Normani

URBAN

11 minutes ago, AFullMoonlight said:

Is it a hint or just praise for Motivation?

their silence and not replying is killing me

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• popularmoonlight

• AFullMoonlight

• Flare

• nooniebao

@WheresJay @wildsidenormani they have a ''second dose'' coming?

27 minutes ago, Can said:

their silence and not replying is killing me

🪜 😵‍💫

8 minutes ago, WheresJay said:

🪜 😵‍💫

whatever that means…😭😟

• Haha 3

She's coming to save pop music

It was worth the wait all along.

4bb9ae5b24b25119db706f3d919d9c78_w200.gi

• Like 2

Let's get into the Budget!

• Like 1

wheresjay and wildsidenormani y'all better quit playing!! 

spacer.png

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, WheresJay said:

🪜 😵‍💫

so this is the hint you were talking about the other day

3 hours ago, WheresJay said:

🪜 😵‍💫

200.gif?cid=a595bef3ett4yn4ijav2lsqectq7
Are you referring to this ?

6 hours ago, wildsidenormani said:

:):):)

MOTIVATION IS ON THE ALBUM 

spacer.png

If Motivation ends up on the album, from a business standpoint, it's smart because the song has 400m streams on Spotify and is her most remembered hit because of the iconic music video. 

Normani is literally thee pop girl we have ALL been waiting for, i'm so excited to see what she's going to do for the Candy Paint (or Candypaint?) mv!!!!

Posted (edited)

The aesthetic soundscape of DOPAMINE.... with Motivation in the mix?

spacer.png

If 1 + 0:59 is 1:59 then that don't make no sense. Unless maybe there's a Motivation Remix (L-DOPA Edition) or a nod to it in the record?

Edited by NobodysFool

27 minutes ago, Not Like The Movies said:

If Motivation ends up on the album, from a business standpoint, it's smart because the song has 400m streams on Spotify and is her most remembered hit because of the iconic music video. 

Not happening 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, WheresJay said:

🪜 😵‍💫

was this just ur way of saying "the latter" ? lmaooo

2 hours ago, WheresJay said:

Not happening 

so tell us the hint king

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Monkey_Juice said:

Let's get into the Budget!

Let's! 

But I actually see this from a slightly different perspective. 

I am LOVING that this looks/feels premium without feeling super expensive either. Stay with me...

Granted I'm not "in" Mani's budget like that to know the ins and outs, I used to live for the fact the Motivation video watched so MPG-expensive and that she confirmed that the stunning Wild Side video cost over $1 million. Again, giving MPG.

Until...

I realized that that may be what's causing "some" of the issues at the label. Blowing big bags on videos for songs that don't go #1 or even top 10 (and thus don't recoup) actually can leave an artist worse for wear. In many ways, Mani ends up with this very lush "videography" but at what expense? There needs to be funds in the budget for all the things we've yet to have for her like: streaming push, radio tours, and performances.  

Labels are a business and, much as we see the potential in her, they aren't going to throw endless sums of $$$ at her campaign just because. It has to make sense fiscally. And remembering how open she was about "going back and forth" with the label over money for both the Motivation and Wild Side videos adds a lil more "grown up" / eye-opening context to the nothingness that followed both of those releases.

Again, not in her budget or close to her campaign, but applying a real-life, real-business filter to her trajectory kinda makes a lot of ish make more sense.

The upside now is that I feel like she/her team FINALLY get that SHE is the attraction. I don't even care for 1:59 but the intensity of her performance and how she sells it in the album trailer sells the song x100. When in actuality and practicality it was probably shot in a small, well-lit studio space for all the scenes.

Simply speaking, everything need not be a splashy Dave Meyers affair (as much as I love those videos). I'd take multiple simple, performance-led videos than one costly video that doesn't allow for much else after. She is a STAR and can sell anything. I just want that paired with cost-effective strategy.

Edited by Cbreezy
  • Like 8

the budget is definitely giving BIG for the dopamine album trailer. i can't wait to see what else normani (and the team) has in store for the music videos… like are we gonna get a visual album???

Why did she have to scrap Rocket this song is so good and it also fitted the era perfectly 

Cry Crying GIF

• Like 3

7 hours ago, WheresJay said:

Not happening 

But Wild Side and Fair happening on album right ?

4 minutes ago, Candy Painted said:

But Wild Side and Fair happening on album right ?

Pretty sure we've already been told anything released before 1:59 isn't on the album

• Like 1

2 hours ago, noemani said:

Why did she have to scrap Rocket this song is so good and it also fitted the era perfectly 

Cry Crying GIF

True, I'm still obsessed with that song. 

@WheresJay @wildsidenormani Do you know who directed CP music video? Drop a hint babies

The way I knew it was coming on the 31rst :deadbanana2:

Does this mean something for 1:59 drops next week though? 

10 minutes ago, AFullMoonlight said:

The way I knew it was coming on the 31rst :deadbanana2:

Does this mean something for 1:59 drops next week though? 

They been saying this on the bird app but how we know it's coming on the 31st for sure ?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.