Normani

URBAN

We need a CP video like .. what is the plan? Clearly they're going for longevity not high debuts ?

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• popularmoonlight

• AFullMoonlight

• Flare

• nooniebao

I think it's a given that Candy Paint has a MV at this point. This following should be pretty agitated. I'm excited. 

1 hour ago, Can said:

the question is if CP is coming with a music video on release day @WheresJay @wildsidenormani

no babes 

not at this rate 

• Confused 4

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, wildsidenormani said:

no babes 

not at this rate 

would be one of her biggest mistakes in her album rollout

Edited by Can
  • Like 1

What happened to the music video that was allegedly shot last year? 

There's so many people saying different things. Twitter is saying the video was shot by Petra Collins and I have mixed feelings about that if true.

1 hour ago, wildsidenormani said:

no babes 

not at this rate 

please say sike… 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rhas20 said:

please say sike… 

It's being filmed as we speak 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Wtf so the music video isn't coming with the release @wildsidenormani is their plan longevity ?

3 hours ago, AFullMoonlight said:

There's so many people saying different things. Twitter is saying the video was shot by Petra Collins and I have mixed feelings about that if true.

that's fake boo even though her name was mentioned some time this year 

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, wildsidenormani said:

…what? you're joking, right?

Edited by NormaniQueen

Is anyone else hoping there's a Last Best Thing-ish type song on the album?

• Like 1

With all due respect that music video should've been filmed by now but I'm still excited for what's to come.

My god, the CP video isn't even filmed?! We can never win. It's one step forward (ex: amazing teaser), two steps backward (ex: no video for CP) with her and her team. 

Why are they set on not releasing a video during its release week when it's been known that Normani is a visual artist…

• Like 2

I'm going to say nobody knows normani schedule expect normani & rca she has shot multiple videos without nobody knowing 😭. It's kinda funny because nobody knew she shot that dopamine teaser at all.

1 minute ago, Crank_It_Up said:

My god, the CP video isn't even filmed?! We can never win. It's one step forward (ex: amazing teaser), two steps backward (ex: no video for CP) with her and her team. 

Why are they set on not releasing a video during its release week when it's been known that Normani is a visual artist…

Everything about this rollout is just bad. I don't understand why they didn't just throw the album out the week after she announced it if nothing got done in the months in between the album announcement and 1:59's release. The album should have been completed when she announced it because it's been 6 years... It's not that hard to pick 10 - 17 songs. Vinyls and CD's should have been available to purchase on pre-order and most importantly singles should have been picked and videos should have been shot. It didn't need to be expensive videos but something should have been done but as long as they're not expecting some huge numbers it's whatever at this point :laugh:.

I only have an issue if her people and RCA are delusional about big numbers but if they just want to get the album out then I am fine with everything. 

• Thumbs Down 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, wildsidenormani said:

then she should just wait until june 7 lmao…. until then maybe the mv can be edited and ready for release date 

Edited by Can

5 minutes ago, Way0faj said:

I'm going to say nobody knows normani schedule expect normani & rca she has shot multiple videos without nobody knowing 😭. It's kinda funny because nobody knew she shot that dopamine teaser at all.

we knew she was shooting something tho (via instagram live) which was the album trailer

Candy Paint will probably have a great first week with or without a video.

Releasing a video (which given her track record will be a good one) 1-2 weeks later could give her a moment + boost first week Dopamine sales.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, toast said:

Candy Paint will probably have a great first week with or without a video.

Releasing a video (which given her track record will be a good one) 1-2 weeks later could give her a moment + boost first week Dopamine sales.

My thoughts exactly. It would be nice to have on release day, but getting either the week after or album release day doesn't seem bad at all. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

She's lipping to 1:59? Why would she have Gunna in a trailer video for three seconds? Surely there has to be a full video?

Edited by AFullMoonlight
  • Like 1

See the confusion in here comes from the fact people think she's going to drop one video at a time.

Meanwhile, the word around is that she's doing a visual album type situation. So the album will come with a couple of visuals. :bird:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Flare said:

See the confusion in here comes from the fact people think she's going to drop one video at a time.

Meanwhile, the word around is that she's doing a visual album type situation. So the album will come with a couple of visuals. :bird:

Yes, i saw Kwasi like a few tweets on twitter about a Visual album which would be amazing. That would bring a lot of attention to the album too.

22 minutes ago, AFullMoonlight said:

She's lipping to 1:59? Why would she have Gunna in a trailer video for three seconds? Surely there has to be a full video?

Her make up artist Rokael beauty confirmed there is a 1:59 video and that he can't wait for it to drop. I think people are wondering if candy paint has a video.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, popularmoonlight said:

Do you know who directed CP music video? Drop a hint babies

When the hint was that Candy Paint's video is being directed by Dave Meyers:duca:

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.