Normani

URBAN

5 minutes ago, Flare said:

Assuming this is true, then that Candy Paint snippet from the party that *magically leaked* and Normani was “mad about” could have been basically staged to get the fans to turn the tides and get Candy Paint to win out against the other song.

EDIT: I have 0 clue who in her circle staged it. She could have had involvement or someone else in the mix could have done it. Who knows ?

Even more interesting when you factor in the fact that the CEO and COO of her label were at the Fair release party where Candy Paint (and maybe other unreleased songs meant for the eventual album) were played.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• popularmoonlight

• AFullMoonlight

• Flare

• nooniebao

7 minutes ago, Flare said:

Assuming this is true, then that Candy Paint snippet from the party that *magically leaked* and Normani was “mad about” could have been basically staged to get the fans to turn the tides and get Candy Paint to win out against the other song.

EDIT: I have 0 clue who in her circle staged it. She could have had involvement or someone else in the mix could have done it. Who knows ?

Also… when has she ever named a song like she did in that IG Live before announcing it. She’s pushed for this one. She’s also had Starrah and Tommy Brown come forward lol. 

16 minutes ago, WheresJay said:

Also… when has she ever named a song like she did in that IG Live before announcing it. She’s pushed for this one. She’s also had Starrah and Tommy Brown come forward lol

I definitely noticed that. The way they came forward and claimed the song all because of a…dark car ig story snippet Normani posted?

Like that’s all it took? Y’all were a bit too thirsty or someone asked y’all to step to the mic and claim the track. :what:

edit: @nooniebao exactly. It’s all so weird. I definitely feel like we don’t have Candy Paint due to label politics and marketing strategy etc. I’m not getting the “Normani probably delayed this” vibe like usual. 

Edited by Flare

Ready for our Halsey "I want to release this song but the label's being fake and messy" viral moment :eli:

5 minutes ago, shelven said:

Ready for our Halsey "I want to release this song but the label's being fake and messy" viral moment :eli:

Then Normani does a tiktok live and cries. Says she’s in a “slave contract” with RCA and how they made her work even on Christmas.

The GP will eat it up and start stanning. They just wanted confirmation all these years that her deal (or team) is bad so they can “save her”. People just wanna feel apart of something big. :bird:

1 hour ago, WheresJay said:

Also… when has she ever named a song like she did in that IG Live before announcing it. She’s pushed for this one. She’s also had Starrah and Tommy Brown come forward lol. 

I’m loving how much we’re getting yet I’m still sad about “summer’s gonna be lit”  AT LEAST give me the fair mv! 

a fifth harmony tik tok just went viral and she has several hit tweets about her on twitter in the last weeks at least her name is getting out there despite her not doing much 

36 minutes ago, dominickmcintee said:

a fifth harmony tik tok just went viral and she has several hit tweets about her on twitter in the last weeks at least her name is getting out there despite her not doing much 

Now honestly feels like a very appropriate time to release a Candy Paint snippet, she is being talked about a lot these past few days

Just now, halfhabibi said:

@WheresJay Is there a particular reason you don't like the other song that was sent out? 

As stated before, it does nothing and doesn't fit anywhere next to WS, CP or Fair. Knowing her taste, she doesn't like it either. You can tell by the vocal performance. It's Slow Down all over again but even more generic. 

2 minutes ago, PlayingWithFire said:

I know Waiting 4 U is supposedly scrapped but I can't help but think of it when I read this post. Do you think that other song will be on the album since they're going with CP for the single?

Yeah, the song I'm talking about should be right next to W4U. I hope it's not! If so, a bonus track. 

20 minutes ago, WheresJay said:

It's Slow Down all over again but even more generic. 

Speaking of Slow Down, do you know if she’s on Calvin’s album at all?

31 minutes ago, WheresJay said:

It's Slow Down all over again but even more generic. 

Oop glad we're in agreement Slow Down is overrated and boring :sistrens: Checklist stans won!

