Normani

URBAN

16 minutes ago, Cbreezy said:

I iono. She verbatim tweeted about "management not being the issue" during the dryest spell of the dark days and then lo and behold she's now saying it was all along.

I can appreciate that things change in general. Especially label side where one moment she may be in great standing with an exec and they go and it's not as kumbaya with the next person. 

I say that to say, I'm personally choosing not to put too much weight on what she says a) because it's ever-evolving and b) it may not be in her best interest to be as real as we want her to be given that she's actually still signed to the label in the here and now. 

My hope, outside of wanting her to succeed, is that one day we get the real tea that makes the madness of her solo run to date make way more sense. 

As for Freaky Tales, I can't lie, I don't care atm lol. Too traumatized by so many of my faves vesting themselves in non-musical ventures lol. Mani will get me to care when she's properly given her music career a big swing of the bat.

She did tweet that but I don't think she was lying at all. I think she was very happy with Brandon and s10 for a long time and then she realized he was the problem lol. Exactly as you said. Things are always changing. I would love the real tea eventually but she's very reluctant to open up about things I don't expect anything specific for like 10 years lol 

I want normani to be invested in her music career now too but the promo tour for the movie could provide could definitely help Normani promote her music too. She needs to be seen and I don't care which way it is :laugh:

• Like 1

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• popularmoonlight

• AFullMoonlight

• Flare

• nooniebao

3 hours ago, 40_L3VE said:

I believe this too. It seems obvious.

At the same time, it's confusing what they choose to spend money on.

The release party made no noise. That money would have been better spent getting her on Fallon, GMA, Today Show etc.

The trailer created some buzz, but a full music video would have been way more effective.

Again, missteps and miscalculations everywhere.

In the same vein, I am never impressed when artists talk about recording 100+ songs for an album. Maybe when you are super experimental, but even that is a stretch.

Recording that many songs for one project doesn't say "hard working" or "dedicated" to me. It tells me that you and your team are unfocused and unsure what you want the album to be, from the content matter to the sound and now you're wasting resources that aren't infinite.

Exactly like crazy amount of money had been gone to studio/producers/writers/engineers for like 150+ songs but imagine song given to other artists like Pick Up Your Feelings and Gold so it could be like maximum total of 200 songs she recorded/written/got pitched from 2019-2023 which is crazy cause she is too picky and slanders songs like Take My Time and Little Secrets. I hope her next label and lydia doesnt let her do more than 50 songs like not a single second of song after 50 songs has been done for album 2 cause like that money can go to promo and visuals. Gosh im drained, she is literally wasted potential.

i would absolutely love a new label for normani but i feel like dopamine just had a bad start, a bad journey, etc. i wouldn't even be shocked if they moved on to album 2 and had a fresh new clean slate. wouldn't shock me at all.

3 minutes ago, Candy Painted said:

Exactly like crazy amount of money had been gone to studio/producers/writers/engineers for like 150+ songs but imagine song given to other artists like Pick Up Your Feelings and Gold so it could be like maximum total of 200 songs she recorded/written/got pitched from 2019-2023 which is crazy cause she is too picky and slanders songs like Take My Time and Little Secrets. I hope her next label and lydia doesnt let her do more than 50 songs like not a single second of song after 50 songs has been done for album 2 cause like that money can go to promo and visuals. Gosh im drained, she is literally wasted potential.

Also her team is worst into handeling of social media. Like three/four looks which were properly shot in studio and she didnt post on her insta. No post for cut magazine photoshoot or elle magazine and she did so many looks she could've gotten extra pictures to make several posts like wtf. No post about vogue world like insta is your literal portfolio these days nobody goes on google to see if mani attended Vogue World, if its on ur insta, it will be seen by million. I hope she learns from her mistakes and we should babying her on her mistakes. It is what it is and i will say this, there are a lot of artists like chloe and stuff who are trying so hardddd and i agree she works so hard but behind the scenes like she does not posts and acknowledges a lot of major **** like she is not grateful for attending vogue world like she coudt post and say thank you to them and stay in their good books and in vision. She really needs to to show her hardwork with proper social media marketing and strategy

• Like 2

I think the bottom line is that the RCA probably isn't going to give a push unless she gets a hit. Unfortunately we live in a tiktok/viral world. Look what happened with Doja Cat. 

