• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• popularmoonlight

• AFullMoonlight

• Flare

• nooniebao

Just now, AFullMoonlight said:

Is DUI the blinding lights sounding song? 

Allegedly 

From what I've heard about DUI it sounds like it's from a completely different era of music. I can see how fair, candy paint, and wildside go together. It seems like they could work together within an album but for DUI I heard it's more 80's and that just doesn't sound like it's fits her 90s 2000s theme. Tbh I feel like she probably has much stronger material on the album than just the singles that we've heard so far. If it's really that weak of a song I hope she finds a way to put it as a bonus track or something. ? 

Personally I'd love to hear a more 80s sounding song from her, even if it doesn't match the "cohesion" of the rest of the album. Her studio vocals always sound excellent on pop music and I really think she could elevate that sound. When it comes out, I have a feeling I'll be in the minority praising it while everyone else drags it for being too pop :toofunny2:

5 minutes ago, shelven said:

Personally I'd love to hear a more 80s sounding song from her, even if it doesn't match the "cohesion" of the rest of the album. Her studio vocals always sound excellent on pop music and I really think she could elevate that sound. When it comes out, I have a feeling I'll be in the minority praising it while everyone else drags it for being too pop :toofunny2:

I would actually enjoy a fun poppy record from her as long as it's not boring. From what I've heard about DUI people are saying it's boring. If she does end up putting it out I hope she puts an interesting spin on it and adds something in terms of the production/vocals. 

1 hour ago, WheresJay said:

Yes.

Well that’s something to be excited about! I just want material.

Normani is wrong for lot of this things but i agree with her on this one. The fact that a song like Blinding Lights is on the album is a red flag for me

RCA is really messing her creative process. Despite Fair being a weak single choice atleast its still sonically cohesive with CP and WildSide and fits the album sound. A song like Slow down and BL are out of place in this project. RCA setting my sis up for critical lashings.

I'd rather have an album full of R&B 2000s mid tempos than a compilation sounding album. Hopefully she stands her ground and has a final say. CP video better be good. Its a chance to prove them wrong

I hope they move fast i have a feeling the song is about to leak in full 

1 minute ago, dominickmcintee said:

I hope they move fast i have a feeling the song is about to leak in full 

I’ve had that feeling too. Same with fair but idk it never happens with her. Maybe no one cares to leak it :rip:

Oh how far we’ve come since when she had her dancers dancing to clicks shooting the Motivation video :rip:

48 minutes ago, shelven said:

I do wonder how long of a leash RCA has given her. If Candy Paint underperforms, I have to imagine they're going to be like "okay you're terrible at this, you don't get to pick your singles anymore" :toofunny2:

Ok but when I said this like a month ago, everyone was boo-ing and throwing tomatoes at me. 

In my opinion, that’s where this is heading hence why I said, Candy Paint doing well is like her “last chance” to keep the control she has now. The label will start choosing every single and collab if she messes this up. 

9 minutes ago, Khamis said:

I’ve had that feeling too. Same with fair but idk it never happens with her. Maybe no one cares to leak it :rip:

Oh how far we’ve come since when she had her dancers dancing to clicks shooting the Motivation video :rip:

I’ve heard two different snippets of the HQ version of CP which is really rare for her so they better get the ball rolling before her moment is ruined

Normani is not a draw in 2022 and it's her own damn fault. There was a moment where people were begging to get her on their songs, videos and writing camp... we don't live in that era anymore. LL & DWAS really was a missed opportunity she didn't capitalize off of. Even in 2020 when she was in WAP, her name was trending for WEEKS... she didn't capitalize off of it AT ALL. 

Candy Paint is gonna be a flop. The label + Normani is going to fumble it the same way they fumbled Wild Side & Fair. They want organic success but don't realize that's damn near impossible. 

