Normani

URBAN

The version of Candy Paint they released sounds great to me, my only complaint is that they should have included that woman screaming in the leaked video at that party

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• popularmoonlight

• AFullMoonlight

• Flare

• nooniebao

I'm thinking that RCA had to pull her hand. Just think about it; why was she teasing a song if they had no plans to release it before the album. It's clear to me that Normani or her team promised that the mcu would be ready by today and clearly it wasn't by @WheresJayand @wildsidenormani words. It seems to me that they running behind schedule with the shooting/retooling of the mv's. I wouldn't surprised if RCA told her that she would be releasing with or without the visuals. I think Normani just needs to work on her time management. It shouldn't be hard to do especially when she hasn't had a real press tour in 2 years. I'm pretty sure we may be getting a movie with the release because if you noticed whenever you put both CP and 1:59 on a playlist they automatically skip. That usually happens when the Music app hasn't calibrated the song to be listened to fully. They do the same thing with K-pop pre-releases. 

That's probably why she is so upset. She wanted to wait to release but she couldn't sway them to postpone. Didn't they do the same thing with Doja during hot pink. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

Posted (edited)

She's on holiday right now :weeps: 

Edited by Ethereal

Good on her for turning off the comments, you already know how many "fans" would be in there dragging her for not releasing a video

OMG is this true @WheresJay

4 minutes ago, justifymythreads said:

OMG is this true @WheresJay

There's literally an article where Normani talked to the person from EW and confirmed it so yes it's true....

https://ew.com/normani-candy-paint-had-to-be-on-debut-album-dopamine-interview-8654904

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, remming said:

There's literally an article where Normani talked to the person from EW and confirmed it so yes it's true....

https://ew.com/normani-candy-paint-had-to-be-on-debut-album-dopamine-interview-8654904

Right like why tag to ask a question that's clearly answered in the— oh wait girls don't read :monkey:

• Haha 7

As I suspected from the clips I heard before, Candy Paint does not sound like a hit. 

After hearing it for myself, I totally agree with the posters who had issues with the mix. Like what exactly is that moog sounding bass line supposed to be. Yikes.

According to this EW article, the album comes out June 21st :lakitu:

2 minutes ago, Space&Time said:

As I suspected from the clips I heard before, Candy Paint does not sound like a hit. 

After hearing it for myself, I totally agree with the posters who had issues with the mix. Like what exactly is that moog sounding bass line supposed to be. Yikes.

TBH none of the music that comes out is catchy as it was in 2010's. I personally think that it sounds great. I just think they could've added some more vocal layering on the actual chorus. Other than that it's a fun song that does well at the club or on radio. 

4 minutes ago, popularmoonlight said:

According to this EW article, the album comes out June 21st :lakitu:

That better be a mistake. I'm letting her drown if they pushback because what difference will a week make? Just gives us the damn album. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Space&Time said:

lol i've seen nothing but everybody love it. even blogs that have clowned her so this is a lie. y'all get on here just running those beef suckers for no reason.

candy paint BANGS. i'm not the happiest with her rn but candy paint rides okay?!

• Haha 1

I feel like this article is trash and got the date wrong too lol

15 minutes ago, Arianna Kylie said:

lol i've seen nothing but everybody love it. even blogs that have clowned her so this is a lie. y'all get on here just running those beef suckers for no reason.

candy paint BANGS. i'm not the happiest with her rn but candy paint rides okay?!

Orrr maybe some people don't just jump on bandwagons just because they like Normani… Most of y'all are going to eat everything she does up even if it's mid. 

Y'all are the same ones who were saying most of her leaks were bops when they were mid at most (besides rocket & insomnia)

The mix sounds poor compared to the teaser version if you can't hear a difference that's an issue with you and your ears lol. If y'all enjoy it great, however, personally I think with a better mix it has greater potential, but we shall see. I'll eat my words if I'm wrong but until then… Revert back to this post. 🤷🏽‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, benten010 said:

Orrr maybe some people don't just jump on bandwagons just because they like Normani… Most of y'all are going to eat everything she does up even if it's mid. 

Y'all are the same ones who were saying most of her leaks were bops when they were mid at most (besides rocket & insomnia)

The mix sounds poor compared to the teaser version if you can't hear a difference that's an issue with you and your ears lol. If y'all enjoy it great, however, personally I think with a better mix it has greater potential, but we shall see. I'll eat my words if I'm wrong but until then… Revert back to this post. 🤷🏽‍♂️

i LITERALLY said i'm not the happiest with her at the moment so if something is mid, i've got no problem saying so. some of y'all gotta touch some GRASS and understand her roll out is not YOUR LIFE. if normani puts something out i don't like i've got no problem saying so, that woman doesn't pay my bills. i root for her and support her but some of y'all do WAY too much about **** like you invested money into her project and it's pitiful.

the rollout has absolutely been sloppy and hasn't been the greatest but CANDY PAINT is a banger. i don't hear the issues with the "mixing" and if y'all do? the beauty of music is it's in the ears of whomever is listening.

like you mf's kill me. it's almost like you have to repeat you don't like something so you believe it lol.

tryna think piece me bc i like something you don't like is not gonna change my mind. i'm bumping candy paint as we speak :coffee2:

Edited by Arianna Kylie
  • Thumbs Down 1

It's a lil funny that most of the articles all say the exact same thing. There should be better way to make branding right? lol 

@zeta did they? The EW article? I just checked and it still says 21 :(

it needs to be the 21st at this rate lmao

The way she said she's a visual artist but doesn't put out any video or performance for 1:59 and Candy Paint… :dies:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Arianna Kylie said:

it needs to be the 21st at this rate lmao

Why? I feel like it won't make any difference honestly 

They saying they changed the mix on twitter, do y'all hear a difference ?

How does adding Wild Side to the album affect the album sales certifications?  

That should at least make her go Gold right?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.