Normani

URBAN

On 6/26/2022 at 7:27 AM, Motivation93 said:

Yeah this is bad lol. @WheresJay is RCA still backing her in the ways we thought ? Once again we love you for all the info always and obviously you have no control over this lol. Just wanted to know if you knew or were able to share if these specific pushbacks were due to her and her teams choices because of Beyoncé or the label? She really does need to drop now 

They are still supporting. They're trying to avoid having the song plummet on the chart due to a album bomb and struggle it's way back up like Wild Side did. They aren't competing with Beyonce, just simply trying to make sure Candy Paint has a run where it's chart potential isn't cut short. 

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• popularmoonlight

• AFullMoonlight

• Flare

• nooniebao

42 minutes ago, WheresJay said:

They are still supporting. They're trying to avoid having the song plummet on the chart due to a album bomb and struggle it's way back up like Wild Side did. They aren't competing with Beyonce, just simply trying to make sure Candy Paint has a run where it's chart potential isn't cut short. 

That slightly makes sense but I feel like it will be worse if they postpone it again. They're squandering the potential CP has (as well as the rapidly decreasing hype around Normani), especially with how summery it sounds...the album bomb will disappear the week after and again, CP sounds nothing alike to Break My Soul. A part of me feels like if pushed sooner rather than later, CP has a fighting chance.

1 hour ago, Crank_It_Up said:

That slightly makes sense but I feel like it will be worse if they postpone it again. They're squandering the potential CP has (as well as the rapidly decreasing hype around Normani), especially with how summery it sounds...the album bomb will disappear the week after and again, CP sounds nothing alike to Break My Soul. A part of me feels like if pushed sooner rather than later, CP has a fighting chance.

I agree with the end here.

My basic logic with CP’s release is like this:

If they drop CP (the latest) 2 weeks before Beyonce’s album comes on July 15, Candy Paint will still be establishing itself in the charts but it will fight hard and we’ll get some good press on how Normani finally dropped a bop for summer (and a bunch of other crap).  I doubt it’s going to get album bombed and forgotten completely. However, the risk factor is with Cardi dropping July 1, Drake still on the charts, rumored Nicki Minaj drop (album or single), then Beyonce’s album, it’s a hard month.

ON THE OTHER SIDE: If they drop after Beyonce, they’re basically dropping song of the summer in Fall. It also means maybe they should have dropped the Fair video or done some sort of high profile collab to fill the gap from April to August/September. 

Normani is backed into a bad place thanks to her team being afraid and not dropping back in May as originally planned. If she’s coming August, then we should just fully prepare to not whine about it all July. Hopefully, the filmed teaser comes early in July and they try to kickoff some kind of tiktok challenge to fill the July gap. 

18 hours ago, AFullMoonlight said:

And that “I dOn’t wAnT tO cOmPaRE” but I’m going to compare anyway thing is redundant. Literally every new Black girl in the industry is more consistent than Normani.

unfortunately EVERY other is really consistent lol.

i think normani's issue for me is even if we arent getting new music, she can at least be active on social media, she can post snippets, idk something to keep her in people's faces.

her team is very weird and i dont think they really know what to do with normani. i feel like another team would've struck gold with her because it's not hard. normani goes viral, normani has the engagement, it's really

not hard to push her. people wanna see her win. idk her team is expecting an all star debut but honestly had normani had a few projects out after motivation, she'd be a top star by now. 

so honestly all of this is starting to make me care less and less. love my girl dearly but this damn struggling take off, is sad. normani should've had an EP and album out by now, an EP after motivation would have been perfect followed by an album right around wild side or even before then because there was like a year or two gap if im not mistaken.

and dont get me started on her mama..

6 hours ago, popularmoonlight said:

Trying my hard not to think much about her - if I succeed at that, I might forget I was once really interested in her :toofunny3:  If FTN is right and there's no video shot yet, she can keep that song. Time is ticking. BET would've been a great platform yet nothing. Sometimes I think the industry is closed for her unless she actually smashes. And I lost all hope for an album this year (which is horrible). 

6 hours ago, dominickmcintee said:

Nope. Been waiting since i was 20 years old  and i’m gonna be 25 in August. The stan ship has sailed and i’m sure a lot her fans feel the same.

