oh should've realized from your username :jonny2:

Exactly bestie :heart:

• Thanks 1

Just realised she used polis letter "Ł" 

Time to come back to Poland 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Niemira said:

This theory, clown mask on:clack:

I love this but it doesn't look realistic :deadbanana: I think '27' means she's dropping the lead single on June 27 or she's dropping the album before turning 28 on November

It's times like these that I wish Lorde stans/Ellaphants were a bigger fandom. If this was Taylor Swift, you would've seen hundreds of threads from Swifites deciphering every minuscule detail of those instagram posts. Either way, it's clear from those very specific and cryptic captions that the album is coming soon :jonny5:.  Oh LORDe, the mother that you are!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, RihLorde said:

Ellaphants

:deadbanana:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Niemira said:

This theory, clown mask on:clack:

I genuinely think she just meant her age. She really cycles the albums around her ages, it feels like it's important to her. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, conquxror said:

I genuinely think she just meant her age. She really cycles the albums around her ages, it feels like it's important to her. 

So L4 before november?

3 hours ago, conquxror said:

Agreed. I think the caption is obviously hinting towards L4, but I don't think there's anything pointing to a specific release date. I hope it really does come out this year though!

Rolling Stone did some analysis here:
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/lorde-fourth-album-social-media-return-1235033457/

Fans have already taken up the task of attempting to decipher the symbols. A few pointed out that the first few characters, ©𝑳ĿŁု⑷♶, kind of look like her first name, Ella. Others identified the series of stars surrounding the number 27 as a nod towards Saturn returns, the astrological phenomenon that marks a spiritual overhaul around the age of 27. Lorde turned 27 last November and will soon enter her Saturn return period. Other symbols in the dump depict the chrysanthemum tile from the Chinese game Mahjong, the Egyptian hieroglyphic for "a woman and her occupations," and a crouching Egyptian desert hare.

The accompanying photos Lorde paired with the mysterious caption add little to no context to any of it. In the first of six slides, the musician stands on a balcony in a black dress with her arms resting on a ledge and her eyes closed. In the second, from the same scene, she holds her hair back as she spits over the balcony ledge. In the third, she holds in the palm of her hand a small pill with the word "spit" printed on it. In the fourth, a dish of jewelry sits on top of a pill of books: Constance Debré's Playboy, Jack Kornfield's After the Ecstasy, the Laundry: How the Heart Grows Wise on the Spiritual Path, and Annie Ernaux's Getting Lost.

Just assuming the album gets released in 2024, and on a Friday, and the single comes on a Thursday or Friday, we can attempt to narrow down the possible release date.

Months in 2024 where L4 can be released on Friday the 27th

• September
  • December, but probably not realistic when shops are closed and people are spending Xmas with families.

Months where an L4 single can be released on Thursday the 27th

• June

Months where L4 can be released on a Friday before her 28th birthday.

• June
  • July
  • August
  • September
  • October
  • November, but only on the first day of November

I don't think we getting an album this month, which would be in about three weeks from now, when we don't have a pre-order, a tracklist, or any info about what we are getting, or what physical and digital packaging options we are going to have this time.

Edit: also there are a lot of artists releasing in Summer and she might wait until after some of the big names have released their albums.

Edit2: most likely September or possibly October. They might not be too concerned with the Grammy deadline at the end of August, but August would be my third choice.

• Like 3

Sooo since you apparently know that the album is finished @thelourve do you think the recent Spit post is connected to anything album related?

Here is my latest theory, but perhaps not my last one:

Others identified the series of stars surrounding the number 27 as a nod towards Saturn returns, the astrological phenomenon that marks a spiritual overhaul around the age of 27.

Other symbols in the dump depict the chrysanthemum tile from the Chinese game Mahjong.

The Chrysanthemum Festival

"from mid-October to late November"

Nanyo Chrysanthemum Festival

"Nanyo Chrysanthemum Festival is held around Kumano Taisha Shrine and Nanyo Chuo Flower Park from early October to mid-November every year."

Sapporo Chrysanthemum Festival

"Early November"

Chrysanthemum Festival (Xiaolan-Zhongshan)

"The Chrysanthemum Festival, is a festival held in the town of Xiaolan in November."

Chrysanthemum

"Chrysanthemums start blooming in early autumn. They are also known as a flower associated with the month of November."

