Normani

URBAN

1 hour ago, shelven said:

Still can't get over how downright weird the Candy Paint release has been. She hyped it up for so long, everyone around her kept strongly insinuating this would be "the big moment" in promoting the album, and yet over 36 hours into its release, we've gotten one tweet and one Instagram post as the only acknowledgment by her that the song even exists :deadbanana2: Like if the video's not ready yet, that's one thing, but why not a TikTok? Why not a lyric video? Why not an informal performance/dance video she could have filmed in less than an hour? It's all just so odd and it's kind of making me believe whoever in here floated the theory that RCA plans on dropping her after this album so they're just going through the motions :rip:

I mean i remember the original plan was for the album to come out 3 weeks after 1:59 was dropped. I remember the insider on Pulse first saying the album was coming May 17th so I was honestly under the impression that there is no big single/moment and they were pushing the album as a whole. I mean it's unrealistic to expect any single to to take off after 3 weeks being released so that has been my perspective even with Normani's excitement for Candy Paint. To me, any single that they were serious about pushing would have been released with an official video and sent to radio. 

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• popularmoonlight

• AFullMoonlight

• Flare

• nooniebao

promo from RCA.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, jdanton2 said:

promo from RCA.

nnnn they read my post and said stop spreading rumours!

• Haha 7

This is one of the worst album roll-outs I've ever seen. I'll honestly be mad if RCA's plan isn't to drop Normani after the release.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, harmonizeme89 said:

This is one of the worst album roll-outs I've ever seen. I'll honestly be mad if RCA's plan isn't to drop Normani after the release.

But it's not RCA's fault though. Normani isn't even completely done with her album yet. Hence why we're just finding out that WildSide is on the album. I think she is going for a visual album and if she is then it would make some sense as to why she's doing what she's doing (somewhat).

33 minutes ago, harmonizeme89 said:

Pretty sure if RCA was going to drop Normani, they would've done so YEARS ago. Keep dreaming though :coffee2:

1 minute ago, Ms.cleo said:

Pretty sure if RCA was going to drop Normani, they would've done so YEARS ago. Keep dreaming though :coffee2:

the love lies and dancing with a stranger gave them big cheques

1 minute ago, Topaz said:

the love lies and dancing with a stranger gave them big cheques

Also motivation and WS went platinum so it would make zero sense to drop her. On top of that I'm more than sure she'd have no trouble getting picked up by another label if RCA did decide to drop her.

• Like 2

Just now, Ms.cleo said:

Also motivation and WS went platinum so it would make zero sense to drop her. On top of that I'm more than sure she'd have no trouble getting picked up by another label if RCA did decide to drop her.

I would want Interscope to pick her up or Columbia bc they give their artist big eras and visuals. She can take all of Lil Nas budget tbh. Motivation and WS are both probably double plat too.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ms.cleo said:

That's exactly why I'd wish they would drop her, so…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Not really understanding why you lot think she would get a better/good deal after the mess this has been, if her album doesn't sell well (which it won't by the way this rollout has been, not trying to be negative, just being completely honest here), why would another label pick her up?

The support she seems to be getting is horrendous, from management and the label, I just think they don't believe in the music she's made and are kind of just like "whatever"... I mean how can a song that has been hyped for over 2 years and was highly anticipated, release without a video being ready and proper support? This is one of the worst album rollouts I've ever seen, it's weird as hell.

I don't even get why they don't seem to have any tracks ready either, unless they just want to drop the album and hope something takes off but it doesn't seem viable at all, with the way things have panned out. The way it's going I don't even think there are any songs that can be "singles" on the album, if 1:59 was chosen as a single, when it's clear that it's an album track song. Whole thing is bizarre. 

Edited by TheFlyingRobot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, TheFlyingRobot said:

Not really understanding why you lot think she would get a better/good deal after the mess this has been, if her album doesn't sell well (which it won't by the way this rollout has been, not trying to be negative, just being completely honest here), why would another label pick her up?

