Normani

URBAN

Just now, remming said:

Me and @shelven were posting our low predictions for weeks now. This isn't shocking. Normani still put out a great body of work she can build on. People just don't know she exists. :laugh:. She's going to have to stop this disappearing act for a while. RCA also should have booked her somewhere this week.

My question still is 

1) this is just day one of the tracking week so why are people worried about this?

2) as mentioned earlier this doesn't include her AM numbers so why are people acting like this is her final number for BB?

More and more people are finding the album and streaming, so I think people should wait til Tuesday-Weds to make all of these declarations.

• Like 3

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• popularmoonlight

• AFullMoonlight

• Flare

• nooniebao

5 minutes ago, _jays_ said:

My question still is 

1) this is just day one of the tracking week so why are people worried about this?

2) as mentioned earlier this doesn't include her AM numbers so why are people acting like this is her final number for BB?

More and more people are finding the album and streaming, so I think people should wait til Tuesday-Weds to make all of these declarations.

Clearly you don't know how charting works huh? Your comments are kinda giving naive. I think we all want her to win but we kinda see where this is headed commercially. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, _jays_ said:

My question still is 

Spotify really needs to start hiding the numbers from the public because it's unhinged that people put so much importance on these ridiculous "stats"

And then conveniently act like Apple Music doesn't have tens of millions of paid subscribers and skews more R&B in its demos

Her album has been stably in the top 10 and some of the songs are already charting on Apple Music…

• Like 1

As tragic as these numbers are, I think she can build from here but as someone said earlier. She needs to be PRESENT! I know that she hates social media but if she wants to take off she has to interact more. Her engagement during wildside/motivation compared to now is jarring. She needs to be booked for festivals, and tv talk shows, tv promo ads etc to get her name and the material out there. Look at tyla? She's everywhere. That's the kind of push I need to see. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, _jays_ said:

My question still is 

Usually streaming gets worse as the week goes on. I mean it would be nice if would stay the same but you're right the apple music numbers aren't included. I think she did better on apple music than spotify but they don't seem that amazing to me either. None of her songs charted in the overall top 100 in the U.S :laugh:

Anyways it doesn't mean that later down the line the album can't repeak. Like I said the rollout was very bad for her. Tems performed at a Jimmy fallon or Kimmel before her album was released and had cds and Normani did nothing. No performances, no videos even though that's her strongest asset and no physicals. 

12 minutes ago, ToraeGilt said:

Clearly you don't know how charting works huh? Your comments are kinda giving naive. I think we all want her to win but we kinda see where this is headed commercially. 

I'm actually quite aware of how charting works, and this is still in lie with what I saw her first day Spotify numbers being.

with that said, the reception of her album has been much more unexpected and a lot more people are talking about the album which was the point of my initial statement.

There's no indication of if her streaming numbers will fall, rise or hold steady yet so back to my original statements.

So, no we don't know where this is headed commercially yet.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ToraeGilt said:

As tragic as these numbers are, I think she can build from here but as someone said earlier. She needs to be PRESENT! I know that she hates social media but if she wants to take off she has to interact more. Her engagement during wildside/motivation compared to now is jarring. She needs to be booked for festivals, and tv talk shows, tv promo ads etc to get her name and the material out there. Look at tyla? She's everywhere. That's the kind of push I need to see. 

Tyla is everywhere because she had a smash hit 6 months go, Normani hasn't had a moderate hit since 2021 let alone a a smash it since 2019. That's why she isn't booked. The team is waiting for a song to go viral like nasty or expresso so they can push the song to more people because the song showed some kind of success to a smaller crowd. Let's see what they will do. All yours, take my time, insomnia and still or even big boy (I don't know) are songs to look for. I don't know if Candy paint can have success …

Can she damn open a ytb channel ?? Omg this gurl. At least laugh, troll, vlog.

It's us as a fanbase, we have to push those songs with edits, trends and all. They tried a trend with Candy paint but it didn't work out. They should try with other songs. If her team does the edits work, people are gonna scream « payola » « desperate ». The success has to seem genuine and organic. 

Edited by Givemeyourcoat

20 minutes ago, Ethereal said:

This is very bad. Tems and Ayra Starr did 3 times better. Omg the drags are coming…

52 minutes ago, toast said:

The era just launched, let's wait for the performances/visuals before we start freaking out :celestial5:

I mean…didn't the era start last month with 1:59? :rip:

8 minutes ago, Givemeyourcoat said:

This is very bad. Tems and Ayra Starr did 3 times better. Omg the drags are coming…

Who cares about the drags? :laugh: I love the album. i don't stan people for chart positions. I had Charl's last album downloaded when it came out and now look at everyone on this website pretending to be a stan now because she's doing well. People on this site don't actually like music. :deadbanana:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

They need to put love lies and motivation on a deluxe streaming version of the album ASAP cause this is too much. Why Nation didn't even buy 10k copies? Y'all wasn't waiting for the album like I was clearly!! She's getting dragged so bad.