6 minutes ago, itscomingitsreal said:

Speaking of Slow Down, do you know if she’s on Calvin’s album at all?

Yes.

So it’s interesting that we’ve heard with Wild Side and Fair that she fought to have those released over an uptempo that her label preferred. I assumed Candy Paint was that uptempo, but now it sounds like she’s pushing this the same way she pushed the others, which is concerning because the label treated the other two releases a certain way, and she might be setting herself up to carry this release on her own again…and WHAT are these other uptempos her labels wants that she keeps sabotaging? Was DUI the one they pushed that she doesn’t like? :rip:

29 minutes ago, WheresJay said:

As stated before, it does nothing and doesn't fit anywhere next to WS, CP or Fair. Knowing her taste, she doesn't like it either. You can tell by the vocal performance. It's Slow Down all over again but even more generic. 

This base and the constant Slow Down slander, I truly cannot.

wait-cant.gif

1 minute ago, tachiwaka said:

So it’s interesting that we’ve heard with Wild Side and Fair that she fought to have those released over an uptempo that her label preferred. I assumed Candy Paint was that uptempo, but now it sounds like she’s pushing this the same way she pushed the others, which is concerning because the label treated the other two releases a certain way, and she might be setting herself up to carry this release on her own again…and WHAT are these other uptempos her labels wants that she keeps sabotaging? Was DUI the one they pushed that she doesn’t like? :rip:

wait-cant.gif

I believe songs like DUI are being pushed by the label and she's fighting against it, thank God. Candy Paint is truly the way to go. 

And Slow Down is hated by her for a reason... it does nothing. Has no punch, no face. 

Interesting! It’ll be interesting to see if they shoehorn any of these other songs onto the album, because it seems she’s gotten her way so far. Which is actually pretty admirable for someone in her position.

lmao so is this why she posted that WS snippet last year of her on the lawn in lingerie, to convince the label that people would like the song? And then Cardi jumped on and the rest is history. That would absolutely explain posting that snippet and the Fair snippet so far ahead of the releases - she wasn’t teasing, she was testing. I didn’t think Normani was such a strategy queen!

And also

18 minutes ago, shelven said:

Oop glad we're in agreement Slow Down is overrated and boring :sistrens: Checklist stans won!

12 minutes ago, WheresJay said:

And Slow Down is hated by her for a reason... it does nothing. Has no punch, no face. 

you-will-see-me-in-small-claims-court-an

Ain't nobody home now
Ain't nobody, ain't nobody home now
Everybody be on that night life flow
I exit the club, so they putting on a show now, no doubt
I ain't tryna move like a dummy
I'm tryna move real so you trust me
I'm tryna show you that other people try
But it's better when you touch me

Champagne, I took all your clothes off
Champagne and I'm missing all my phone calls
Swimming in your bed like be like
******* to a slow jam, I'm rocking your boat now

Dance Disco GIF

Not this Slow Down slander. I will not stand for it. 

15 minutes ago, tachiwaka said:

wait-cant.gif

They lack taste I fear lol. I used to ignore it too, but I get it now. Yeah it’s kind of generic but sometimes you just need a plain ole’ fun song in your life.

It came on shuffle recently in the car & my friend was like “Hold on—” and started bopping to it :katie2:Then asked who made the song & what the title was, so it’s not just us lol.

I do wonder how long of a leash RCA has given her. If Candy Paint underperforms, I have to imagine they're going to be like "okay you're terrible at this, you don't get to pick your singles anymore" :toofunny2:

• ATRL Moderator
45 minutes ago, WheresJay said:

This isn't really a good sign... at all :rip:

The fact that the label is still trying to push those type of songs after all this time must mean that the material isn't as strong as she's been suggesting. Considering how Fair was her choice and completely flopped, she might end up being forced to release those as the singles too.

I also wouldn't be surprised if this delay is because the label wants to release DUI instead. Her posting that snippet and getting Tommy/Starrah to talk about Candy Paint could be her way of hyping it up so the label has no choice but to release it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.