Lady Gaga

Phoenixstar

25 minutes ago, Summer Boy said:

Commercial success, maybe, but the soundtrack to the following of a Billion dollars movie has to be PERFECT, no half-assed songs. 

I'm not saying it's going to be shite, just that I don't expect it to be something "popular" in the vain of ASIB, Top Gun, etc. 

I would expect something closer to La Vie En Rose, maybe something more fitting like Singing In The Rain in a deranged scene or something

8 minutes ago, Leptine said:

Majority of songs are very likely goning to be covers for the kind of movie, probably jazz or standard classics, I don't expect as well ASIB kind of success

6 minutes ago, Mr. Stratus said:

I don't feel like it will be like an ASIB myself too, not even anything to do with popstar gaga actress gaga.

yes there will be music but it might not be accessible to mass GP with vertical videos on TTH for jazzy showtunes with funny lyrics. Art not chart tea

Exactly

• Replies 163.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marry Illusion Glory

• Almodusa

• Artur

• Leptine

Did I leave the bathroom light on?

Should I go back?

FsLZQ8UXsAADLXB?format=jpg&name=900x900

1 hour ago, industry baby said:

POP

+8 spins

+0,217 ai

HAC

+45 spins

+0,177 ai

44M overall airplay today and rises to #15 on overall radio :clap3: 

Rain on Me peaked at #15 as well. 

Bloody LEGENDARY simply refuses to die!

1 hour ago, Leptine said:

However as I said other times, having an original song for this project is not a good idea at all, it's very risky.

Assuming the movie will become an award contender as long as with Gaga performance, voters can still choose to reward her again in song (thinking will be her second Oscar anyway) and give the acting one to somebody else that never won or something, watch an overdue actress being in contention that season.

There’s no way they won’t include at least one original song to push during awards season. It might not be the accessible/commercial type, but no studio would willingly have Gaga on their movie and not want an original song to push. 

At the end of the day an Oscar is an Oscar to those studios, they sadly won’t think “ooh, Gaga has had a BOS win before, let’s aim for the BA this time”. Including an original song is a guaranteed nom and very possible win, so they will definitely aim for that. 

9 minutes ago, Ego said:

There’s no way they won’t include at least one original song to push during awards season. It might not be the accessible/commercial type, but no studio would willingly have Gaga on their movie and not want an original song to push. 

At the end of the day an Oscar is an Oscar to those studios, they sadly won’t think “ooh, Gaga has had a BOS win before, let’s aim for the BA this time”. Including an original song is a guaranteed nom and very possible win, so they will definitely aim for that. 

Exactly. They’ll for sure ask for an original song. 

No way a studio like WB would say no to extra oscar nomination in an important category like original song.  

This isnt an indie movie, i’m still in my own element saying WB will for sure gonna ask for a radio single original song. Maybe a duet something like Shallow.

A song sung by two psychopathic terrorists? In Oscar contention? And fitting for a radio single? I-

10 minutes ago, DoctorIce said:

A song sung by two psychopathic terrorists? In Oscar contention? And fitting for a radio single? I-

Shallow didn’t exactly sound like a radio single either. I remember people complaining about the weird verse-verse-chorus structure and the crowd noises when it first came out. 

If the song makes sense in the context of the movie and its respective scene is great, it could blow up (if not on radio, at least online). 

But regardless of radio, they for sure will request an original song for the sole purpose of being an awards contender. 

Yeah I agree with everyone pretty much dddd

The songs for the movie aren’t being crafted with an eye on commercial success and will likely feature at least some covers, at the same time I’m sure there will be at least one original song that they can submit for further awards consideration — it’s probably what also helped to make Gaga top of the list over her Hollywood competitors for the role. She’s the only real deal double threat working able to craft and perform original songs while double shifting as acclaimed actress.

If she nails that double duty for the second time with two wildly different characters / tones I think she will be rewarded for that.

Edited by Jessie

5 minutes ago, Jessie said:

Yeah I agree with everyone pretty much everyone dddd

The songs for the movie aren’t being crafted with an eye on commercial success and will likely feature at least some covers, at the same time I’m sure there will be at least one original song that they can submit for further awards consideration — it’s probably what also helped to make Gaga top of the list over her Hollywood competitors for the role. She’s the only real deal double threat working able to craft and perform original songs while double shifting as acclaimed actress.

If she nails that double duty for the second time with two wildly different characters / tones I think she will be rewarded for that.

This is very important for this fanbase to understand because I just know there will be meltdowns over the song not succeeding commercially. :rip:  Could it happen? Sure. Is it likely? No way.

Awards wise, many songs nominated are not radio friendly. If there are original songs, that would be the focus (awards) over commercial success. 

11 minutes ago, Almodusa said:

Awards wise, many songs nominated are not radio friendly. If there are original songs, that would be the focus (awards) over commercial success. 