Edited by lovely88

1 hour ago, Candy Painted said:

Also her team is worst into handeling of social media. Like three/four looks which were properly shot in studio and she didnt post on her insta. No post for cut magazine photoshoot or elle magazine and she did so many looks she could've gotten extra pictures to make several posts like wtf. No post about vogue world like insta is your literal portfolio these days nobody goes on google to see if mani attended Vogue World, if its on ur insta, it will be seen by million. I hope she learns from her mistakes and we should babying her on her mistakes. It is what it is and i will say this, there are a lot of artists like chloe and stuff who are trying so hardddd and i agree she works so hard but behind the scenes like she does not posts and acknowledges a lot of major **** like she is not grateful for attending vogue world like she coudt post and say thank you to them and stay in their good books and in vision. She really needs to to show her hardwork with proper social media marketing and strategy

THANK YOU! She was in one of the best cities in the whole world and didn't even post any content. OPEN A VLOGGING YOUTUBE CHANNEL

52 minutes ago, Flare said:

The last couple pages in here nene GIF

We have nothing else to do since we don't get content. Silence, vibes, dopamine and frustration 

8 hours ago, Motivation93 said:

I hate that this happened to her. I do hope Lydia pushes her to release the video this week. At this point it's like what are they waiting for 

She has a little too much control if I'm real. Why doesn't the label make her release it? She's been getting in her own way for the most part.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, troubledparadise said:

keep streaming 

&

just know things are coming and DOPAMINE is far from over :chick1:

i hope this means good things lol

Edited by Arianna Kylie

Tbh, I wish she had filmed some studio performances similar to Tinashe's BB/Ang3l Experience. The album's visuals have been aesthetically minimal thus far, so the sets don't even have to be crazy, just well put together. The aircraft hangar where I think she did her album press photos would've been perfect, as well as the First Dose sets. She shouldn't have to wait for these (lowkey dead) platforms to give her opportunities/visibility when her craft is in demand.

• Like 1

the way a thing as simple as posting tik tok videos with sped up album tracks playing in the back could bring some exposure to the album :rip:

it literally costs zero money too 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, New Edition said:

Imma need Normani on Club Shay Shay to just give us what the work is

Never gonna happen lol 

9 hours ago, troubledparadise said:

keep streaming 

&

ty for saying this cause the thread has been nauseating ! judging from when i saw her team and mom at the party there's plenty otw 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, troubledparadise said:

keep streaming 

&

If you're close to her please tell her make socials her playground PLEASE

3 hours ago, New Edition said:

Imma need Normani on Club Shay Shay to just give us what the work is

now girl 😂

• Haha 1

I love how the people in this thread prove how shitty they are. That girl is injured because she had a BAD accident and y'all are still talking about rollouts promotion etc. she could croak and y'all would still say ok "she could've posted about it before she did, where's the promo ??!!"  you guys need to stop immersing yourself in the Stan world. It's making you a terrible people. No empathy for a human being. It's bizarre to step away and come back and really see what this looks like to an outsider. That girl is probably depressed and in pain over this injury that affected her body and work and y'all are anxiety ridden and depressed over a career that's not yours. How pathetic. You guys are so gross. Who sits on a forum to talk about someone who sustained an injury being "babied" and then continues to demand her to be on social media where there are accounts with her face on them being lynched harassing her 24/7. Berating her. You guys need to revaluate how wanting her to win is making you all extremely abusive and narcissistic. Just stop stanning her. No reply about her career is going to make me see it from y'all's point of view because it's just inhumane. Go to hell and take this thread with you. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Givemeyourcoat said:

If you're close to her please tell her make socials her playground PLEASE

She is quite has viral hate tweets due to her being injured. She'll never be the social media girl yall want her to be and that's okay.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, AntiHarmony said:

She is quite has viral hate tweets due to her being injured. She'll never be the social media girl yall want her to be and that's okay.

Not right now but by Friday everybody will forget. And It's not okay. It hurts her more than anything. She isn't obligated to be in charge of her socials, she can hire someone to do it. 

Edited by Givemeyourcoat
  • Like 1

These holier-than-thou overreactions that pop up here every time anyone makes even a remotely career-related comment about Normani in her fanbase thread where discussions of her career are normal are significantly more annoying than the maybe one or two comments in here that crossed the line into being insensitive :rip: A vast majority of people in this thread are clearly sad for her and are just trying to find things to be hopeful about and keep discussions moving forward. Go take all this repressed anger out in the Celebria thread where people are actually saying problematic things instead of… just discussing her career :toofunny2:

Like maybe that viral Tyler The Creator tweet from a few years ago was right because some of you really just need to close your eyes :deadbanana2:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.