Normani

URBAN

14 minutes ago, Space&Time said:

How does adding Wild Side to the album affect the album sales certifications?  

That should at least make her go Gold right?

All it does is add the streams compounded from the song and adds to the total streams towards the album. So it's essentially giving it a boost in sales. However, that would've made sense if Wild Side wasn't 2 years old and didn't hit its peak listener's a year ago. I think it's a welcomed addition though sound wise. Plus it wouldn't hurt the album promotion wise because the song is already known by the R&B crowd which will give the album more visibility. 

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• popularmoonlight

• AFullMoonlight

• Flare

• nooniebao

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Getlikemike said:

Right like why tag to ask a question that's clearly answered in the— oh wait girls don't read :monkey:

I just saw this…. I was asking Wheresjay because i specifically remembered him saying that Wildside wasn't on the same track list. So hearing this news now  makes me believe  that there literally wasn't a set track list to begin with and if there was one there clearly has been some changes.Further proving my point earlier that they are still working on the album. This album is anything but done.  

Edited by justifymythreads
  • Thanks 1

I just realized most likely we are getting the tracklist next week :duca:.  Tems is also on RCA and she has an album coming next week and she announced her tracklist yesterday.

• Like 1

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 99sandthe2000s said:

I hadn't heard the leak before - that's interesting…almost a bit more experimental than I was expecting from her, but with the amount of time she's had, I'm expecting more than just a basic R&B album at this point.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 99sandthe2000s said:

A bit concerned about this album…

Wow!! I was not before, but now I am really excited for Big Boi.  That trumpet, that bass guitar, Starrah's lyrics and melody :clap3::smile:
We are in for a treat. THIS is music.

I definitely am not interested in what is currently circulating the radio from current pop and RnB artists.
I want what Mani is offering. This is her quality and aesthetic.

5 hours ago, 99sandthe2000s said:

This would be cute, but it does sound similar to "Candy Paint", not in a way where it's bad. I just imagine them together on the track list and I would've heard this before CP. 

However, it does follow "1:59" & "Candy Paint"  in the realm of sounding 'safe' and not as experimental as I would've after SIX YEARS️The previous singles released were so dope and carried so much personality, even "Fair" (at least live), and these three songs are incredibly left field. They feel very monotone and incomplete, it does make you wonder if she's being forced to release this album. 

I don't think any of us are expecting to do much with "DOPAMINE", seeing their track record, but it feels like if she doesn't see good numbers, they'll be done by July. I understand giving a new artist so much control and they play around for years, you want to receive some return by now, but it just doesn't feel like NORMANI is ready to release. 

If this keeps her excitement tingling at night, she needs to relinquish creative control to a pro. There's no way they thought "Candy Paint" NEEDED to out because 60 people asked for it. After a lead with a popular artist with their own sustainable audience fails, the smartest choice would be to release the strongest song on the album. Not holding on to "yyyaaasss", "u ate" or "🔥 🔥🔥" from 2 years ago. Her new 'high profile' management & team have to be shaking their heads, shes nearly incompetent due to 'perfection' and her label is RCA, one of the worst labels of the last 15-20 years

• Thumbs Down 1

I think everyone needs to lower their expectations for the album. It has gone through numerous cycles, with tracks being added and removed. I'm pretty sure she's lost some of the original material and ended up including tracks from producers she's close to.

Thankfully, Wild Side will be on the album. That's the first great decision her team has made in a while.

• Like 2

Justice to 1:59

"When I get you alone

Boy what you gone do with it"

tumblr_inline_nbwvr3PRqw1si4ouw.gif

10 hours ago, 99sandthe2000s said:

Oh..she's coming to eat the girls up

kenya8.gif

2 hours ago, Ethereal said:

I think everyone needs to lower their expectations for the album. It has gone through numerous cycles, with tracks being added and removed. I'm pretty sure she's lost some of the original material and ended up including tracks from producers she's close to.

Thankfully, Wild Side will be on the album. That's the first great decision her team has made in a while.

Wild Side, 1:59, Candy Paint and Big Boi are all amazing tracks for me and it actually makes me have great hopes for the whole body of work. I just think those expecting Normani to go the full pop route are gonna be disappointed, from what we heard yet this album really represents her. 

