Normani

URBAN

4 hours ago, Givemeyourcoat said:

Also I don't get the use of Normanination, the account purpose should be posting exclusive content that isn't on her main one like the BTS, candid everyday photos yet it's non of that. That account literally post the same content as her main one. How's in charge of that account ?? Like Normani your era can be wonderful just because of a good social media compain… 

She doesn't want to post on her main account. I thought that was obvious.

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• popularmoonlight

• AFullMoonlight

• Flare

• nooniebao

8 hours ago, benten010 said:

Just heard "Make It Loud" aka "Normani's best song", aka "Distance replacement", Aka "The hit that got away" 😭😭😭

I cant find this track plis help me i wanna listen

8 hours ago, Candy Painted said:

I cant find this track plis help me i wanna listen

while none of those leaks I heard are necessarily beating the songs on the album in quality, they're still pretty good/cute. especially slow jam (she was singing DOWN and I truly do appreciate that)

• Like 1

MAKE IT LOUD?!? How have I never heard this ?? HOLY. Still irks me that it's a 13 track album when they cut one song last min. They absolutely should have beefed this up with production and put it on dopamine. Wowowow. Definitely fits the theme 

Make it loud sounds very much like a coco jones song which isn't a bad thing to me. I love the album. The leaks are good but I don't think anything I have heard is good enough to make dopamine which is a great album a better album so I am fine with them being left off :laugh:

• Like 4

I really haven't heard anything out of her unreleased discography that's better than any of the new stuff we hadn't heard on DOPAMINE or Insomnia. All her leaks sound like outtakes for a reason imo. 

Was on X and this came into my tl and this is very true 

Normani needs to find a way to talk about the album in a good way even when she talk about songs she don't like. It's like a person forced you to put out your album or don't fully fully vibe and believe in it, and it's your DEBUT album. Honesty is good but not that way. 

Edited by Givemeyourcoat

3 hours ago, Givemeyourcoat said:

Was on X and this came into my tl and this is very true 

Normani needs to find a way to talk about the album in a good way even when she talk about songs she don't like. It's like a person forced you to put out your album or don't fully fully vibe and believe in it, and it's your DEBUT album. Honesty is good but not that way. 

Normani has talked about how much she loved tantrums multiple times. She has also spoke about how much she liked grip. The nation on Twitter needs to do better with their "jokes" because all I see is that they don't understand that people are watching their commentary about Normani and are running with it. 

Thankfully the casual fan doesn't care about any of this and that's who Normani will be trying to appeal to. I am a casual fan of a lot of people and I will use Dua Lipa as an example. I loved future nostalgia but I didn't like her latest album. I have watched a few interviews but I don't really care about the content to remember it after. All I know is when dua releases music, I give it a listen and I am not interested in her much outside of that :laugh:. I agree Normani should say only positive things about the album right now but this is a take that only affects people living on Stan Twitter in my opinion.

• Like 5

On 6/25/2024 at 6:17 PM, tachiwaka said:

Living for this dichotomy :coffee2:

I'm allowed to make comparisons! You see the top posters in this thread? I was in here when Normani was considered the last new & interesting artist. Now the industry is so saturated. :deadbanana4:

-

Anyways, based on all Normani's interviews, I hope everyone can agree the roll out could have been better but leaving S10, the end of Keep Cool, & the delays really hurt Normani and RCA's connection/trust.

She's back at square one and has to prove her hype and sales all over again. The GREAT news is now that the album is out and is high quality, she can take all feature requests and stop turning them down. Normani badly needs some high profile features with good videos to start the hype train back up. We need our 2024/2025 Dancing with a Stranger. :bird:

• Like 1

What I'm trying to understand is why is she only doing interviews? I mean no GMA? No Late Night Shows? No festivals? nothing? Like I somewhat knew in my heart of hearts that she wasn't going to perform at BET but my issue isn't even necessarily that. I think she is really bummed how the album was released and that she was able to deliver the "perfect" album. However, this isn't the time to pout get up and do some more promoting. Even Tyla forced herself to take like she was into Kai Cenat in order to gain some buzz. No that she would need to do that but I mean. What is that she wants out of her career? Does she want to keep releasing music or this just something to do? Like I know that budget has been depleted but she needs to take the bull by the horns and start being more vocal and make moves that are intentional and get herself out there. Like the week before the album there was radio silence which had me thinking think we were going to get some more content the album drops and she doesn't even tweet let alone gets on live and talks about her favorite songs or what she wants to do to promote. I mean drum up some hype and give people something to look forward to. Why act like Dopamine isn't what you've worked so hard to release? I'm just a bit sad that she isn't at least trying to fake the funk so that she can make at least something pop off. 

