Normani

URBAN

1 minute ago, popularmoonlight said:

Guess we know why there's no videos, no nothing this time around. Ain't got no money for Normani lol 

Different topic, considering the amount of times she has sent kisses to brazil this era I wish they would do a listening party over here too. 

Well, that'd take money to fly her and her team out too. International promo trips are expensive too which is why artists do them less nowadays.

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• popularmoonlight

• AFullMoonlight

• Flare

• nooniebao

13 minutes ago, nooniebao said:

Well, that'd take money to fly her and her team out too. International promo trips are expensive too which is why artists do them less nowadays.

some artists have already done it (dua, top, etc) and they don't necessarily need to come here, they usually send a video or something.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wildsidenormani said:

I can tell you for a fact it is. The number is eye watering.... although nothing she can't recoup from doing a US & UK theatre tour (which she will be)

I imagine that the label paying for studio sessions for 6 years and over those years releasing 4 songs wasn't ideal, but oh well. Also the wasted money for Fair's MV and probably a lot of other things that were scrapped.

It's just crazy to me that she was *allowed* to scrap some of these things.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nooniebao said:

Not really. I've seen quite a few listening parties happening over here without the artist being present. It's coordinated by the label locally. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, popularmoonlight said:

Not really. I've seen quite a few listening parties happening over here without the artist being present. It's coordinated by the label locally. 

Well, if that's what you meant I guess you could do that too.

I was happy about the YouTube views on the audio but they have been stuck to 1.4 M for a day now… her team def paid views. 

• Haha 2

:jonny5:

28 minutes ago, zeta said:

:jonny5:

when it's for vic's alright video:rip:

• Haha 7

Are Normani and Meg still friends? We used to see them hang out all the time pre-trial.

1 hour ago, New Edition said:

Are Normani and Meg still friends? We used to see them hang out all the time pre-trial.

yes, they were just in each other's likes. I'm sure life has probably just had them doing different things at the moment.

I think the "first dose of dopamine" thing was absolutely a teaser for many visuals coming with the album. It has to be. She also said the "visuals (plural)" are brewing. Their plan must be to just go all out with the album release week

The meltdowns in here??

I think things will make more sense album release week. The budget is giving release week promo blitz and some sort of visual. :bird:

Normani is intentionally away because she's probably still editing and wearing hats as we speak. Y'all know how she is. :bird:

concubine
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, j_mars20 said:

yes, they were just in each other's likes. I'm sure life has probably just had them doing different things at the moment.

This. Meg is busy on a world tour. Normani is also busy rolling out a massive campaign for her debut album.

Edited by concubine
  • Haha 2

in my dreams, dopamine will be a visual

album.

Posted (edited)

Ashanti her hairstylist posted 2 ig stories. One at Apple music and one at amazon music. Pre-recorded interviews are clearly there.

Normani is making the rounds, next week should be a nice normal modern album release week. 

Edited by Flare

Does anyone else feel that the material we've heard so far is generally on the weaker side? It's hard to believe that this was the strongest selection she had left. Wild Side is still her best track.

ls-0B9.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Ethereal said:

Does anyone else feel that the material we've heard so far is generally on the weaker side? It's hard to believe that this was the strongest selection she had left. Wild Side is still her best track.

ls-0B9.gif

Wild Side is a very special song.  It is like lightning in a bottle, rare to come across a song like that and hard to top.

Regarding material on the weaker side/stronger selection... I believe there was one or two journalists on Twitter who got to hear the album and said it is worth the wait. One journalist tweeted that she kept "thinking about a song"/the song left an impression on her. I assume she is not talking about Candy Paint/Big Boi. 

There has to be at least one more song on the Dopamine album that will wow us big time, one that has not been named/still kept under wraps. Hopefully.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ethereal said:

ls-0B9.gif

I wouldn't say "Candy Paint" is weak, but dated. I feel as tho time has passed significantly for that song to even be a streaming hit, let alone an actual moderate hit. If the album was still being pushed back after "Fair", she could've honestly just released both in 2022 with an explanation of both songs being 'for the fans'. 

"1:59" is definitely weak to me. Feels like they wanted to remind the general public and radio that she's the same girl that made "Wild Side", but without the material. It's a bonus track or MySpace exclusive at best. We've only heard a 30 clip of "Big Boi", so we can't form a complete opinion, but I will say I don't think I like the snippet. Reminds me too much of "Upgrade You" 🤣🤣

I hope her album doesn't have the 'obvious hit' on it, because those first week streams will determine the longevity of the era and we're already off to no where. There is no massive promotion planned. I've said it before, it feels as though RCA is treating this release as a non fact in this year line up. They have other HUGE female acts that have returned a significant return already, Normani took her honorary 'creative control' too seriously. 

I'm not expecting too much anymore, because I've been let down too many times (not just by Normani alone). A visual album is a big stretch for an artist that is having their music thrown out of no where, though it's supposedly highly (not anymore) anticipated. A theater tour doesn't even sound promising, because when is the last time we've seen her perform? If her music isn't received how she think it should be, will she even be interested in a tour? I'm honestly scared at the thought of what's ahead for her, but I'm also checking out everyday closer to the album. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

concubine
Posted (edited)

The songs that Normani and her team chose to build hype and anticipation for this album being:

1. Fair

2. 1:59 (featuring Gunna)

3. Candy Paint

They can't be serious.

