15 minutes ago, EnoughSaid said:

There’s simply nothing to talk about. I’ll be happy to get the Calvin record but there is buzz or hype any longer. Her album itself could be DOA for all the mishandling and delays. Look what happened to Joy Ride, multiple singles and years for RCA to let her release that and it did a pitiful number first week then dropped like a rock. And Tinashe was a willing artist who actually worked. Normani is in for a double disaster with her method of working on top of being paired with an incompetent team

sadly could happen.

1 minute ago, halfhabibi said:

On my last legs, @WheresJay @Modus any updates? ? anything we can look forward to in the next couple of weeks

Things are taking shape but nothing I can relay. Wishing her the best.

Welp, you know it's really bad when even WJ is lowkey giving up :toofunny2: Her music career was "fun" while it lasted I guess.

I got better tea than Where’s Jay.

Candy Paint August, VMA DEBUT Performance. You heard it here first. 

Then, the album rollout will follow. :beach:

Also, Normani has an acting project she’s doing. She’s been in acting classes like crazy. :beach:

Lastly, Major Beauty Brand deal coming for Q4 :beach:

Edited by Flare

17 minutes ago, Flare said:

I got better tea than Where’s Jay.

Candy Paint August, VMA DEBUT Performance. You heard it here first. 

Then, the album rollout will follow. :beach:

Also, Normani has an acting project she’s doing. She’s been in acting classes like crazy. :beach:

Lastly, Major Beauty Brand deal coming for Q4 :beach:

Spoiler

wishful thinking ? 

Edited by IvysPartition

looks like we’ve reached the end of the road you guys :deadbanana:

Not to add to the pessimism dogpile, but my gut is really telling me that Candy Paint is going to be the last proper release we get from her for a while (and maybe even ever) excluding random collabs here and there :rip: The song is very likely going to underperform RCA's expectations, and I think we'll see a combination of RCA being too scared to release and Normani feeling too dejected about flopping (she seemed really bummed Fair flopped despite it being obvious to literally everyone except her that it would :toofunny2:). Those two things will just further delay future releases until eventually everyone moves on and she focuses more on her brand deals, general public presence and maybe even pivoting to some sort of TV presence. 

the chokehold it got me in…. SMH ?‍♂️ 

1 hour ago, shelven said:

Not to add to the pessimism dogpile, but my gut is really telling me that Candy Paint is going to be the last proper release we get from her for a while (and maybe even ever) excluding random collabs here and there :rip: The song is very likely going to underperform RCA's expectations, and I think we'll see a combination of RCA being too scared to release and Normani feeling too dejected about flopping (she seemed really bummed Fair flopped despite it being obvious to literally everyone except her that it would :toofunny2:). Those two things will just further delay future releases until eventually everyone moves on and she focuses more on her brand deals, general public presence and maybe even pivoting to some sort of TV presence. 

Spoiler

she needs to be realistic, she’s not progressing naturally so she should expect to flop because she doesn’t release constantly and she’s not as popular as we think, plus she’s alienating her primary demography from 5H & Motivation. 

21 minutes ago, IvysPartition said:

Hide contents

she needs to be realistic, she’s not progressing naturally so she should expect to flop because she doesn’t release constantly and she’s not as popular as we think, plus she’s alienating her primary demography from 5H & Motivation. 

I mean... what do you expect when she has a team of yes-men around her that are constantly telling her she's the next superstar and that everything she does is instantly iconic and game-changing? :rip: I get that they all love her and are coming from a good place, but people like her mom and Joya aren't doing her any favours with the way they talk about her publicly. And that's not even getting started on the portion of her Twitter fanbase that refuses to ever concede that she/her team have made bad steps in her career and thinks that any and all criticism of her career makes you a fake fan who's secretly rooting for her downfall :toofunny2: I'd probably expect everything I release to smash too if that's all I ever saw and heard from the people around me and online.

The way none of us can even defend her anymore. I- :skull:

stanning normani has contributed to my depression at this point :bibliahh:

it's too much stress and empty promises :rip:

@Flare album rollout starting with candy paint or after ? If she doesn’t drop that pre order it’s really over lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.