6 hours ago, hallucinate said:

she stopped being my #1 fave already so i’ll probably be a casual fan who checks up on her from time to time :ducky: which is sad considering i’ve been stanning her since i was in middle school and now i’m in uni :rip:

Same the fact that I was 20ish and now I tuned 25 this june and was hoping she drop it near my bday now its gonna be 5 years if it doesnt drop next year. There are so many artist like Kesha, Tinashe, Becky G with english music and others that wished they had the opportunity that Normani had and I wish Normani took advantage of having such a huge celebrity/public rooting for her following.

2 hours ago, WheresJay said:

At this point it doesnt matter if it plummets or not. If the song is good it will stay. I'm thinking about Ava Max 2 songs that charted, Don't Start Now beginning the era with Dua and a few other artist. If the song is good it will stick despite lots of album bombs.

This is entirely their fault for waiting all this time until superstars are releasing to push this single. There is NO reason why this shouldn't have come out around March instead of "Fair".

She had a hit with "Wild Side". They had to follow-up with another hit. Instead they went with a non-starter downtempo ballad that even Hellen Keller could've told you would bomb. If it was Normani herself that pushed for that, well she made a really stupid decision.

36 minutes ago, Flare said:

I agree with the end here.

My basic logic with CP’s release is like this:

If they drop CP (the latest) 2 weeks before Beyonce’s album comes on July 15, Candy Paint will still be establishing itself in the charts but it will fight hard and we’ll get some good press on how Normani finally dropped a bop for summer (and a bunch of other crap).  I doubt it’s going to get album bombed and forgotten completely. However, the risk factor is with Cardi dropping July 1, Drake still on the charts, rumored Nicki Minaj drop (album or single), then Beyonce’s album, it’s a hard month.

ON THE OTHER SIDE: If they drop after Beyonce, they’re basically dropping song of the summer in Fall. It also means maybe they should have dropped the Fair video or done some sort of high profile collab to fill the gap from April to August/September. 

Normani is backed into a bad place thanks to her team being afraid and not dropping back in May as originally planned. If she’s coming August, then we should just fully prepare to not whine about it all July. Hopefully, the filmed teaser comes early in July and they try to kickoff some kind of tiktok challenge to fill the July gap. 

They should honestly drop with Cardi. With Wild Side doing well with Cardi they should build hype around each other and interact on social media about loving each others song. There is no lose to dropping the song next week.

Candy Paint if the song really is that good will stay and have longevity on the charts and she can pull a Fifth Harmony reflection and have the Second and Third single be smashes like Worth It.

18 minutes ago, Topaz said:

They should honestly drop with Cardi. With Wild Side doing well with Cardi they should build hype around each other and interact on social media about loving each others song. There is no lose to dropping the song next week.

Candy Paint if the song really is that good will stay and have longevity on the charts and she can pull a Fifth Harmony reflection and have the Second and Third single be smashes like Worth It.

THIS MAKES SO MUCH SENSE.

These music industry people almost never listen to fans (with good reason), but if I was in Normani’s circle and they had Candy Paint 100% ready to go, dropping with Cardi would be genius.

Them interacting and the viral tweets about them (and Beyonce) carrying the summer would be endless. People love a group project tweet.  :beach:

56 minutes ago, Topaz said:

At this point it doesnt matter if it plummets or not. If the song is good it will stay. I'm thinking about Ava Max 2 songs that charted, Don't Start Now beginning the era with Dua and a few other artist. If the song is good it will stick despite lots of album bombs.

Exactly this. Album bombs don’t kill actual hits, they just kill songs that were only ever going to be stuck in the “not quite a hit but not quite a flop” purgatory. And Beyonce’s album bomb will only last 1 week, refusing to release a single at ANY point before that week because you’re scared of an eventual one-week dip is ridiculous :toofunny2: If that’s actually what RCA is thinking, then clearly they don’t have nearly as much confidence in Normani as we’re being told they do :skull:

If August is the date, beginning of July is the PERFECT time to be teasing. Personally, IG post tease of CP. Tik Toks the next week. Drop the cover art + album announcement. 

1 hour ago, halfhabibi said:

If August is the date, beginning of July is the PERFECT time to be teasing. Personally, IG post tease of CP. Tik Toks the next week. Drop the cover art + album announcement. 

