Normani

URBAN

choosing to save my breakdown for the end of week 2 and just enjoying that this album dropped and it's actually excellent

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• popularmoonlight

• AFullMoonlight

• Flare

• nooniebao

27 minutes ago, Flare said:

Why are you melting down? Hell, since when are you a meltdown stan? Be calm :deadbanana4:

-

I do think it's time we question why Normani & her team booked no festivals, no concrete tour news, no stationhead/fan live, no in person event post-release, no tv interviews, no radio interviews, no performance on a late show, no day time talk show, no podcast interview, no twitter album q&a, no studio footage, no discussion of working with victoria (she dropped this week, use her name for clout hello!), not even a tiktok live?

Like what's going on here? It's giving they think she's Beyonce for real. Drop and go silent. I can understand no music videos and stuff that take budget but everything I just listed (minus the performances if they get dancers or any in-person event) is cheap or free. 

Exactly. Where's the content she did with Destiny Vaughn? I can understand the aversion to social media, but she can do stuff like recorded performances and diary videos. They promote her like a tenure act and although she's been in the industry for a minute, she's nothing of the sort. This is a brand new spanking artist who needs to be promoting her stuff. She says nobody cares more than her, but she doesn't act like it. People on the outside (not a part of her base) thinks this is absolutely crazy and unheard of because it is.

Also, it's high time Spotify stopped having streaming data available to the public. Hate that a great album is about to get crapped on because it didn't meet unrealistic expectations. They better work the hell out of this for the rest of the year! I'm expecting to see her name on festival lineups soon.

• Like 4

I feel like the only people having a breakdown about the numbers are delusional. I have known from how the rollout has been that the numbers weren't going to be good. People may have thought I was being a hater but I really love Normani. I am just realistic :laugh:

The album is great and getting good feedback. If her team releases the music videos the same day the physical copies ship, her album may be able to re-peak later this summer. Maybe in the top 15.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Flare said:

My question is, what are they expecting? What's the plan? I'm getting the vibe they aren't doing any tour or anything lowkey. They might release some visuals then Normani is going off to do movies or something else.

It's giving a "here damn theres the album shut up" moment and not "omg we're dropping a high quality debut album that we'll push the rest of 2024 and try to get a grammy nom". :deadbanana4:

The complete lack of effort even after seeing the initial GOOD reception, scares me. 

She keeps talking about touring though.

Why is everyone freaking out when her AM performance has been exceeding expectations?

even her iTunes sales have been good.

theres more than just Spotify.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, _jays_ said:

Why is everyone freaking out when her AM performance has been exceeding expectations?

I don't think anybody's truly freaking out. True meltdowns are the ones we had after the Fair video diabolical (iykyk) and of course that recent tussle with the track list debate. I think this album is really resonating with the audience she hadn't secured yet coming from a Pop girl group which is why we're seeing the switch from Spotify to Apple. She's doing decently for somebody with lack of promo. So that's great at least. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, _jays_ said:

What are her AM numbers ?

5 minutes ago, Givemeyourcoat said:

The album is in the Top 6 of all albums GLOBALLY on Apple Music and #9 in the USA. In the US she's the #3 female album behind Billie and Taylor

On ITunes she's #3 in the US and has charted in the top 10 in many countries

Spotify (where most of their listeners are free accounts) skews heavily towards pop and country so I'm not surprised Normani hasn't done well there on day 1. There's still plenty of time though, some of the early TikTok vids are getting traction

• Thanks 6

10 minutes ago, AFullMoonlight said:

I don't think anybody's truly freaking out. True meltdowns are the ones we had after the Fair video diabolical (iykyk) and of course that recent tussle with the track list debate. I think this album is really resonating with the audience she hadn't secured yet coming from a Pop girl group which is why we're seeing the switch from Spotify to Apple. She's doing decently for somebody with lack of promo. So that's great at least. 

Oh yeah I didn't mean in here. I mean in the Album thread but I quickly realized who we're dealing with over there lol

I'm so happy about her connecting with the audience she's wanted though. They'll be the ones to propel this album.

7 minutes ago, Givemeyourcoat said:

Not totally sure but there are songs rising up the pop and R&B charts and the album holding steady at #9 would appear to be a good sign

Just noticed All Yours is listed as a single on AM :duca:

Edited by AFullMoonlight
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, AFullMoonlight said:

Just noticed All Yours is listed as single on AM :duca:

What I find interesting is that the "Trending Songs" tab on the home page of Apple Music updated this morning and All Yours moved up from its previous position last night. 1:59 and Candy Paint both consistently fell down the list as time went on. So could be a good sign that it's connecting well on the playlists it's in.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, shelven said:

What I find interesting is that the "Trending Songs" tab on the home page of Apple Music updated this morning and All Yours moved up from its previous position last night. 1:59 and Candy Paint both consistently fell down the list as time went on. So could be a good sign that it's connecting well on the playlists it's in.

What's the AM position for All Yours?

9 minutes ago, _jays_ said:

#81 R&B

That's good. I think it was at 192 yesterday and big boy was 162 on pop so progress…

21 minutes ago, ToraeGilt said:

That's good. I think it was at 192 yesterday and big boy was 162 on pop so progress…

AM chart positions 

all yours - 81 r&b

big boy - 114 pop

insomnia - 141 pop

still - 160 pop

• Like 1

IM AAAAAAALLLLL YOUUUUUURS (IM ALL YOURS IM ALL YOURS)

IM AAAAAAALLLLL YOUUUUUURS (IM ALL YOURS IM ALL YOURS)

FROM THE STAIRS TO THE BED TO THE FLOOR (IM ALL YOURS)

IM AAAAAAALLLLL YOUUUUUURS

YOU ALL MINE

MM AH MM AH IN YO HEAD LIKE

IN YO BED LIKE MM AH MM AH

IM JUST LIKE MM AH MM AH

TAKE IT THERE LIKE MM AH MM AH

RIGHT THERE LIKE MM AH MM AH

MM AH MM AH

:WAP::WAP::WAP::WAP:

cant get it out of my head

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I loooove the transition between All yours, Lights On and Take my time AGAIN. 

Also, I def don't care about Candy Paint, I skip it 😭

47 minutes ago, scrltwtch said:

AM chart positions 

all yours - 81 r&b

big boy - 114 pop

insomnia - 141 pop

still - 160 pop

I wanted Insomnia to be the fall single after Candy Paint but maybe it should be All yours. Everyone seems to love that one.

• Like 1

On the bright side, this did better than Chloe's debut, which had multiple visuals and promo. After a 2-year hiatus, Mani's numbers outdid my expectations.

IMG_5763.png?ex=666f880a&is=666e368a&hm=

The era just launched, let's wait for the performances/visuals before we start freaking out :celestial5:

• Like 6

Me and @shelven were posting our low predictions for weeks now. This isn't shocking. Normani still put out a great body of work she can build on. People just don't know she exists. :laugh:. She's going to have to stop this disappearing act for a while. RCA also should have booked her somewhere this week.

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.