• Like 2

1:59, Wild Side, Candy Paint, and Big Boi all on the same album? Oh I knew not to ever doubt her ear. Justice for Fair though. Hope to see her on a setlist. 

Also, CP overtaking 1:59 already and did better than the Dopamine trailer first day and that had visuals on YouTube. Idc what you negative nancys say. Its a HIT and she was right to keep it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Bling bling blow he like what's that on ya wrist

Bling bling blow this all them platinum hits

Bling bling blow that's all that Billboard ****

spacer.png

Edited by toast
  • Like 4

it's obviously her team doing this, but why? candy paint has just been released why don't they promote it? release a lyric video, visualizer, some tiktok, whatever. they look like a bunch of amateurs  

• Like 2

The song was leaked by a hater and it was spreading on twitter. That could be damage control.

34 minutes ago, blondrin said:

it's obviously her team doing this, but why? candy paint has just been released why don't they promote it? release a lyric video, visualizer, some tiktok, whatever. they look like a bunch of amateurs  

I think they're trying to bring attention to the album as a whole. They have been making it obvious so if someone doesn't like candy paint or 1:59, maybe they will like the sound of this and check out the album when it's released.

• Like 2

Still not over..

70be77ba9cd3febc0641aa5a9ee0740fe2a404b8

• Like 3

We need Rocket on the album :coffee2:

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Ethereal said:

Is this tea btw or an educated guess? Either way it makes total sense.

19 hours ago, 99sandthe2000s said:

Also, I must be the only one that isn't feeling Big Boi. I actually think it's borderline terrible. It sounds like a 2003 album track from a mid-tier R&B girl. A Japanese bonus track tea.

I really don't get why our girls make ish so unnecessarily hard for themselves. 

IMO, even surface observation of the most successful releases quickly shows that your song has to bang in one or both of the following: radio or the club. 

Big Boi does not sound like it would thrive in either. I can see it making for a great performance track (just based on how they can jazz it up sonically). 

But as a standalone song, I am not moved in the slightest. Some of the lyrics are cringey and too on the nose too "ass on this bad *****, bad as a *****". Chile.

I trust/hope there will be better ish on the album.

Edited by Cbreezy
  • Like 1

Still can't get over how downright weird the Candy Paint release has been. She hyped it up for so long, everyone around her kept strongly insinuating this would be "the big moment" in promoting the album, and yet over 36 hours into its release, we've gotten one tweet and one Instagram post as the only acknowledgment by her that the song even exists :deadbanana2: Like if the video's not ready yet, that's one thing, but why not a TikTok? Why not a lyric video? Why not an informal performance/dance video she could have filmed in less than an hour? It's all just so odd and it's kind of making me believe whoever in here floated the theory that RCA plans on dropping her after this album so they're just going through the motions :rip:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

15 minutes ago, shelven said:

Still can't get over how downright weird the Candy Paint release has been. She hyped it up for so long, everyone around her kept strongly insinuating this would be "the big moment" in promoting the album, and yet over 36 hours into its release, we've gotten one tweet and one Instagram post as the only acknowledgment by her that the song even exists :deadbanana2: Like if the video's not ready yet, that's one thing, but why not a TikTok? Why not a lyric video? Why not an informal performance/dance video she could have filmed in less than an hour? It's all just so odd and it's kind of making me believe whoever in here floated the theory that RCA plans on dropping her after this album so they're just going through the motions :rip:

Maybe that's why @/WheresJay disappeared from the forum before  release night 💀💀💀

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, shelven said:

Sorry to double post but I do wonder if it has to do with the music video not being ready for yesterday? It was only apparently filmed less than a month ago if some *insiders* are to be believed.

It seems like she has no budget at all. Not even a brand deal happened which is pretty common when releasing something. 

28 minutes ago, popularmoonlight said:

It seems like she has no budget at all. Not even a brand deal happened which is pretty common when releasing something. 

She did she had that Nike deal but she doesn't like to post anything on her actual page. So the brand deals just come and go. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.