Edited by concubine
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, TizTiz said:

I wouldn't say "Candy Paint" is weak, but dated. I feel as tho time has passed significantly for that song to even be a streaming hit, let alone an actual moderate hit. If the album was still being pushed back after "Fair", she could've honestly just released both in 2022 with an explanation of both songs being 'for the fans'. 

"1:59" is definitely weak to me. Feels like they wanted to remind the general public and radio that she's the same girl that made "Wild Side", but without the material. It's a bonus track or MySpace exclusive at best. We've only heard a 30 clip of "Big Boi", so we can't form a complete opinion, but I will say I don't think I like the snippet. Reminds me too much of "Upgrade You" 🤣🤣

I hope her album doesn't have the 'obvious hit' on it, because those first week streams will determine the longevity of the era and we're already off to no where. There is no massive promotion planned. I've said it before, it feels as though RCA is treating this release as a non fact in this year line up. They have other HUGE female acts that have returned a significant return already, Normani took her honorary 'creative control' too seriously. 

I'm not expecting too much anymore, because I've been let down too many times (not just by Normani alone). A visual album is a big stretch for an artist that is having their music thrown out of no where, though it's supposedly highly (not anymore) anticipated. A theater tour doesn't even sound promising, because when is the last time we've seen her perform? If her music isn't received how she think it should be, will she even be interested in a tour? I'm honestly scared at the thought of what's ahead for her, but I'm also checking out everyday closer to the album. 

Interested or no, she def has to tour especially if the album has no commercial success.

On 6/4/2024 at 5:58 AM, shelven said:

I don't mean to rag on you because I genuinely do admire the optimism, but a lot of us have heard this SO many times over the course of her career :deadbanana:If a person keeps insisting they're "just testing the waters" after dipping their toes in the pool for the 7th time, people are eventually going to assume that person never plans on swimming.

I've personally come to terms with the fact that neither she nor her team has any sort of coherent plan. I honestly wouldn't even care and would just be excited we're getting an album if it wasn't for the fact that I also don't have any hope we'll be getting a second album for a long time, if ever. The fact is that she clearly seems checked out. We can ask the chicken or egg question all day (did an unsupportive team cause her to check out, or did her checking out cause her team to stop bothering?) but the result is the same. She doesn't seem to particularly care that her debut album is finally coming out after all this time, so it's really hard to care as a fan when you don't see any passion from the artist.

This isn't optimism. It's the fact that some of you claim her team does nothing to promote the album which isn't the case. We have magazines interviews, they paid Latrice to create a challenge for Candy paint, Normani herself did that challenge, they used play listing on Spotify, Normani uses, even tho it's barely, her socials to promote her songs. She is setting her universe with a style on socials too. It's not because she isn't showing success that her team does nothing… Plus she doesn't have to talk or scream for you to understand her next moves. For example she tried to create a challenge even before with CP even before 1:59 was out, y'all were saying she pays more attention to CP then 1:59, been talking about it in interviews, she teased the song on the teaser, of course she was gonna release it shortly after. Normani is a giant tease and makes no sense this is her signature and you still don't get it? 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Givemeyourcoat said:

This isn't optimism. It's the fact that some of you claim her team does nothing to promote the album which isn't the case. We have magazines interviews, they paid Latrice to create a challenge for Candy paint, Normani herself did that challenge, they used play listing on Spotify, Normani uses, even tho it's barely, her socials to promote her songs. She is setting her universe with a style on socials too. It's not because she isn't showing success that her team does nothing… Plus she doesn't have to talk or scream for you to understand her next moves. For example she tried to create a challenge even before with CP even before 1:59 was out, y'all were saying she pays more attention to CP then 1:59, been talking about it in interviews, she teased the song on the teaser, of course she was gonna release it shortly after. Normani is a giant tease and makes no sense this is her signature and you still don't get it? 

I see what you're saying but these things are virtually non existent to anyone outside this base or her fan base Community Twitter group. 

The only moment the GP (and those who are not fans) have payed attention to her again was when she revealed that album cover. Nothing they did stick with the public and nothing else was done to turn that around. 

However we should all calm our nerves! I'm done freaking out over this lol. My mind is strictly thinking about about June 14th and you guys should do the same! It will be much nicer for all of us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Posted (edited)

I personally think Normani still has a chance to make something pop off from this era. I think CP may have been a gift from her to the fans with a me coming because she literally has said that there would be one. I think if she were to focus on her performing everywhere like a Sabrina Carpenter her profile will rise significantly. 

I actually don't think her music sounds dated at all. I think we all said that WildSide wasn't single worthy at one point but now everyone's praising it. Normani is one of the only artists that has music that ages pretty well. If you noticed a lot Beyoncé's older songs sound better to me now that anything on Cowboy Carter. While SZA, Doja, and Tyls have a unique "current" sound I think there music aside from a couple single won't stand the test of time. Even Tate Mcrae had a huge hit and her music isn't the most easy to listen to. I think CP won't be a huge hit but it could definitely introduce more people to her. 

Edited by justifymythreads
  • Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.