• Like 2

Also from what I've been seeing on TT Still is the clear favorite from the album. So maybe Still can get switch to Urban Radio and CP given to pop radio? I mean CP seems to atleast have some legs with General public. Make CP Pop/Rhythmic and Still Urban and we can still make something happen before the Grammys. 

1 hour ago, justifymythreads said:

What I'm trying to understand is why is she only doing interviews? I mean no GMA? No Late Night Shows? No festivals? nothing? Like I somewhat knew in my heart of hearts that she wasn't going to perform at BET but my issue isn't even necessarily that. I think she is really bummed how the album was released and that she was able to deliver the "perfect" album. However, this isn't the time to pout get up and do some more promoting. Even Tyla forced herself to take like she was into Kai Cenat in order to gain some buzz. No that she would need to do that but I mean. What is that she wants out of her career? Does she want to keep releasing music or this just something to do? Like I know that budget has been depleted but she needs to take the bull by the horns and start being more vocal and make moves that are intentional and get herself out there. Like the week before the album there was radio silence which had me thinking think we were going to get some more content the album drops and she doesn't even tweet let alone gets on live and talks about her favorite songs or what she wants to do to promote. I mean drum up some hype and give people something to look forward to. Why act like Dopamine isn't what you've worked so hard to release? I'm just a bit sad that she isn't at least trying to fake the funk so that she can make at least something pop off. 

From the clips I've seen, it sounds like the budget isn't there.

It's a shame.

56 minutes ago, justifymythreads said:

Normani can't keep ignoring socials ! 
before someone jump on me (Ariana Kylie) she needs a social media manager that is creative and understands social media (sorry the user of Normanination). With that, she'll set an agenda for Normani and just have to say « hey Normani, Monday you'll be on insta live talking about the process of the album » ect 

RCA and the budget are obviously the biggest part of the problem, but it's weird that a lot of people are handwaving off the fact that Normani herself could be doing way more on her end as well. RCA isn't stopping her from posting on her own social media accounts. RCA isn't forcing her to dedicate a segment in every interview to implying (or outright saying) that she doesn't even like upwards of half of the album or isn't enthusiastic about the final version. RCA isn't stopping her from recording her own casual dance/performance videos, even though she keeps claiming in interviews that she envisioned how she would perform each song when deciding what should make it on the album.

I think the lack of budget and the way RCA handled the rollout bummed her out and so it's soured her on the era as a whole and led her to retreat back into being quiet and private. And obviously she's entitled to react to things based on her own feelings, but it's a self-fulfilling prophecy at this point because the era is only going to become more and more disappointing if she responds to the initial disappointment by going back into ghost mode. It's a shame because Dopamine is genuinely a great debut album and its commercial underperformance would be way easier to swallow if her fans could at least see that she was happy about the final product and passionate about sharing it with people.

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, shelven said:

RCA and the budget are obviously the biggest part of the problem, but it's weird that a lot of people are handwaving off the fact that Normani herself could be doing way more on her end as well. RCA isn't stopping her from posting on her own social media accounts. RCA isn't forcing her to dedicate a segment in every interview to implying (or outright saying) that she doesn't even like upwards of half of the album or isn't enthusiastic about the final version. RCA isn't stopping her from recording her own casual dance/performance videos, even though she keeps claiming in interviews that she envisioned how she would perform each song when deciding what should make it on the album.

I think the lack of budget and the way RCA handled the rollout bummed her out and so it's soured her on the era as a whole and led her to retreat back into being quiet and private. And obviously she's entitled to react to things based on her own feelings, but it's a self-fulfilling prophecy at this point because the era is only going to become more and more disappointing if she responds to the initial disappointment by going back into ghost mode. It's a shame because Dopamine is genuinely a great debut album and its commercial underperformance would be way easier to swallow if her fans could at least see that she was happy about the final product and passionate about sharing it with people.