The support she seems to be getting is horrendous, from management and the label, I just think they don't believe in the music she's made and are kind of just like "whatever"... I mean how can a song that has been hyped for over 2 years and was highly anticipated release without a video being ready and proper support? This is one of the worse album rollouts I've ever seen, it's weird as hell.

I don't even get why they don't seem to have any tracks ready either, unless they just want to drop the album and hope something takes off but it doesn't seem viable at all, with the way things have panned out. The way it's going I don't even think there are any songs that can be "singles" on the album, if 1:59 was chosen as a single, when it's clear that it's an album track song. Whole thing is bizarre. 

There not being a video ready on release day after the song has been done for two years is just insane to me

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I really wish everything about this album would've just been a surprise release on June 14th.

They should have never made that cover/title announcement way back in February.

If you're not ready with videos, booked performances, or a tracklist at the very least...

What was it all for?... Just to set yourself up for months of endless critiques and criticisms?

I can't comprehend any of it.

We all know this album is not destined for success. Even if it's amazing... (I know I'm gonna love it but...)

The internet loves to hate Normani. We've known that since the start of Fifth Harmony.

From her own lips... "I can show you better than I can tell you"

At this point I don't think any amount of showing will sway anyone's mind. You're either for her or you're against her.

And it's hard to be for her in these streets when all she does is give silent ammunition to the haters.

Lets be all the way real, homegurl is a "new" artist in her debut era.

She needs to be on the grind... posting relentlessly, going to the radio stations, appearing on every talk show, "Hot Ones" all that....

Maybe the rumors are true and 'ol gurl is planning a visual album but why not say that, promote it!

Or maybe she's just saving all the promo for the week of but dang...

Stop leaving your fans in the dark... you haven't earned that.

Tired Af Reaction GIF

Edited by eXaggeration
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Posted (edited)

I think going a more alternative avant garde R&B route (which she already seems to be hinting at via the James Blake collab) could be a way forward for her. It takes a stupid amount of money to try to be a hitmaking major label superstar. But there are other ways to have a decently lucrative career in music. She could go a more artsier route like FKA Twigs, Debby Friday, kind of what Tinashe has been doing. And she's still a name with a fanbase, she could easily do a good amount of festivals I imagine. In fact I'm wondering why she's not doing pride festivals this year, the timing would be perfect with the album out. But alas....

Edited by MatiRod
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, jdanton2 said:

promo from RCA.

Candy Paint Payola confirmed?

dance-atrl.gif

concubine
Posted (edited)

Candy Paint and Big Boi are shaping up to be chart-topping hits, I can feel it. Mani is out here giving the girls a run for their money.

Edited by concubine
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Danes said:

Did the album release really get pushed back?

no 

• Like 2

We got an album dropping next week guys. NEXT WEEK.

Excited Episode 7 GIF by The Bachelor

• Like 2

This whole rollout, the issues with her team, and everything about the album have been chaotic. Initially, I thought going independent would be a good idea, but without anyone pushing her to release music, I doubt we'd see much from her. 

Obsessed with the alternative indie hit Big Boi. The way it stomps on the soulless sister Candy Paint

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ethereal said:

Initially, I thought going independent would be a good idea, but without anyone pushing her to release music, I doubt we'd see much from her. 

Yeah, if she were to get dropped after this album and not get picked up by another label, I can 100% guarantee that we'd never get another album from her :toofunny2:

4 hours ago, Ethereal said:

This whole rollout, the issues with her team, and everything about the album have been chaotic. Initially, I thought going independent would be a good idea, but without anyone pushing her to release music, I doubt we'd see much from her. 

I don't think it's benefit for anyone to be independent to be honest. There's a reason most big artists are still signed to a label or associated with labels. Contracts can be restructured if the artist is making money. Independent artists rarely chart because radio counts towards the hot 100 and it costs money to send a song to radio and they're rarely nominated for Grammys. I think the one good thing is you have total control over the type of music you release but unless you can produce and write your own music, you're going to have pay for songwriters and producers out of pocket. So your losing a lot of money and most of them don't make it back.

• Like 1

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.