Normani

URBAN

The final mix just sounds different to me, just a mix i need to get used to I guess. It's definitely better than the leaked demo

• Like 1

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• popularmoonlight

• AFullMoonlight

• Flare

• nooniebao

3 minutes ago, noemani said:

They saying big boi leaked on the bird app...

This day really couldn't get any worse :rip:

• Confused 1

Just now, zeta said:

The high frequencies sound weird. Also, a 2022 version of Big Boy leaked and apparently that person is going to leak the whole album :rip:

They're going to get sued. Why would anyone do this? And I found it so its very real. Time to start panicking.

1 minute ago, Ethereal said:

Big Boi is the Diamond they're looking for :jonny3:

You heard it ? Damn... just when I thought this rollout couldn't get any messier

I'd feel really bad for Normani if her stuff leaked two weeks ahead of time. That's so unfair to her despite what people might think about this entire rollout.

13 minutes ago, wildsidenormani said:

This day really couldn't get any worse :rip:

I tend to agree, but always remember this online community is SO small in the grand scheme that all of this will still be new to most people when the album drops so that helps to remember.

Regarding Big Boy….you can tell that probably isn't the final mix/master but even with that said…..I'm not mad at the song. She did that. A very smooth vibe.

We should learn to never count our girl out.

Happy Candy Paint Friday!

Logging off. Sending my heart to everyone who has waited and gotten to this point. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

Dopamine is released randomly so I really feel like they're going with the theme still lol. That's why she had a first dose and randomly shared that 1:59/candy paint teaser. 

Then CP gets released surprisingly (but not really cause that tik tok challenge starts with it). 

What I do hope is that the dual video gets released soon after. It'll make sense considering the album theme.

Not y'all leaving before the meltdowns.  :deadbanana2:

• Haha 4

That Tommy Brown call bout to be real :duca: I'm still hopeful it'll all work out in the end 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

No cause I just played Candy Paint in my car to make sure I'm not tripping and it DOES NOT SOUND MIXED WELL AT ALLLLL!! It sounds like a demo in the first verse?!? When I play the teaser it sounds soo good, what happened to that version? 

I'm afraid the song won't be taking off if that's the version that gets released at midnight.. 😫😫

i doubt theyre gonna leak the album

theyre letting people buy the album from them but thats it, probs too afraid of the lawsuit

I honestly feel bad because it seems like us as fans waited so long and now we're kind of getting everything thrown out in a disorganized manner. Dare I say id almost rather wait longer but have a proper rollout. Like .. after all these years this was the ideal plan? Surely not 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, benten010 said:

No cause I just played Candy Paint in my car to make sure I'm not tripping and it DOES NOT SOUND MIXED WELL AT ALLLLL!! It sounds like a demo in the first verse?!? When I play the teaser it sounds soo good, what happened to that version? 

I'm afraid the song won't be taking off if that's the version that gets released at midnight.. 😫😫

I think that's just how it's supposed to sound. I remember WheresJay told us long ago that it slowly builds up into a sound with full production throughout the song and it sounds just like that to me. I do agree, the first verse sounded a bit better to me on the teaser but it might be because we're used to it. Overall I'm very happy with what they did on the final mix it doesn't sound as "dull" as the leaked demo 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Motivation93 said:

I honestly feel bad because it seems like us as fans waited so long and now we're kind of getting everything thrown out in a disorganized manner. Dare I say id almost rather wait longer but have a proper rollout. Like .. after all these years this was the ideal plan? Surely not 

I can't agree lol. it's been too long. I would have preferred for them to just throw the album out with no buildup though. Like she could have announced the album on a Wednesday and then Friday, it could have been released.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I at least mean since they're going the rollout route - where are the music videos? She's a visual artist? It just doesn't seem like a fully actualized rollout :(

Edited by Motivation93
  • Like 2

i heard a preview of it on apple music and y'all… 😕. REGARDLESS I'M STILL EXCITED!!!

What a mess indeed. Why exactly is everything coming out like this???? 

Candy Paint sounds good but the mixing of her voice does sound a lil weird. I loved the tweaking they did tho. 

Big Boi is.. interesting 

• Like 1

Just now, popularmoonlight said:

What a mess indeed. Why exactly is everything coming out like this???? 

Candy Paint sounds good but the mixing of her voice does sound a lil weird. I loved the tweaking they did tho. 

Big Boi is.. interesting 

Kinda want them to release the album before selecting a third single. 

Oh no cause see I just heard Big Boi and it's exactly what @WheresJay & @wildsidenormani was trying to tell y'all… ITS THEE BOP!!! THAT SHOULD BE THE NEXT SINGLE. What?!?!?

I feel bad for her, this rollout is so bad, like dropping this highly anticipated single without a video is just strange and randomly without any real build up.

If you guys are already logging off about this, you better be prepared to stay off ATRL for the entire week of June 14 because these album debut numbers are going to be UGLY at this rate :dies: My bar has lowered so much that I'll now be pleasantly surprised if the final US debut week number is 5 digits :toofunny2:

She's an arts not the charts niche artist, it's fine :eli:

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, shelven said:

If you guys are already logging off about this, you better be prepared to stay off ATRL for the entire week of June 14 because these album debut numbers are going to be UGLY at this rate :dies: My bar has lowered so much that I'll now be pleasantly surprised if the final US debut week number is 5 digits :toofunny2:

She's an arts not the charts niche artist, it's fine :eli:

This is exactly why I was annoyed with those twitter nation stans (like that nasty 35 year old Lisa person). They talked so much crap on other people's faves and their rollouts. Normani about to get dragged to HELLLLL all over the internet. It's about to be so nasty and it's all the stans fault.

At least we all could have hid behind the RCA excuse and played victim if they weren't bullying every last new and established artist under the sun the last couple years. :deadbanana4:

-

If the album is good quality, maybe that will save this but otherwise, one of the nastiest weeks of stan world is coming on tiktok, twitter, and insta. Oh and the video essays on youtube about to go nuts. Brandon and S10 were never the issue. Def Normani and RCA caused all of this. Album should have dropped years ago and this should have been album #2. :bird:

Edited by Flare
  • Like 5

I mean, chart-topping success was never something I expected for her debut, hopefully she manages to gain a niche-fanbase

Ridiculous.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.