Exactly, even though I'm not hugest fan of the Havana girl. I must admit that she performs pretty well in spite of adversity. It's so funny because the GP is still somewhat over her but she has stayed positive and isn't in the mindset to just give up because something's not going her way. Like I'm not asking Normani to act like she loves the album from top to bottom but how about some interaction and some at home performances. i mean Tinasha is Indie and is everywhere shaking her ass to maybe one of the most mid songs in her discography but it doesn't matter to her because she's hungry. Normani got too comfortable after she got with DK. i think she's seen the kept life and it's gotten her thinking she better off not trying. She needs to know that DK and his money may not always be there. Having a solid career and fanbase is the goal here if she can't see that then just become a WAG in peace. 

• Thumbs Down 1

Question asked and answered nevermind. I don't really care about Normani's old management.

Yeah I wish Normani would stop speaking so negatively about her own work. It will turn away the people who actually liked that work and became fans because of it. And sad to say but people aren't as willing to listen to sob stories from celebrities when they're also going through hard times but without any money or clout. Normani should try to keep it positive and seem fun to follow.

Edited by New Edition
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, justifymythreads said:

Exactly, even though I'm not hugest fan of the Havana girl. I must admit that she performs pretty well in spite of adversity. It's so funny because the GP is still somewhat over her but she has stayed positive and isn't in the mindset to just give up because something's not going her way. Like I'm not asking Normani to act like she loves the album from top to bottom but how about some interaction and some at home performances. i mean Tinasha is Indie and is everywhere shaking her ass to maybe one of the most mid songs in her discography but it doesn't matter to her because she's hungry. Normani got too comfortable after she got with DK. i think she's seen the kept life and it's gotten her thinking she better off not trying. She needs to know that DK and his money may not always be there. Having a solid career and fanbase is the goal here if she can't see that then just become a WAG in peace. 

I think DK has nothing to do with it (poor him 😭). Normani always want big stages and it's very good cause she dreams big but she needs to learn to create her own opportunities. The fit she throw when Vmas didn't book her was so unnecessary, like ok they didn't book you, perform the song yourself you just need and room and a smartphone. Once she dances she keeps people attention. 

• Thumbs Down 2

1 hour ago, Givemeyourcoat said:

Social media is free

Absolutely true and I've said that before. I'd love to see her work her album as if she was a new artists nobody had ever heard of before. Post clips from studio session, snippets from songs, herself dancing to a song, her and her friends getting lit... anything.

However in this instance I was referring more to the first part of your post

What I'm trying to understand is why is she only doing interviews? I mean no GMA? No Late Night Shows? No festivals?

All of that costs money that doesn't seem to be there atm.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, justifymythreads said:

I am. Sorta, kinda.

Hearing that she's so-so about some of the songs is a bummer for everyone who enjoys them. Now is not the time for that. Marketing 101.

She can reflect on how her debut album wasn't 100% what she envisioned once she's doing the promo rounds for her sophomore effort.

I think everyone understands that compromises have to be made when you're releasing a commercial product, but we don't need to hear about it now. She needs to be or ACT hyped about the album, to get fans and potential fans hyped about the album.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I agree. Before the interviews dropped I was just ecstatic to have a body of work from her to stream top to bottom. Since Terell and Zach, I can't help but feel a type of way when listening to songs like Take My Time and Little Secrets.

All I know is she better perform the aforementioned songs on tour.

notwildmani_-_1804969408835572025_-_GIF_ 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, 40_L3VE said:

Absolutely true and I've said that before. I'd love to see her work her album as if she was a new artists nobody had ever heard of before. Post clips from studio session, snippets from songs, herself dancing to a song, her and her friends getting lit... anything.

However in this instance I was referring more to the first part of your post

All of that costs money that doesn't seem to be there atm.

Oh ok nevermind 

im trying not to gag too much bc its tmrw and its not been officially announced but WHAT

11 minutes ago, scrltwtch said:

im trying not to gag too much bc its tmrw and its not been officially announced but WHAT

Probably doing the Usher tribute if she is performing. Highly doubt it'll be anything from DOPAMINE. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.