The Slow Down slander will not be tolerated! Y'all are tasteless. Even if its a generic song, it's still great. I love her delivery in it and I love bopping to it. I'm sure I'd enjoy DUI because I love BL and that 80s synth sound. Also wanted to add that - it should not be a surprise if Normani doesn't get much creative control, I never really understood how her label allowed her to move the way she did. So for them to take it away from her, it would just be at her own fault lol had her released that generic material she had during Motivation, things would be looking different now. But oh well. 

Now that Chloe is releasing, I wish they'd hurry up so they could go """against""" each other. I love both and I want both of them to win always, but what's better than a little rivalry between fandoms trying to find out who does better (and that means each fandom streaming more, promoting more, etc).  :cm:  I really don't like that July date. 

I definitely don't think candy paint is gonna be a flop. Normani is still talked about constantly. The buzz is there honestly. It's just about the execution. Her visuals are always exceptional. So if candy paint comes with a video I definitely see it doing well. People said similar things about her hype before wildside came out and then.....it became her highest debut so....... 

I need RCA to leave that tracklist alone unless they’re making it BETTER because this long wait means the quality HAS to be there :dancehall3: 

DWAS has an older vibe to it imo but still feels fresh. So I don’t think I would mind a blinding lights/80’s sound as long as it’s good within the context of the album.

4 minutes ago, popularmoonlight said:

Now that Chloe is releasing, I wish they'd hurry up so they could go """against""" each other. I love both and I want both of them to win always, but what's better than a little rivalry between fandoms trying to find out who does better (and that means each fandom streaming more, promoting more, etc).  :cm:  I really don't like that July date. 

Spoiler

I’ve lowkey been expecting them to milk this “rivalry” since they’re both with Sony :dies: all of their recent releases have been close too 

31 minutes ago, orange22 said:
  Hide contents

I’ve lowkey been expecting them to milk this “rivalry” since they’re both with Sony :dies: all of their recent releases have been close too 

We all know who  would win in the end ?

Edited by dominickmcintee

3 minutes ago, dominickmcintee said:

We all know who  would win in the end ?

That's not the point, and please let's not start this in this thread. Both are winning.

5 hours ago, dominickmcintee said:

a fifth harmony tik tok just went viral and she has several hit tweets about her on twitter in the last weeks at least her name is getting out there despite her not doing much 

I found the TikTok you were referring to (at least I assume it's the same one) and I cannot stop laughing :dies: This girl really went IN

It's this one if anyone who's been here since the 5H days wants a laugh:

12 minutes ago, shelven said:

I found the TikTok you were referring to (at least I assume it's the same one) and I cannot stop laughing :dies: This girl really went IN

This brought me literally to tears. I really think it was purposeful to get the girls talking. They were messy like that :dies:

“it looks like they gave them all $50 and tells them to go pick out an outfit at forever 21” TOOK ME OUT 

Edited by Khamis

56 minutes ago, Khamis said:

I really think it was purposeful to get the girls talking.

19 minutes ago, PlayingWithFire said:

What a trainwreck of a group but I loved every minute of it :rip:

Part of me really believes that the chaotic messy decisions were accidental at first, but their team eventually started intentionally leaning into the chaos because they knew that's what both the fans and outsiders were interested in :toofunny2: Like basically every single 5H stan has thoughts somewhere along the lines of "they were such a mess but that made them fun to follow" and their team must have caught onto that :dies:

1 hour ago, shelven said:

poor dinah ? say what you want but those were my girls!

Our girls... They went through hell 

kii-laughing.gif

17 hours ago, WheresJay said:

They don’t. They have 2 songs. Let’s hope the second one doesn’t get released….

sksksksksks not me coming back here to you trashing DUI in the base thread after I sent it to you :WAP: Exactly as you should king, it's diabolical.

When I first posted about it I really tried to keep it cool and not say too much about how I really felt. I still stand by my words of calling it a cheap copy of blinding lights - and this is what I'm concerned about; if it's ever released then I fear people will go in on her for trying to emulate blinding lights. There's even a lyric in it that goes "I must be blinded by all of your lights" - not someone trying to set my sis up :rip: As Jay said let's hope it's not released. 

t1rno9os

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.