Lady Gaga

Phoenixstar

Pls, the album needs to come out THIS year. They can't let the Joker hype go to waste.

:clack:

• Replies 163.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marry Illusion Glory

• Almodusa

• Artur

• Leptine

Did we forget what she said at TCB carpet about her being able to multitask on different projects more than we think? I feel like that was her way of telling us Joker & LG7 will be out around the same time and it won't be an issue. They can both coexist.

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, TrymeB said:

Already, oh she will be deeply involved in election, this fall.

Some of you may disagree but i hate it.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, zoldyck said:

i actually dk, WB might not want her being too political to avoid putting off potential JFAD audience members, remember it's $200m+ budgeted movie so they need the biggest audience possible. will be inch resting for sure...

2 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

i actually dk, WB might not want her being too political to avoid putting off potential JFAD audience members, remember it's $200m+ budgeted movie so they need the biggest audience possible. will be inch resting for sure...

Apparently its old video, so we safe for now.

2 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

Yeah thats 12M must have come with some restrictions, hopefully not getting too political is one of them

6 minutes ago, zoldyck said:

Yeah thats 12M must have come with some restrictions, hopefully not getting too political is one of them

i think she'll do some generic voting posts and leave it at that. i don't think celebrity endorsements really mean much anyways

• Like 1

I've never seen that speech before. The NY accent was coming out strong and stern. 

52 minutes ago, TrymeB said:

Unpopular opinion I wouldn't mind if LG7 comes out in 2025 and instead she focuses on JFaD and helping Biden win this election. 

She will do both; our girl is multi-talented.

Musician, actress, jazz entertainer, pharmacist, make-up artist, politician—and she's also Italian. :gaycat5:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

i think she'll do some generic voting posts and leave it at that. i don't think celebrity endorsements really mean much anyways

I don't think they mean much, but she really cares about American politics, especially when women's and LGBTQ+ rights are at stake. It's basically been her platform since day one.

This election is fundamentally capable of reshaping the global political equilibrium, so every voice counts if it can move a single vote, and Gaga is a great spokesperson (as proved by the video above)

Not the middle-aged locals on Twitter dragging TS and praising Gaga for being so outspoken and inspiring.:deadbanana2:

I'm liking all the soccer moms' tweets

:ryan3:

• Haha 5

still no lead announcement and back to Biden posting

7mdcDTt.gif

• Haha 5

Every time I remember she chose to record Come to Mama over Real Love Baby…chills down my spine 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, zoldyck said:

She might make a few posts here and there but it's almost certain she'll stay mostly quiet during the election this year (thank god). Warner Bros is not going to allow her to potentially alienate any audience for Joker

I seriously still can't understand why some of you are so impatient. RELAX. 

Edit: Is it because Katy is releasing soon? 

Edited by Blade Runner
  • Thanks 2

The demon that's guarding the vault with LG7 is Biden. She's not releasing until he wins. Her mind! :clack:

• Haha 2

I'm starting to feel uncomfortable about her political speeches. it's great that she's rallying against Trump, but she's still silent on Palestine which makes her seem sort of insincere.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TrymeB said:

Isnt this speech from 2020? At the end you can hear cars honking. In 2020 they had drive in rallies because of the pandemic 

• Like 1

Intrusive thoughts below...

Spoiler

Gaining weight is part of her Oscar strategy. It will highlight how insanely thin she got for JFAD, which will show her dedication to the role. Actors eat that **** up.

22 minutes ago, Rino said:

I'm starting to feel uncomfortable about her political speeches. it's great that she's rallying against Trump, but she's still silent on Palestine which makes her seem sort of insincere.

that clip is from 4 years ago :clack:

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

that clip is from 4 years ago :clack:

oh thank god, that hair does look familiar. 

she better stay silent on all political stuff if she's staying silent about Palestine. 

5 hours ago, Aden said:

I actually love that she's not above small private gigs. It benefits her to not try so hard to cultivate a god-like image which can be offputting in the modern era where people have less of a friendlier relationship with celebs.

Exactly. I think Beyonce is one of the best entertainers to ever exist, but the fact that she will never perform unless she can bring along a multi-million-dollar production because of how obsessed she is with perfection (not a diss), is off putting to me. I do not think it is beneath Gaga to snatch up some millions for a show like this. I think it fits exactly in with who she is.

46 minutes ago, Rino said:

Even though that video is old, no, it doesn't. Lady Gaga is an American citizen and is part of a subgroup of people who are currently under attack by Trump and Republicans. Had her speech occurred in 2024, it would be totally relevant and not contradicted by her silence on Palestine. She, as a woman, is allowed to be "selfish" and talk about how politics in her country are affecting her and people like her. She does not have to devote any time to a foreign conflict, even if morally she should speak about it. Americans are not in a position of privilege this time around when it comes to the politics, and we don't have to speak up about foreign countries before speaking up for ourselves, our friends, and our families. For me as a gay man living in a red state, I'm one election away from never being able to get married, adopt, or even safely live my life. I find that more important than anything else. Meanwhile, I can still show my support for the Palestinian people and wish for the genocide to come to an end. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

Edit: This is what women in the US are dealing with right now: 

These kind of men will be put into positions of power if Trump wins. Gaga should stay silent about this because she hasn't spoken about Palestine (which, to be clear: she should). That is total BS imo.

Edited by Sannie
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I feel like she's an artist who really benefits from visuals and sort of creating a self-contained world for every era with a defined aesthetic. I feel like the eras where visuals have taken a backseat (Joanne, Chromatica) have been viewed more negatively overall. Granted, I know more successful era = more funding for visuals but I think she's just such a visual artist that should be prioritized going forward. It's where her eras shine imo  

20 minutes ago, Sannie said:

Exactly. I think Beyonce is one of the best entertainers to ever exist, but the fact that she will never perform unless she can bring along a multi-million-dollar production because of how obsessed she is with perfection (not a diss), is off putting to me. I do not think it is beneath Gaga to snatch up some millions for a show like this. I think it fits exactly in with who she is.

Even though that video is old, no, it doesn't. Lady Gaga is an American citizen and is part of a subgroup of people who are currently under attack by Trump and Republicans. Had her speech occurred in 2024, it would be totally relevant and not contradicted by her silence on Palestine. She, as a woman, is allowed to be "selfish" and talk about how politics in her country are affecting her and people like her. She does not have to devote any time to a foreign conflict, even if morally she should speak about it. Americans are not in a position of privilege this time around when it comes to the politics, and we don't have to speak up about foreign countries before speaking up for ourselves, our friends, and our families. For me as a gay man living in a red state, I'm one election away from never being able to get married, adopt, or even safely live my life. I find that more important than anything else. Meanwhile, I can still show my support for the Palestinian people and wish for the genocide to come to an end. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

Edit: This is what women in the US are dealing with right now: 

These kind of men will be put into positions of power if Trump wins. Gaga should stay silent about this because she hasn't spoken about Palestine (which, to be clear: she should). That is total BS imo.

I understand your point of view but sadly can't relate to it cause I live in Russia :rip: having rights of any sorts has never been an option for me. 

still, I feel like Palestinians rn are having it way worse than me, so I do sympathize with them. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.