Normani

URBAN

She said the visuals were still being cooked :toofunny2: Which I read as they're not being filmed till something takes off, but where were the first week performances?

:clack:

• Haha 3

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• popularmoonlight

• AFullMoonlight

• remming

• nooniebao

2 hours ago, Ethereal said:

She said the visuals were still being cooked :toofunny2: Which I read as they're not being filmed till something takes off, but where were the first week performances?

:clack:

she already filmed the candy paint mv over a month ago (some of nation got to see one of the mv outfits), we just don't know when the visuals will be released.

The album performed so badly, I'm afraid there will be no single nor anything else. A hope of new album or some movements will be switching to a new label or just being dropped off and fund everything by yourself. I would start from doing touring from any chance you get. I think she knew this from her early FH years. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KKKIMO92 said:

The album performed so badly, I'm afraid there will be no single nor anything else. A hope of new album or some movements will be switching to a new label or just being dropped off and fund everything by yourself. I would start from doing touring from any chance you get. I think she knew this from her early FH years. 

Summer festivals are booked

and she has no power to have a slot at any award show this fall untill somthing takes off.

she better be at the BET and Soul Train awards for the first time and make the connections and audience  that Tyla Coco and Victoria have

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KKKIMO92 said:

Excuse my ignorance but I'm curious, is this really how it works? If an album doesn't crack Top 50 on BB then it's over?

5 minutes ago, hearty_stew said:

Excuse my ignorance but I'm curious, is this really how it works? If an album doesn't crack Top 50 on BB then it's over?

Not, but if your ROI is poor, it gets more difficult to get a budget approved for future projects.

The music industry is still a business first and foremost.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, 40_L3VE said:

Not, but if your ROI is poor, it gets more difficult to get a budget approved for future projects.

The music industry is still a business first and foremost.

Damn, good luck to our girl fr

she is Paris at Vogue event

Edited by Nefertiti0
  • Like 5

22 minutes ago, remming said:

She's in an a coach ad!

The bob with a bang wig is IT!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Nefertiti0 said:

she is Paris at Vogue event

she's so queenie

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, remming said:

She's in an a coach ad!

so she wasn't recording music video but advert in Paris
GQOWrEhWkAARNZ3?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Nefertiti0 said:

so she wasn't recording music video but advert in Paris
GQOWrEhWkAARNZ3?format=jpg&name=large

That's actually what some suspected 

4 hours ago, hearty_stew said:

RCA will not budget on anything, cause even fans are not consuming the album. Her only hope is have a TT viral song or she will need to fund herself.

I honestly would be surprised if she is not dropped. But I think it's for her best interest cause RCA will just fridge her for another 6 years. 

She may want to look out for feature for a hit or things will be very bad.

none of us are label heads or anything so the constant chatter of if's, and's or but's are interesting lol. for all we know they expected this and are planning to push the project moving forward, who knows.

i can't imagine they expected massive amazing sales bc there was barely any promotion honestly.

and i also imagine they want their money back lol so i'm sure a tour is happening.

Edited by Arianna Kylie
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

why is All Yours the best song of all time

:coffee2:

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

she'll be fine, i seriously doubt rca was expecting numbers given the "promo" 

they'll make their money back once she tours

• Like 2

double post to add…there are a ton of artists signed that perform much worse and remain signed and can continue releasing music

• Like 3

Yeah there are a lot of artists on RCA that pull worse numbers than Normani. Because why would they even put this out then if they saw no gain? 

2 hours ago, Motivation93 said:

Yeah there are a lot of artists on RCA that pull worse numbers than Normani. Because why would they even put this out then if they saw no gain? 

And not only that they didn't even do the bare minimum for this rollout. Tems debuted at 56 on the billboard hot 200 and sold 16.5k but she got a video for a single, cds available and a performance on Kimmel. Lucky Daye also performed Soft at Fallon/Kimmel. The song didn't chart anywhere and he has vinyls available but i don't expect him to sell that much. I expect him to do about the same amount as Tems. They literally didn't even invest the bare minimum into Normani like the other acts so i don't get why people are pretending these numbers would be shocking for rca  :deadbanana:.

RCA posted a video on their IG page of Normani like two days ago and i did notice Normani liked the post and her hairstylist commented on it with fire emojis. I just don't think she would be engaging with their social media if she was unhappy or something :laugh:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nooniebao said:

Yes Mani, get those brand deals!! 

Might be being overly optimistic, but based on the quality of the music I still think the album has a chance to grow legs. All Yours is too good to not get a proper radio push, and part of me still thinks Candy Paint or Big Boy could have a moment when/if they release videos/she performs. I could also see Take My Time having moderate success in the UK even though it's not my cup of tea :eli:.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, toast said:

Might be being overly optimistic, but based on the quality of the music I still think the album has a chance to grow legs. All Yours is too good to not get a proper radio push, and part of me still thinks Candy Paint or Big Boy could have a moment when/if they release videos/she performs. I could also see Take My Time having moderate success in the UK even though it's not my cup of tea :eli:.

Yeah, the quality of the music is why I'm annoyed RCA isn't at least attempting to push anything, even if it's just to give it a radio release and some low budget visualizer video. The songs on this album are being really positively received by people who have actually heard them - the problem is that a lot of people still haven't heard them at all :deadbanana:

• Like 4

I really do think that there's visuals coming though. She literally shot a candy paint video. The only reason I think there'd be a hold up is because there's a combination of visuals coming. Clearly gunna didn't just come in to shoot 30 seconds of 159 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.