• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nathanspears

• Danai G

• Outlaws

• Gwendolyn

She really has disappeared... her website has also been removed. I've tried to ask her label PR person what's happening but got nothing back.

She gets me so excited, teases me and then nothing :skull:

I really hope she's getting geared up for the next single but I doubt it sadly. This project sounded so cool so I hope they see it through.

If the problem is that the single flopped then they need a wake-up call because you can't release a song and then post nothing about it for a month, drop a meh music video quickly, and then disappear again. She's never going to get any commercial success with that strategy.

At this point, I'm back to being convinced she actually hates the music industry and doesn't actually want any success or anything to do with it. It almost feels like she tries to flop on purpose. Maybe her struggles with all the labels over the years have killed her passion for music? There are so many things they could be doing better.

I don't understand what's going on at all. I don't get how she can be happy performing at these shows and doing the same 3/4 songs over and over and over again.

Monthly rant over

Edited by nathanspears

I kind of gave up... but on the other hand I love her so much and I'm always so perched for this ungrateful ***** and her "team".

Not her official website just vanishing :deadbanana4:

Honestly, it's so sad. Loreen is so damn talented and her voice/talent is a gift. 

I said it some weeks ago that I think anything she's doing musically these days is just out of contractual obligation rather than actual passion.

I've accepted at this point that ATLAS (if it's even a thing at this point) or any other album is never coming. Heal turns 10 in three months time too, watch her pay it dust :deadbanana:

Where the **** did Sober (early version) go? I can't find it on Spotify, omg :chick3:

14 minutes ago, Outlaws said:

Where the **** did Sober (early version) go? I can't find it on Spotify, omg :chick3:

I think the single version is only available in some regions, you'll have to use Youtube

Just now, nathanspears said:

I think the single version is only available in some regions, you'll have to use Youtube

:chick3: ugh

• 4 weeks later...

She's alive

https://www.instagram.com/p/ChUp5esj6Dh/

There's nothing new in the article. She's buying a marina and opening a restaurant with her boyfriend.

Nothing about music. Nothing about Neon Lights.

They're still endlessly teasing this acting stuff.

I'm done again, I'll be back when we have new music or at least something tangible I can enjoy

Edited by nathanspears

• 2 weeks later...

Universal Music recently acquired the rights to the following songs, so I assume they may be released somewhere between 2022-2023:

Innuendo (Jens Duvsjö, Loreen) (produced by Duvchi)

Shield (Linnea Deb, Axwell, Loreen) (prod. Axwell)
Die For (Linnea Deb, Loreen, Martin Tjärnberg) (prod. Martin Tjärnberg)
Badlands (Joy Deb, Linnea Deb, Anton Hård af Segerstad, Loreen) (prod. The Family)

Additionally, Universal did also obtain the rights to Crying Out Your Name, We Got the Power, '71 Charger, Dreams, Fire Blue, Hate the Way I Love You, I Go Ego and Love Me America.

Edited by Paperlight

5 hours ago, Paperlight said:

Universal Music recently bought the rights to the following songs (potential Paperlight outtakes), so I assume they may be released somewhere between 2022 and 2023:

Badlands (Joy Deb, Linnea Deb, Anton Hård af Segerstad, Loreen) (prod. The Family)

Additionally, Universal did also obtain the rights of "Crying Out Your Name", "We Got the Power", "'71 Charger", "Dreams", "Fire Blue", "Hate the Way I Love You", "I Go Ego" and "Love Me America", among others.

No Dumpster :sad:

At this point, I think she's homophobic, because 2 albums in 10 years, Adele could never! Where is it, Loreen?

On 8/26/2022 at 7:29 PM, St. Francis said:

No Dumpster :sad:

Dumpster, Jungle and Jupiter Drive fell into the Swedish record label TEN.

Edited by Paperlight

On 8/26/2022 at 12:36 PM, Paperlight said:

Universal Music recently acquired the rights to the following songs (potential Paperlight outtakes), so I assume they may be released somewhere between 2022 and 2023:

Additionally, Universal did also obtain the rights to "Crying Out Your Name", "We Got the Power", "'71 Charger", "Dreams", "Fire Blue", "Hate the Way I Love You", "I Go Ego" and "Love Me America", among others.

Completely been distracted by Britney so missed this. Interesting! Is this public or do you know someone?

