Normani

URBAN

And now she has the nerve to sit on Twitter and retweet the few positive tweets she can find. There's no way in hell she's not seeing the tidal wave of criticism. Tone deaf as hell.

Honestly, maybe this is the universe's way of working things out because I've been desperately looking for a way to distance myself from her after how frustrating the last few months have been, but I haven't been able to get myself to do it. So I guess that problem's solved now :toofunny2:

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• popularmoonlight

• AFullMoonlight

• Flare

• nooniebao

6 minutes ago, Flare said:

This is sad because Jeri actually BEEN THERE since 5H days and I actually remember when Chris Brown dragged Normani, Dinah, Tinashe, Kehlani, and Zendaya and Jeri was defending. Jeri also does radio adds requests, she’s actually a OG. I really wonder how this video came to be considering Normani knows Chris Brown ate her, and her friends up! 

With that said, this is making Normani so relevant I’m sorry. Promo is promo. She’s actually trending #1 in the US all of a cameo. Also, Shade Room and all the “urban” blogs are rushing to post the dance scene and every single post is viral with praise in the comments. I never seen nothing like this. IG and Twitter could not be more divided on this. :rip:

Not a Chris fan or supporter but that’s not surprising. She’s even being defended on Twitter too. He’s easily the biggest male R&B act in the US (and arguably globally) of the last 15 years. And still has a decently large base of support. 

But I disagree that this is a positive thing in any way. Pissing off her base of support when things are so fragile for her isn’t really a good thing.

She needs to retire at this point :deadbanana2: you wanna be Lori Harvey so bad

8 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

and how much of this will translate into streams? :rip:

lbr the only thing she’s going to gain from this is a few more extra IG followers and she will most likely lose them later since she’s not that active so :ducky:

Normani needs her name out there before we talk about streams. She’s been on the back burner since Wild Side. Any smart artist and team would use this moment to rush out Candy Paint (with video and all of that) and change the narrative to a positive, but nooooo

6 minutes ago, EnoughSaid said:

But even on shade room a lot of the comments are just cracks about him being with a dark skin woman. Normani better use this attention and announce her own project instead cause otherwise it’s truly pointless and clown move on her part

I don’t see that. I saw mainly positives and people talking about real R&B coming back. Also, see the above. 

5 minutes ago, nooniebao said:

Not a Chris fan or supporter but that’s not surprising. She’s even being defended on Twitter too. He’s easily the biggest male R&B act in the US (and arguably globally) of the last 15 years. And still has a decently large base of support. 

I do see some Chris Brown fans jumping to Normani’s defense because their position is that he’s a changed man and hate when people box him into old situations. Also, I see some general praise. It’s really just stan twitter (for now) where all the backlash is located. Everyone from pop fans to rap fans are using this chance to whack Normani finally. This is why the Nation on twitter should have never been taking on barbz, camilizers, swifities, anitters, and more because they were waiting for this type of slip up. 

EDIT: Also I want to emphasize that this isn’t a positive right now, but it needs to be turned into one otherwise it’ll just be a drag against her. It doesn’t destroy or hurt her career imo. Twitter is very dramatic, but Chris Brown literally is being blasted on any given Urban or Rhythmic station in the US right now. Like let’s not get too crazy with the “backlash” claims. :rip:

Edited by Flare

The general public does not hate Chris Brown. I don't know if this is going to do anything for her career but they don't hate him whatsoever. It's totally a stan thing so this will blow over and once candy paint is released they will all come back.

12 minutes ago, Flare said:

With that said, this is making Normani so relevant I’m sorry. Promo is promo. She’s actually trending #1 in the US all of a cameo. Also, Shade Room and all the “urban” blogs are rushing to post the dance scene and every single post is viral with praise in the comments. I never seen nothing like this. IG and Twitter could not be more divided on this. :rip:

That's true. I'm seeing lots of praise too  :deadbanana4:  as much as I dislike whatever is happening at least she should get on the hype lol but we all know she won't

I don’t care for CB at all, but Stan Twitter is just that. CB with everything he has done still manages to have a very successful career because people generally don’t care about his personal life if they like his music. It’s sad, but it’s the truth. That goes for any other problematic celebrity or entertainer. Out of touch is thinking this cameo is going to do more harm to her career than her being radio silent for year did. She’s trending #1 right now despite the fact that major artist just made some comebacks.

Now would absolutely be the smartest time to start teasing her music to capitalize off the attention. 

3 minutes ago, Flare said:

Normani needs her name out there before we talk about streams. She’s been on the back burner since Wild Side. Any smart artist and team would use this moment to rush out Candy Paint (with video and all of that) and change the narrative to a positive, but nooooo

I don’t see that. I saw mainly positives and people talking about real R&B coming back. Also, see the above. 

I do see some Chris Brown fans jumping to Normani’s defense because their position is that he’s a changed man and hate when people box him into old situations. Also, I see some general praise. It’s really just stan twitter (for now) where all the backlash is located. Everyone from pop fans to rap fans are using this chance to whack Normani finally. This is why the Nation on twitter should have never been taking on barbz, camilizers, swifities, anitters, and more because they were waiting for this type of slip up. 

