Normani

URBAN

We really need this before July 4th cookouts. 

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• popularmoonlight

• AFullMoonlight

• Flare

• nooniebao

16 hours ago, Flare said:

Reveal hidden contents

also just for @shelven, normani’s mom is ranting and raving again on twitter. Something must be happening soon. :eli:

She's still going today :deadbanana2: :deadbanana2:

10 minutes ago, shelven said:

She's still going today :deadbanana2: :deadbanana2:

She must be coming soon then ddd lmao.

11 hours ago, Crank_It_Up said:

Lmaoooooo come thru Jay with the swift shut down! Wish it was July 1st though. :sad:

Fingers crossed NO pushbacks, anything after July would be absolutely ridiculous and detrimental.

We’re already past ridiculous. Honestly idk how Normani isn’t embarrassed with the state of things

Let me put my hopes in an August release so that anything before that seems like a surprise. 

My DMs are open as well 

1 hour ago, Jai said:

We really need this before July 4th cookouts. 

The least she and rca could do but even that won’t happen. I’m honestly sick she is missing the summer. No matter what happens a fall or even worse 2023 album release is just so bad. 

1 hour ago, PlayingWithFire said:

Given how she’s super hard on herself, she probably is. Release dates are probably out of her control

I wish she'd talk about it like other artists do. At least the internet would help her somehow. But, if the MV is not done yet as some assume - then there's really nothing we can do lol 

1 hour ago, EnoughSaid said:

We’re already past ridiculous. Honestly idk how Normani isn’t embarrassed with the state of things

:sad:

About to be one year anniversary from  Wild Side and there’s still no album or even more than one new single…it IS embarrassing.

But at least be honest about it, I feel like we’d be more emphatic to her situation as a whole if she wasn’t so tight-lipped and so quiet about literally everything.

6 minutes ago, nooniebao said:

This is from yesterday. It looks like some kind of interview but I wonder what for ?

the reason I’m hard on Normani is because I do think a majority of this has been her doing. Maybe label politics are more at play these days but she had ample amount of chances to do more in the last 4 years but kept with this perfectionist bull. If I were RCA I’d take charge too 

2 hours ago, EnoughSaid said:

No matter what happens a fall or even worse 2023 album release is just so bad. 

:rip:

6 minutes ago, EnoughSaid said:

If I were RCA I’d take charge too 

To be honest I've had a really difficult time understanding why so many people have such a negative tone when they talk about the idea of RCA taking over her decision-making :rip: Like... what decisions has Normani made so far that people would be sad not to see her making anymore? Because "not releasing" and "scrapping near-complete albums" are basically the only major decisions she's made during the last 4 years :toofunny2: If RCA taking more direct control means we actually get music from her, then go for it.

4 minutes ago, shelven said:

To be honest I've had a really difficult time understanding why so many people have such a negative tone when they talk about the idea of RCA taking over her decision-making :rip: Like... what decisions has Normani made so far that people would be sad not to see her making anymore? Because "not releasing" and "scrapping near-complete albums" are basically the only major decisions she's made during the last 4 years :toofunny2: If RCA taking more direct control means we actually get music from her, then go for it.

Right. And I fully believe she’s had a big say for the most part and they’re only cracking down now if they are. Probably after her selected single flopped but I also blame them for letting her release Fair. It did not take a genius to know that one wasn’t gonna work so they set ha up! :deadbanana4:

Do you guys think if she dropped an excellent video for Fair that it would revive the song and catch the eye of the GP?

3 minutes ago, dominickmcintee said:

Do you guys think if she dropped an excellent video for Fair that it would revive the song and catch the eye of the GP?

Now? No. At best, the song would get a bit of a streaming bump for like a week and then disappear again. Nothing's going to turn it into a stable streaming hit or revive it on radio.

If she had released it at the same time as the song? I think that could have maybe extended the life of the song's (very short :skull:) run, and it would have almost certainly made the song chart on the Hot 100, but honestly I think Fair was always doomed to fail from a commercial standpoint. And I say that as one of Fair's biggest defenders from a music quality standpoint - it's a great song, but it's not what anybody wanted from Normani coming out of an 8 month break after Wild Side.

38 minutes ago, shelven said:

I'm serious. This is what she needs lol. 

We have a twitter person who alleges they're close to her team that is saying July 8 ? not tryna start anything but jay did say one month wait @WheresJay

Edited by halfhabibi

It’s so fun coming here after my corporate 9-5 in a big bank to see everybody’s meltdowns :rip: please don’t ever stop yall :ahh:

Spoiler

That **** is NOT coming at the beginning of July ?

16 minutes ago, wildsidenormani said:

It’s so fun coming here after my corporate 9-5 in a big bank to see everybody’s meltdowns :rip: please don’t ever stop yall :ahh:

Hide contents

We are happy to make your days.

4 hours ago, shelven said:

I hate to say it but I agree. It's been way too long. Also I am not sure she actually knows how to pick the right singles after Fair. A song can be great and wonderful but not single material :toofunny2: 

3 hours ago, halfhabibi said:

We have a twitter person who alleges they're close to her team that is saying July 8 ? not tryna start anything but jay did say one month wait @WheresJay

Noo! She needs to release on a new moon! Most Waxing/Full Moon releases flop :rip: She needs to drop July 1 or July 29 for a smash :coffee2:

6 minutes ago, Camilitau.u said:

Noo! She needs to release on a new moon! Most Waxing/Full Moon releases flop :rip: She needs to drop July 1 or July 29 for a smash :coffee2:

….

2 hours ago, Camilitau.u said:

I mean, this is more strategy than whatever RCA and Brandon are cooking up. I say we go with it. Her astrology era :giraffe:

Edited by Flare

3 hours ago, wildsidenormani said:

Reveal hidden contents

I thought bank people worked 9-7 not 9-5

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.