Exactly, CP teaser, album presave (not CP presave). Album name announced. Official “album is coming in (month A or month B) we haven’t decided but one of those months” announcement with Harper’s Bazaar, W magazine cover or something. Start teasing album collabs more specifically. Announcing new brand deals. 

Basically in short, start a soft album rollout MIXED with the CP rollout and everyone will enjoy July for what it is (a necessary wait) and be hyped for August.:giraffe:

Edited by Flare

2 hours ago, halfhabibi said:

Lol, y’all expect too much.

Remember when she had a Fair tiktok audio ready to go and launched it with tiktokers to help it gain traction?

They need to do that again. Official snippets DO go viral all the time (Have Mercy)

also idk why normani's team seems to only be obsessed w the VMAs lol, im sure theyre gunna push for a performance there... AGAIN

8 hours ago, Aaliyah Kylie said:

also idk why normani's team seems to only be obsessed w the VMAs lol, im sure theyre gunna push for a performance there... AGAIN

The VMAs seems to be the only award show with opened doors to her. The last time she performed anywhere else was with Love Lies - back in 2018 at the BBMAs? However, I feel like she could get BBMAs again only because Brandon has connections with Billboard high ups. The thing is once again, Normani will only be welcomed in the industry again if she gets a smash. We're not the only ones aware of her lack of music - why would anyone support an act thatn doesn't put music out? Spotify is a clear example of that, they pay her full dust. They support acts that release constantly. She doesn't bring them much streams, so why would they support her? Same goes for other outlets. 

I really don't understand how Candy Paint's MV isn't shot yet. What exactly is she doing in this mean time? I thought she was working throughout the whole month of May but for what exactly? If there is no CP mv, why not just randomly drop Fair's MV and let your fans happy for at least a week? So many questions. If we're really seeing an August release for CP, I don't know how that would work. We know a bunch of people has this record, let's hope it doesn't leak.

celeb news] Ava Max on New Album: It's basically heartbreak on the dance  floor." - Celebria - ATRL

1 minute ago, Khamis said:

@FAN birds of a feather. There interactions take me OUT:dies:

By there interactions you mean Camila constantly @‘ing her while Normani is silent and Normani’s mom constantly tags her in throwbacks :ahh:

Just now, FAN said:

By there interactions you mean Camila constantly @‘ing her while Normani is silent and Normani’s mom constantly tags her in throwbacks :ahh:

:bibliahh: All while no follows exchanged! It SENDS ME every time. Being a week late, she really could have sat this one out :dies:

20 minutes ago, Khamis said:

@FAN Queens of Controversy . There interactions take me OUT:dies:

18 minutes ago, FAN said:

These girls have been interacting waaaay too much. 5H 10 years anniversary is coming next month huh.... 

• ATRL Moderator

She had time to film a music video for Chris Brown but not her own song… where are the priorities 

Just really annoyed, that song is the summer type of song, August is way too late, that's the ending of summer, are they dumb, ugh they're so freaking annoying. 

54 minutes ago, Khamis said:

@FAN Queens of Controversy . There interactions take me OUT:dies:

although controversial to most this is kinda sweet? these two grew up together and i’m sure camila knew how much this meant to her as a lifelong CB fan 

Edited by dominickmcintee

1 hour ago, wehavetostan said:

She had time to film a music video for Chris Brown but not her own song… where are the priorities 

Yeah this is what’s throwing me if the CP video really isn’t done 

Reshooting the video like it's a feature film :rip: 

4 minutes ago, Kool_Aid_King said:

Reshooting the video like it's a feature film :rip: 

I think it's a lie that there's any reshoots. First, some claimed the MV was shot and done. Then, they were doing reshots - why exactly would reshoots be needed? :rip: You normally get things right while filming, it's really hard to go back and do it again. It takes money and time. Doubt it ever happens with ANY artist besides really rich ones. And now - the same insiders are claiming she never shot an actual video but instead it was some random videos like she did for Wild Side. So I'm sure no one really knows what's happening with Candy Paint right now and just making stuff up. I'm choosing to believe nothing has been filmed. 

Y’all don’t know what she’s been working on. What exists what doesn’t exists. She clearly films stuff without the super fans knowing. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.