For sure. Radio success has no bearing on BOS, but obviously being a hit can help with exposure.

10 minutes ago, Bang Up said:

This is very important for this fanbase to understand because I just know there will be meltdowns over the song not succeeding commercially. :rip:  Could it happen? Sure. Is it likely? No way.

Yeah, the mark of success will be how well the songs help to elevate the storytelling and tone established in the first movie that already had a very dreamlike quality to it — the music working in the context of the film is the priority, and if its success spills out onto chart metrics then that’s gravy.

Just like L4S peaking Top 10 for one week in key markets doesn’t really matter when it achieved everything it was supposed to by honouring Tony as a performer and recording artist. Leave the sales worry to the next pop studio album.

Anyway, all these set leaks have got me so excited again and we are still 18 months out  :rip:

celebrity-sightings-in-new-york-city-march-26-2023.jpg?s=2048x2048&w=gi&k=20&c=rXZc2yVHIAFOcbl-7bcb4hLwd6pLCWTcbkiZLt4rAH8=

celebrity-sightings-in-new-york-city-march-26-2023.jpg?s=2048x2048&w=gi&k=20&c=NS3fIk5qi12Cp9aNrBLKWi0A_7xPFx0YTktU__gVw8s=

The intensity of this scene :flame:

Her face :jonny:

That firm grip :jonny5:  

1 hour ago, Ego said:

There are definitely studios that would pull something like that though :rip: It's just part of a campaign strategy

At the end of the day, Gaga playing Harley is the big selling point for the movie, she is actively pursuing BA over any other award, and it would be a bigger win than anything below-the-line. Gaga in BA will probably be WB's biggest individual push for that season. 

If there's original music for J:FaD, it's because they needed it for the story. No studio would care about needing a surefire BOS winner when there's obvious opportunities for something bigger with the same person. 

7 minutes ago, sunbathinganimal said:

when Crazy in Love (feat. Joaquin Phoenix) is produced by BloodPop

cKs2DSL.gif

Not going to lie that Crazy In Love headline did make me scream a little. ‘03 Bonnie and Clyde (Arkham Mix) is coming to gag audiences.

cKs2DSL.gif

1 minute ago, EnigmaticAndroid said:

There are definitely studios that would pull something like that though :rip: It's just part of a campaign strategy

At the end of the day, Gaga playing Harley is the big selling point for the movie, she is actively pursuing BA over any other award, and it would be a bigger win than anything below-the-line. Gaga in BA will probably be WB's biggest individual push for that season. 

If there's original music for J:FaD, it's because they needed it for the story. No studio would care about needing a surefire BOS winner when there's obvious opportunities for something bigger with the same person. 

I agree it wouldn’t be forced on Phillips to shoehorn in original songs for the sake of it, but there’s no doubt Warners would ideally  want to be able to submit in as many categories as possible considering the last film managed 11 nods and they will be hoping for similar.

11 minutes ago, Marry Illusion Glory said:

celebrity-sightings-in-new-york-city-march-26-2023.jpg?s=2048x2048&w=gi&k=20&c=rXZc2yVHIAFOcbl-7bcb4hLwd6pLCWTcbkiZLt4rAH8=

celebrity-sightings-in-new-york-city-march-26-2023.jpg?s=2048x2048&w=gi&k=20&c=NS3fIk5qi12Cp9aNrBLKWi0A_7xPFx0YTktU__gVw8s=

The intensity of this scene :flame:

Her face :jonny:

That firm grip :jonny5:  

The way these pictures are serving major ***** acting energy. I can just imagine the way she hissed her line. Queen!

When she wins Best Actress Oscar and Crazy in Love goes #1 and becomes bigger than beyonce’s Crazy in Love 

cKs2DSL.gif

Just now, industry baby said:

When she wins Best Actress Oscar and Crazy in Love goes #1 and becomes bigger than beyonce’s Crazy in Love 

cKs2DSL.gif

Just imagine all the unnecessary “why?” “Surprised?” comparison threads.

spacer.png

Just now, Jessie said:

Just imagine all the unnecessary “why?” “Surprised?” comparison threads.

spacer.png

Atrl and twitter will collapse and beyonce will lose only thing she has when Gaga’s Crazy in Love becomes even bigger than Shallow 

cKs2DSL.gif

2 minutes ago, industry baby said:

Atrl and twitter will collapse and beyonce will lose only thing she has when Gaga’s Crazy in Love becomes even bigger than Shallow 

cKs2DSL.gif

when in reality it peaks at number 54 and drops out of the BB100 after three weeks

cKs2DSL.gif

2 minutes ago, sunbathinganimal said:

when in reality it peaks at number 54 and drops out of the BB100 after three weeks

cKs2DSL.gif

I believe in karma and C word vs R word threads will have its second round when Crazy in Love drops 

cKs2DSL.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.