Normani

URBAN

Y'all are crazy. CP is a clear single. They butchered the release, but the video can save it.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• popularmoonlight

• AFullMoonlight

• Flare

• nooniebao

8 hours ago, Motivation93 said:

Alsooo if I had to guess 

2021 an album was ready to go but her parents were both sick and then Tunji left keep cool leaving her to impress new label heads

Fair flopping freaked them out, issues with management and her dad being sick. 2023 was the reset year with new management and here we are now. It makes sense and it's unfortunate, of course she'd never truly speak on it but I assume this is what roughly went down. Sucks watching your career happen like this and not being able to speak on it

Her career was going in the wrong direction when she signed with anything RCA. Before that I think Capital reached out but I think she went with KeepCool because Tunji promised she would do more R&B and have more control only for him to stop the Dua collab and cock block a chloe and Halle collab. Then his big ass left for Roc Nation without as much as a goodbye. This when the real meddling came because right after that she was going to release Waves then that got pushed back and I think RCA was looking for a new pop act and they wanted Normani to be that. Which is why they pushed her to release Motivation. (Which lowkey was a blessing in the skies because it really did put her in front of the eyes of so many people). Just for her to not do anything with it and try to convince them to let her release R&B. I think had she just released the pop album I think she would've been better off but she freaked out then she had the whole mother and father thing which I'm assuming happened right after WildSide was released. Then Fair happened and now we're here. I think her career is the way it is because she didn't play the game and just go with the pop route like P!nk did with the R&B route then gradually switch over. 

• Thanks 2

I hate when fans say « she will be fine » when they have no idea of what they are talking about. Twitter nation is so DUMB sometimes … 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

6 minutes ago, AFullMoonlight said:

Y'all are crazy. CP is a clear single. They butchered the release, but the video can save it.

Not anymore the song should've came out when the dance challenge was heating up but because of the late filming of the mv it's somewhat stale. Her best bet is to release Big Boy or Still to Urban/Rhythmic and Tantrums in the fall for pop and hopefully people get into her through her singles. I think the mismanagement is because everything is so last minute. I mean really last minute. Why is she even filming a month out from the album anyway? Like she had all this time and hasn't filmed the mv's. Which is why I'm hoping they just do a music film because that genre of album is somewhat of a lost art if it's good enough she could at least get a grammy nod. 

• Thumbs Down 2

31 minutes ago, Givemeyourcoat said:

I hate when fans say « she will be fine » when they have no idea of what they are talking about. Twitter nation is so DUMB sometimes … 

i think she will be though. like we been saying they just gotta push this record. that's it and that's all.

i think we're getting a movie w the album. just me tho. 

Edited by Arianna Kylie
  • Like 1

I think she has too much creative control, and some of the decisions are hers. She released "Fair," chose "1:59" as the single despite there being better tracks, and is opting not to post a TikTok or tweet the album link daily.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

So what were the numbers for Sunday? (Also i'm not expecting them to better than Friday or Saturday because the whole weekend effect.) This reminds me of when Love Lies came out and was somewhat in the middle near #55 and peaked at #32 over a year. Those were good times. 

16 minutes ago, Ethereal said:

I think she has too much creative control, and some of the decisions are hers. She released "Fair," chose "1:59" as the single despite there being better tracks, and is opting not to post a TikTok or tweet the album link daily.

I don't think that she is the one making those decisions entirely. I truly believe thst RCA is forcing her to release and she just picks something. 

17 minutes ago, justifymythreads said:

I don't think that she is the one making those decisions entirely. I truly believe thst RCA is forcing her to release and she just picks something. 

If it was RCA, I'm sure they would be forcing her to go more pop :deadbanana4:They did the same to Tinashe 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Arianna Kylie said:

i think she will be though. like we been saying they just gotta push this record. that's it and that's all.

i think we're getting a movie w the album. just me tho. 

By the way they are pushing Candy paint when I don't think is a smash it material I don't get the assurance… I never was a big fan of the song and def never will.

I don't think we are gonna get a visual album. A CP music video for sure.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ethereal said:

If it was RCA, I'm sure they would be forcing her to go more pop :deadbanana4:They did the same to Tinashe 

At this point I think they just want a return on their investment. It doesn't make any sense to keep having her record tracks and not get any return. Which is mostly likely why they just have in and let her release. 

