Normani

URBAN

Not her announcing candy paint at 12am est when the song has been out for half a day down under and then limiting comments on the announcement post. Her management truly is something else. She is not being managed!

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• popularmoonlight

• AFullMoonlight

• Flare

• nooniebao

1 minute ago, hiimalec said:

Not her announcing candy paint at 12am est when the song has been out for half a day down under and then limiting comments on the announcement post. Her management truly is something else. She is not being managed!

And they didn't even have some basic TikTok video ready to post at midnight even though that Latrice dance challenge is the only reason anyone outside of her extremely core fanbase knows the song exists. They're truly not even bothering to try :toofunny3:

On the bright side, CP has better reception better than 1:59 which had to take that brutal beating to lessen the expectation. Visuals clearly aren't coming until the album releases. 

• Like 1

This is just sad ... I don't have words for this rollout. This couldn't have been what she waited seven years to perfect :emofish: 

• Like 2

All i'm saying is they better beat us over the head with "new album incoming" these next couple of weeks because what i'm seeing isn't someone who wants to do more than cosmo game videos at this point!!!!

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Ethereal said:

The final version is more lowkey than I was expecting,  I don't think it's single material.

I've been saying this for TWO YEARS! It doesn't even sound like the original audio we heard, but I'm sure they've tweaked it a million times since then. Both singles have been so uneventful, they're pretty much useless when they're a preview of what's to come. Videos will help tremendously

She's going on her annual birthday trip. We're really not getting anything this week. Lol 

• Confused 1

Hate the wig but that face card damnnn

GO4WKVLaEAAEvnk?format=jpg&name=large

14 hours ago, WheresJay said:

Logging off. Sending my heart to everyone who has waited and gotten to this point. 

Y'all did not take this post serious enough. He was warning us very clearly lol. 

We going downhill! 

• Haha 1

ugh ive already listened to this back to back to back, im now going unto more new music 

9 minutes ago, Flare said:

Y'all did not take this post serious enough. He was warning us very clearly lol. 

We going downhill! 

:suburban:

We are in the home stretch now. A six year saga coming to an end. Dopamine in two weeks. :celestial4:

• Like 4

I dont think this song has a chance with GP… 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

I personally enjoy it, but 1:59 is better than Candy Paint.

At this point, it doesn't matter to me whether she tops the charts. One of Normani's strengths is her music videos and performance skills, and it's really concerning that neither she nor her team think it's a good idea to release a performance video or visual for her songs. Even independent artists manage to put out performance videos without much difficulty, so why can't Normani? It wouldn't be very costly either.

:gaycat6:

• Haha 2

omg. i. just omg.

2 more weeks til Big Boi 🔥🔥🔥

2 more weeks til we hear a new collection of beautifully crafted songs from Mani, TBHits, Starrah and others 🫶🫶🖤

I am grateful that we made it this far

I am grateful for the creative minds that worked hard to create GREAT music, not a quick buck. Music that truly excites us.

Mani's music is one of a kind

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, 99sandthe2000s said:

:gaycat6:

Is this your debut single? :rip: 

42 minutes ago, Ethereal said:

Is this your debut single? :rip: 

Not you doing Villano like that

I think Candy Paint has to grow on me. I like 1:59 on first listen and still like it. It took so long for the beat to come in and when it finally came in it sounds so soft???

2 hours ago, Ethereal said:

I personally enjoy it, but 1:59 is better than Candy Paint.

At this point, it doesn't matter to me whether she tops the charts. One of Normani's strengths is her music videos and performance skills, and it's really concerning that neither she nor her team think it's a good idea to release a performance video or visual for her songs. Even independent artists manage to put out performance videos without much difficulty, so why can't Normani? It wouldn't be very costly either.

That's the thing. A dance video,could have easily been shot for a low effort quick win, to keep momentum even if they didn't have a music video ready on release. The choreo already exists. They literally could have even stolen footage from the Bose commerical nnnn :deadbanana2:

I wanted to be optimistic that things would change for an actual album rollout, but to stay sane I will join @shelven et al. in just expecting the worst here on out :gaycat6: 

• Like 1

That album will be KILLLLEEEEER 

everything I love in one album. Smooth RNB à la HER/Summer Walker/Jhene Aiko + BANGERS à la Beyonce good LAWD this was made for ME.

• Like 1

Candy Paint now #20 on US itunes. so far it is doing well.

• Like 1

not she disabled comments on the candy paint IG post. she really said i don't wanna hear from any of all f words 

spacer.png

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, wildsidenormani said:

not she disabled comments on the candy paint IG post. she really said i don't wanna hear from any of all f words 

spacer.png

:deadbanana4:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.