Those songs are so old, they have been registered for years. Surprised Generation isn't included, that sounds heavenly from the 3 seconds snippet we got :cries:

On 8/27/2022 at 6:31 AM, Paperlight said:

Dumpster, Jungle and Jupiter Drive fell into the Swedish record label TEN, don’t know why.

Dumpster and JD were produced by Tim Svedberg and Ted Krotkiewski who were part of TEN. Elliphant was part of TEN for Jungle, I guess that's why it went there? Idk.

On 9/1/2022 at 6:04 PM, nathanspears said:

Completely been distracted by Britney so missed this. Interesting! Is this public or do you know someone?

Those songs are so old, they have been registered for years. Surprised Generation isn't included, that sounds heavenly from the 3 seconds snippet we got :cries:

Dumpster and JD were produced by Tim Svedberg and Ted Krotkiewski who were part of TEN. Elliphant was part of TEN for Jungle, I guess that's why it went there? Idk.

After Loreen got signed to Universal, several tracks were reconciled (bought by UMPG to her former label). Those tracks had been commercially frozen ever since they were recorded (once L parted ways with Warner, as they still belonged to their *unreleased* catalogue).

Generation is currently registered by independent recorded labels Mr Radar Music Group and Hipgnosis Sfh I Limited. That’s where L used to register her new stuff before going to sign deals that allowed her to release them under a major label.

Generation is written by Adam Baptiste (Sidewalk, Jupiter Drive) and Loreen herself, produced by Salvatore Ganacci (Paper Light Revisited).

Dumpster was originally part of Paperlight, which was scrapped after L left Warner in 2016-2017. Once her contract expired, she went on to be independent; however, by the time Ride got released (9 months after her Melodifestivalen participation), Loreen hadn’t yet reconciled Dumpster, meaning she legally couldn’t release it as she hadn’t paid the necessary phonographic copyright (℗) to the original label.

I believe she might’ve signed an exclusive deal with TEN by that time, from which only Jupiter Drive and Jungle (featuring Elliphant) saw the light. That’s why composers/producers are the same as Jupiter Drive.

Edited by Paperlight

41 minutes ago, Paperlight said:

After Loreen got signed to Universal, several tracks were reconciled (bought by UMPG to her former label). Those tracks had been commercially frozen ever since they were recorded (once L parted ways with Warner, as they still belonged to their *unreleased* catalogue).

Generation is currently registered by independent recorded labels Mr Radar Music Group and Hipgnosis Sfh I Limited. That’s were L used to register her new stuff before going to sign deals that allowed her to release them under a major label.

Generation is written by Adam Baptiste (Sidewalk, Jupiter Drive) and Loreen herself, produced by Salvatore Ganacci (Paper Light Revisited).

Dumpster was originally part of Paperlight, which was scrapped after L left Warner in 2017. Once her contract expired, she went on to be independent; however, by the time Ride got released (9 months after her Melodifestivalen participation), Loreen hadn’t yet reconciled Dumpster, meaning she legally couldn’t release it as she hadn’t payed the necessary © copyright/℗ phonographic copyright to the original label.

I believe she might’ve signed an exclusive deal with TEN by that time, from which only Jupiter Drive and Jungle (featuring Elliphant) saw the light. That’s why composers/producers are the same as Jupiter Drive.

So Dumpster could be lost forever :cries:

Yeah, a lot of her older stuff is with Mr Radar and also Kobalt?

Sigh, at least things are moving I guess. I just want more music. I don't care if it's from last month or 7 years ago. They're written, recorded, and registered. Just release the damn things :skull: I don't even care for a music video.

EDIT:

Another factor that could play into it is that I think the original recording for Dumpster was corrupt. One of the producers posted on Facebook a picture and it had numerous versions all with (crashed)

No photo description available.

Edited by nathanspears

• 2 months later...

Yaaas! Ready for more Euphoria type of excellence!

She'll release this song and then go AWOL from music she like currently does :zzz:.

Not even an Eurovision entry will make me happy at this point.

5YjlOEI.gif

What the **** is going on with her career?

What is she up to? Will she ever communicate with us?

• 2 weeks later...

Omg, finally something!!! I’m worried about her flopping at melodifestivalen but fingers crossed the song does well!

• 2 months later...

Um, so it looks like Warner is cashing in on Loreen's Melfest appearance??

When I saw it earlier today I thought it was just going to be a new playlist but it seems to be a proper compilation album of her Warner days?!

Not them including Under ytan :rip:

I love it, but that over In My Head or If She's the One?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.