What does that matter when she isn’t even on the song? She’s his video girl. If you didn’t look beyond the first top comments most of them are dark skin girl cracks which reduces her even further 

Drake, Summer Walker, Rihanna,Ariana,HER,Jack Harlow,Latto..dont make me count them all. If yall gonna be mad at her, be mad because of hunger for music, not the working with an abuser excuse

Normani fans have every reason to be me mad tho, this is directed to people who are using selective outrage to bash her

If it's just 'selective stan Twitter outrage', why does she need to announce music to capitalize on attention? :deadbanana4: Please stand up! omg

7 minutes ago, PlayingWithFire said:

Yeah the more I look at the response from Stan Twitter vs The Shade Room, it's so clear (if it wasn't already) that stan twitter does not reflect reality whatsoever. Normani will be fine and this could even help her tbh. Twitter blowing this way out of proportion and Nation are acting like Armies :rip:

I had this weird revelation as well. (Idk why I was so shocked bc stan Twitter literally never reflects reality) She’s being PRAISED on IG. Also people in real life and the industry support CB so again not too shocking.

Either way… I don’t really care about who thinks what…. It is a bit disappointing TO ME regardless.

2 minutes ago, NormaniReign said:

Drake, Summer Walker, Rihanna,Ariana,HER,Jack Harlow,Latto..dont make me count them all. If yall gonna be mad at her, be mad because of hunger for music, not the working with an abuser excuse

Normani fans have every reason to be me mad tho, this is directed to people who are using selective outrage to bash her

Yeah I’m leave it at this. I could have saved that wall of text I posted and just let you send this instead :deadbanana2:

Haters will use this to drag Normani

Stan twitter and IG and two different worlds, two separate reactions, two different audiences as well

Also, can we just get Candy Paint? We didn’t need a CB moment at all and I rather her dance in a Bruno or Bieber video.  :gaycat3:

TBH, this is only going to alienate her core fanbase (Liberal women + gay men). The general public is definitely gonna love this, but that doesn't mean anything. They probably won't become Normani stans or start defending her online. 

--

This clip just resurfaced and damn :deadbanana2:

"I'm Different" :rip: :rip:  Can't even take this outta context. Karla being the voice of reason of all people :toofunny3:

I am honestly disappointed, but it’s just me. I know Chris has been quietly gaining support again but I’d never respect him…

But I guess this puts her name out in the limelight again, even though the twitter lashings are ruthless (as fully deserved). :toofunny3:

CAPITALIZE THIS AND ANNOUNCE CP!!!!

Edited by Crank_It_Up

The thing is this isn't even a feature, all she does is just dance in the video. How is this supposed to help her career as a musician when people who watch the video won't even know what she sounds like singing? :rip: All this does is solidify her image as a dancer/model for the GP, why would that inspire them to check out her music?  

9 minutes ago, Flare said:

Bieber video.  :gaycat3:

this would be just as bad. 

11 minutes ago, Kool_Aid_King said:

TBH, this is only going to alienate her core fanbase (Liberal women + gay men). The general public is definitely gonna love this, but that doesn't mean anything. They probably won't become Normani stans or start defending her online. 

--

This clip just resurfaced and damn :deadbanana2:

"I'm Different" :rip: :rip:  Can't even take this outta context. Karla being the voice of reason of all people :toofunny3:

This will do nothing to career if not help her...The very same gays who support Nickis pedo fetish. Trust me, people who are mad at her will be mad at whatever she does. I wish she was actually featured on the song:dies:.The moment yall learn stan twitter doesnt reflect to real life, its for the best. She looked amazing on the video 

10 minutes ago, Not Like The Movies said:

this would be just as bad. 

CRYING :deadbanana2:

I quit. We really can’t win. :lakitu:

1 minute ago, Flare said:

CRYING :deadbanana2:

I quit. We really can’t win. :lakitu:

Bruno would be great! 

and the Weeknd! 

It’s the way y’all are saying twitter isn’t real life now (which I fully agree with) but use her going “viral” or trending in the same breath to make this seem like some kind of success

14 minutes ago, EnoughSaid said:

It’s the way y’all are saying twitter isn’t real life now (which I fully agree with) but use her going “viral” or trending in the same breath to make this seem like some kind of success

I don’t see this moving the needle in one way or another if I look past my disappointment tbh. Like looking at this objectively I don’t think she will be seriously hurt or helped by this in any way re: the trajectory of her music career. Which makes the move even more baffling :rip:

Chile.. let me go stream Wild Side and pretend Normani retired after that 

3 minutes ago, nooniebao said:

I don’t see this moving the needle in one way or another if I look past my disappointment tbh. Like looking at this objectively I don’t think she will be seriously hurt or helped by this in any way re: the trajectory of her music career. Which makes the move even more baffling :rip:

It was shocking at first but this CB song about to flop. Let’s all get back to Candy Paint and act like this never happened. :eli:

So I ranted. Went to a few meetings. Three hours later, she’s still trending and there’s not a CP snippet, an announcement, a whisper of her own musical release? :coffee2:

I am truly in awe that she did this and that she’s trending for it. Stunned. I hate trying to ignore shitty behavior by a fave, because I really want her to win.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.