Also, did TBHITS have any producer credits on the album. From the way he was talking it gave me the impression that he was majorly involved. 

54 minutes ago, Ethereal said:

She is also the one pushing for Candy paint like 2 yo ago. Normani think she is too cool for socials. She is losing insta followers and her engagement is very low. 

• Thanks 2

Camila stans are out there calling the album trash. I HATE seeing those rats so happy. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Givemeyourcoat said:

Camila stans are out there calling the album trash. I HATE seeing those rats so happy. 

It's better than all of that girl's albums, they shouldn't be so brave just because it's flopping…

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, collin said:

It's better than all of that girl's albums, they shouldn't be so brave just because it's flopping…

You know how they are… 

Her lingering in the Top 10 of AM this long is impressive. Hopefully they don't continue to pretend she didn't drop an album and do something during the week.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Givemeyourcoat said:

Camila STANS need to have SEVERAL SEATS.

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

'I Luv It' was a TRASH song that made NO NOISE and was a song that NOBODY LOVED.💔

The only thing WORSE than that song was the 2nd single 'He Knows' the collab w/ Lil Nas who can't buy a hit right now after his 'J Christ' blasphemous ego fest blew up in his face.

Camila and Lil Nas had promo galore for their collab, even having release parties at gay clubs where they tossed out condoms to attendees.

And yet, the song did nothing cuz this was TRASH too.

So Camila fans should worry about their fav rather than Normani.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, Givemeyourcoat said:

She is also the one pushing for Candy paint like 2 yo ago. Normani think she is too cool for socials. She is losing insta followers and her engagement is very low. 

"too cool for socials" when she's explained and HAS REASON to hate social media is crazy. most musicians are just like her and don't use social media bc y'all are WEIRD.

i just think her social media manager needs to be more on top of things but i rather her not get online. y'all are too entitled.

• Thanks 7

36 minutes ago, Arianna Kylie said:

"too cool for socials" when she's explained and HAS REASON to hate social media is crazy. most musicians are just like her and don't use social media bc y'all are WEIRD.

i just think her social media manager needs to be more on top of things but i rather her not get online. y'all are too entitled.

I don't ask her to be on line all the time because I know what she's been through but going on live for a few minutes for your fans after the release of your long awaited first album wasn't gonna hurt… 

Plus to protect her privacy and avoiding haters on her live instagram she can select a few fans in a private story then go on live. Or even use her canal. These 2 solutions limits the sneak of her haters 

Edited by Givemeyourcoat

10 hours ago, Arianna Kylie said:

y'all sit up on here and lie because people have been ranting and raving. it's more disappointment that it wasn't pushed because it's so good.

I'm not lying I've seen some ppl express how they wished it was better. I think it's a solid debut and I really like it. I just want her to give us the music videos because as we know it does enhance the experience.

• Thumbs Down 2

31 minutes ago, Scorpioojay said:

I'm not lying I've seen some ppl express how they wished it was better. I think it's a solid debut and I really like it. I just want her to give us the music videos because as we know it does enhance the experience.

Of course there are some but I think we're referring to the overwhelming majority who have been praising the album.

• Like 1

She's getting torn apart all over the web. See what you caused Lisa? @KORDEI

all these songs have been on repeat, but lights on ESPECIALLY :jonny:

• Like 3

I'm seeing more people come to her defense. This is nothing like how Chloe was getting lashed at with In Pieces or even how badly Tinashe got dragged circa 2016-2018. It actually helps that she's not on the internet clapping back at the haters. It makes people look even more derange when they are attacking people that don't defend themselves. 

• Like 12

This album has potential ! 

Still = something you can put on while doing your makeup before a party, something fun for the summer time. Club lil hit.

All yours = The perfect fall single. A moody, sensual and lovey song. Something you can put on while thinking about a crush or with a boyfriend.

Insomnia = Such a relatable song, the most one on the album. Everybody has already felt this way wether it's about a lover or a friend. 

Take my time = Something you listen in a store while shopping. Also during a fashion show. UK and France may love it a lot.

Candy paint = I don't have much faith  in the song whoever this is an occasion for her to do another great colorful video with a dope choreo. 

Lights on : marking the end of the era with a sensual video with her playing with lights while dancing. 

Edited by Givemeyourcoat
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.