Lady Gaga

Phoenixstar

5 minutes ago, Marry Illusion Glory said:

A test screening for "Joker 2: Folie à Deux" happened many months ago, in a state that wasn't NY or California. I couldn't report on it, sworn to not say a peep about how it went. However, I can confirm that the cut shown was said to run around 2 hours 29 minutesRumors were swirling today on social media that the latest 'Folie à Deux' cut, maybe the final one, clocks in at 2 hours 20 minutes. Who knows. The film has already been rated by the MPA, so it's in the can and ready to go.

What I will say about 'Folie à Deux' is that it does indeed revolve around the music therapy sessions at Arkham Asylum — that's where Arthur (Joaquin Phoenix) and Harleen (Lady Gaga) meet. Just to be clear, Gaga is not, technically, Harley Quinn here, but rather goes by the name of Harleen, Arthur calls her "Lee."

Arthur and Lee hit it off in Arkham due to his mommy issues, and Lee's own troubles with her father. Their bond strengthens more and more. This leads to the duo attempting to escape the asylum. The plan goes awry. I won't say more.

The cut shown had 20+ songs featured, four of them were originals. Although there is a duet, most of them are sung by Lady Gaga. In the film, Gaga sings a reworked version of Dinah Washington's "The Bitter Earth," with new lyrics, and it's said to be a major highlight.

https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2024/6/30/joker-2-folie-deux-runtime-currently-25-hours-1

Ruimy posted this on his blog. 20+ songs is a lot but omg, FOUR original songs  :WAP:

Gaga's reworked version of This Bitter Earth being a "major highlight" ahh :jonny4:

they're keeping it so tight lipped whew Gaga's team could neva 

• Thanks 1

• Replies 164.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marry Illusion Glory

• Almodusa

• Artur

• Leptine

23 minutes ago, Gangbaby said:

Tour announcement is coming the week before or after the album release for next year. That's it

Are you just guessing or do you work in the industry? :celestial5:

If the HasItLeaked tea has any validity (about Interscope being unhappy with Chromatica's subpar performance after ASIB) then I wouldn't be surprised if LG7 comes out late Q3/early Q4 to capitalize on JFAD hype/promo. And if it's a companion album, it makes even more sense.

Idk at this point tho, I'm not invested anymore until she announces. The speculation and empty teases are so tiring 

:khalyan:

• Like 3

I'm so stressed it may be TOO many songs and the audience will groan over it being saturated, but i'm sure Todd knows what he's doing. 

"I couldn't report on it, sworn to not say a peep about how it went."

Then went on for paragraphs of new teas. :dies: 

• Haha 5

I know it's a super unpopular opinion but I'm a huge fan of musicals so the more songs the better for me :gaycat4:

Hope the incels seethe tbh

Also, original songs!!! :party:

Edited by VortexTrap
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

yeah her doing this sounds like a collapse:jonny5:

I totally see Gaga singing this. Their voces matches. 

• Like 1

Just now, Vroom Vroom said:

How so? 

The new Mean Girls movie was based off the musical but they didn't really promote it as the musical. They just pushed it as a "remake" of the old one. People went into it thinking it was a normal movie but got long musical numbers thrown in their faces every 10 mins :rip: There were a lot of tiktoks/posts that went viral of people groaning in the theaters every time a musical scene would start and people walking out :rip: 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

So it's a whole- ass musical? I don't understand why they keep saying it's not? That's only gonna upset the incels even more. 

:skull:

4 minutes ago, FameFatale said:

The new Mean Girls movie was based off the musical but they didn't really promote it as the musical. They just pushed it as a "remake" of the old one. People went into it thinking it was a normal movie but got long musical numbers thrown in their faces every 10 mins :rip: There were a lot of tiktoks/posts that went viral of people groaning in the theaters every time a musical scene would start and people walking out :rip: 

Well, musicals became one of the most, if not the most, hated genres and least successful ones for a reason.:suburban:

spacer.png

7 minutes ago, FameFatale said:

Ummm yes, but JFAD has been really straight forward about its music elements. The teaser shows it in multiple scenes 

This is definitely not a Mean Girls/Wonka situation 

JFAD soundtrack will probably be out on voocaroo in September, after Venice. :oh:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Vroom Vroom said:

Ummm yes, but JFAD has been really straight forward about its music elements. The teaser shows it in multiple scenes 

This is definitely not a Mean Girls/Wonka situation 

The teaser trailer didn't give off the 20+ songs vibe :rip:  but I'm hoping the full trailer next month will have more of those elements. 

7 minutes ago, Vroom Vroom said:

Wonka situation 

People didn't know that was a musical going in? Both the 1970s original, and the 2005 Tim Burton remake were musicals ffs :laugh: :skull:

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.