I blame that Normani stan named Lisa on twitter the most!!! Bullied every stanbase and now we gotta take lashings.  :deadbanana4:

Edited by Flare

9 minutes ago, remming said:

Who cares about the drags? :laugh: I love the album. i don't stan people for chart positions. I had Charl's last album downloaded when it came out and now look at everyone on this website pretending to be a stan now because she's doing well. People on this site don't actually like music. :deadbanana:

I love the album and I'm not ashamed to say I check her chart position because I want her to be a very successful artist. Plus it breaks my heart to see her being dragged left and right. She will probably be scared to be on socials which isn't what we need specially now that Dopamine is out 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Flare said:

They need to put love lies and motivation on a deluxe streaming version of the album ASAP cause this is too much. Why Nation didn't even buy 10k copies? Y'all wasn't waiting for the album like I was clearly!! :deadbanana4:

Conclusion : Nation is a very small fanbase

7 minutes ago, Flare said:

They need to put love lies and motivation on a deluxe streaming version of the album ASAP cause this is too much. Why Nation didn't even buy 10k copies? Y'all wasn't waiting for the album like I was clearly!! She's getting dragged so bad.

I blame that Normani stan named Lisa on twitter the most!!! Bullied every stanbase and now we gotta take lashings.  :deadbanana4:

These are only the streaming numbers. Not with the pure sales. Overall she has like 8.5k - 13.k units from streams. With the sales from itunes, she might reach 15k - 20k. Which is kind of what many people predicted in here.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Flare said:

this is just streaming units…we still dont have expected total with physicals…let us pray nation can hit 10k physical copies:deadbanana:

2 minutes ago, Givemeyourcoat said:

I love the album and I'm not ashamed to say I check her chart position because I want her to be a very successful artist. Plus it breaks my heart to see her being dragged left and right. She will probably be scared to be on socials which isn't what we need specially now that Dopamine is out 

But that's hers and hers teams fault for not putting in more effort to promote. Hopefully they take this as a learning lesson. There's still room to grow, but she has to get out and promote. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, AFullMoonlight said:

But that's hers and hers teams fault for not putting in more effort to promote. Hopefully they take this as a learning lesson. There's still room to grow, but she has to get out and promote. 

She has to use socials mostly, I don't think performances are gonna help if the song isn't already viral. And as I said fans have to play a big part too with pushing the songs. It's just like that these days and we have to accept that. 

Mani.. I just a smash hit and a tour 😭

Interesting thing : a All yours / Yeah I said it mash up has like 4K on twitter and people in the comments seem to enjoy. All yours is a good promo single that needs to go viral.

Not to be negative but those numbers are just sad lol. I hope that's what her and her team were expecting. Kinda even surprised how low they are with all the praise and support I saw on socials but yeah I guess twitter hype doesn't translate into streams and sales. Anyway I still have the album on rotation and still enjoy it. I just hope it doesn't stop her team to do whatever they had planned for this era if there was anything planned.

• Like 5

And y'all were jumping on us about asking about the visuals. She NEEDED them not just for charts, but to remind people she has an album out because most people Still.mp3 don't know. This whole visual album thing could've really been saved for a sophomore effort if it wasn't going to drop with the album. The fact that we know she has at least two videos sitting in the chamber. :dies:

It's hard out here for Normani Stans mayne.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Givemeyourcoat said:

She has to use socials mostly, I don't think performances are gonna help if the song isn't already viral. And as I said fans have to play a big part too with pushing the songs. It's just like that these days and we have to accept that. 

There's only so much fans can do. In fact, Twitter Nation needs to be paid for the promo they've done. There's people out there thinking they're going to get 3 Months of free Spotify because of them. A performance from Normani will do wonders because her performances always elevate her songs. Same with visuals. Things will start getting better once she gets on a stage and has a mic put in her hand. Get her on festival lineups and have her tour!

• Like 3

The thread in Charts is… surprisingly sympathetic towards her for ATRL's standards :laugh: I expected way more dragging but it's mostly confined to the same handful of weirdos who have been obsessed with her for like a decade. I think it's just hard to deny by anyone with a brain that this was never going to do serious numbers after the years of delays, awful rollout strategy, and no music videos. 

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.