She will release L4 during the month of the chrysanthemum, on Friday 1st November, the last Friday before she turns 28 on Thursday the following week.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Imagine the emojis/characters on her post mean nothing and she was just smashing the keyboard :rip: 

4 hours ago, Tylerbv said:

Imagine the emojis/characters on her post mean nothing and she was just smashing the keyboard :rip: 

I mean if she smashed the keyboard it would've liked like SJSKFNENFKAKDNSDBSKDOWNDBSDJ instead of © 𝑳ĿŁု⑷♶⚤✬✹❁✰㉗✬✹❁🀥⚭ 𓆝𓃹𓁙 :rip:

• Like 1

Thoughts on the alleged release dates being August-October?? 

album of the decade. :heart:

• Like 1

3kCnZ0l.png

On 6/12/2024 at 1:11 AM, Gen said:

Thoughts on the alleged release dates being August-October?? 

I'm guessing you're referring to twitter "insiders" who don't know what month it's coming. :duck:

There seem to be a number of theories.

Single release on 27th June feels much too close, but we didn't get much warning for the Solar Power single either.

I'm guessing she's not getting a summer/pre-Grammy album deadline release and many of those weeks already have major label releases coming.

Following the "27" theory, Sep 27th feels possible and it's a Friday, but it could also be age 27.

I quite like the month of the chrysanthemum as the release month, also her birth month and the 12th anniversary of The Love Club EP. But US elections are on Tuesday 5th November, and they're going to take a lot of media and social media attention.

Does anyone know where the building is?

GPRUGVRbEAAmCm7.jpg

Is this the same place?

GPURms2bwAAAguJ.jpg

https://x.com/Lorde_fix/status/1798154827995988249
https://x.com/Lorde_fix/status/1798363551561846980

Edit: Never mind, it appears to be Chateau Marmont where she did some of her Melodrama release promotion. Interesting choice to go there when it's not going to be the cheapest place to hire for a photoshoot. Perhaps it will turn up again in the album promo.

2 hours ago, Letemtalk said:

3kCnZ0l.png

I'm guessing you're referring to twitter "insiders" who don't know what month it's coming. :duck:

There seem to be a number of theories.

Single release on 27th June feels much too close, but we didn't get much warning for the Solar Power single either.

I'm guessing she's not getting a summer/pre-Grammy album deadline release and many of those weeks already have major label releases coming.

Following the "27" theory, Sep 27th feels possible and it's a Friday, but it could also be age 27.

I quite like the month of the chrysanthemum as the release month, also her birth month and the 12th anniversary of The Love Club EP. But US elections are on Tuesday 5th November, and they're going to take a lot of media and social media attention.

Does anyone know where the building is?

GPRUGVRbEAAmCm7.jpg

Is this the same place?

GPURms2bwAAAguJ.jpg

https://x.com/Lorde_fix/status/1798154827995988249

Edit: Never mind, it appears to be Chateau Marmont where she did some of her Melodrama release promotion. Interesting choice to go there when it's not going to be the cheapest place to hire for a photoshoot. Perhaps it will turn up again in the album promo.

yeah it's Chateau Marmont, and to make things even more interesting she's wearing the SAME DRESS she wore the day on Melodrama's release day at Chateau Marmont

She had an interview & photoshoot about it here: https://time.com/lorde/

And this was her release day Chateau Marmont post with the same dress: https://www.instagram.com/p/CFrk6yTn1yz/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

And this was her release day Chateau Marmont post with the same dress: https://www.instagram.com/p/CFrk6yTn1yz/

I'm not sure if she could have been at Chateau Marmont on release day in 2017, even if they had pre-recorded Jimmy Fallon. Is that show pre-recorded?

Jun 15 - The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon, NBC.
Jun 16 - Bowery Ballroom intimate show streamed by SiriusXM (release day)
Jun 18 - iHeartRadio Much Music Video Awards, Toronto, Canada.
Jun 23 - Glastonbury, Worthy Farm, Somerset, England.

I thought that photo might have been her celebrating #1 for Melodrama, although she would have been in the UK that day, so perhaps not. In any case she had a busy week when she released Melodrama. Perhaps the photo was taken earlier.

The new pic does look like the same dress.

Edit: The bed in that Melodrama era instagram photo is different to the bed seen in her stories and reposted here.

Might still be Chateau Marmont in both, different rooms or perhaps they got new beds in the last 6+ years. But it does seem like there was an attempt to recreate some of the Melodrama era vibes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Letemtalk said:

Is this the same place?

GPURms2bwAAAguJ.jpg

Apparently this is at the rooftop of the Electric Lady studios

This is so funny I can't :bibliahh: :heart:

She's been way too active on social media lately for there not to be new music on the horizon

56 minutes ago, sweetblindness said:

She's been way too active on social media lately for there not to be new music on the horizon

so where is it

• Like 1

I just hope she doesn't pull a Katy. Drop some new hieroglyphics for Melodrama anniversary or something, please.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

so where is it

Idk I'm just coping tbh :deadbanana2: Maybe her label told her to be more active lately so she can be in the mind of the GP when her new music releases...idk

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.